Topic: sh 101 - ground hum

Anyone know how to get rid of the hum that sh 101 produces? I'm using Roland AC adaptor ACI-230 C  [9v 1000mA]. Dunno if the hum exists when synth is powered by batteries - will check tomorrow.

Re: sh 101 - ground hum

I don't think mine hummes at all...

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

the hum is usually caused by the adapters. try another one, basically any 9v 300mA will do.. i've always used those cheap multi-ones with 101's and never had a problem..

4 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2009-07-08 00:00:29)

Officialy the Roland PSA120S is the one for the SH101 (of the available powersupplies today)

A SH101 is very "feely" towards a wrong power adapter and will hum with the slightest different one.

i keep reading that too, but i've had 3 here, and they all worked fine with 5 euro multi power adapters from the gamma or similar places..

6 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2009-07-08 00:19:25)

Must be hit or miss with some 101's or maybe different versions cause I've had and seen many that hum with the wrong adapter. The newer Boss stuff is really bad with using a wrong adapter it will simply stop working after a while sad

had the same problem, the Boss PSA adaptor fixed it....

i need 2 sh-101 power adapters..both of mine are pretty wack. where can you buy them?

You can order them from any musicstore that sells Roland / Boss.

I cannot really remember hums, but I guess you don't hear in in the mix because of the other sounds.

years ago i used to get mine from maplin and they were always fine, but recently i got one of their new own branded power supplies and it was horribly noisy (plugged into equipment or not!), i took it back and the replacement was the same. so i'd say if you can find somewhere else reputable on-line, that's a safer bet imo. not sure who to recommend though.

could have something to do with how the electricity is in your house (like when you turn off a light you hear it through the mixer)?

http://www.thomann.de/gb/boss_psa_230.htm

i got one of those with my re-20, works great for both 606 and 101