1 (edited by Galliano 2009-07-03 14:56:01)

Topic: [Sthlm] July 9: SynthAfterWork@Sj

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object3/80/19/n67693971013_3412.jpg

Thursday July 9 Daniel Jonasson (Tinitus Festival) invites to another Synth After Work at medieval restaurant Sj

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

Re: [Sthlm] July 9: SynthAfterWork@Sj

Just a report from the night:

The venue was one of the smallest I've ever visited.
The DJ booth was placed in the window of the small room, with a rectangular bar table to put the equipment on.

As I play vinyl only, I brought along my own turntables.
It turned out the table was in fact too small for all the gear but I managed to squeeze the turntables in there somehow.
The feet of the turntables was more outside than on the table and I still don't understand how they din NOT fall off the table and crashed into the floor. Next time I will bring some gaffa tape just in case (I usually do - you never know what will happen)

I had a bit of a hellride to get to the venue.
I was at my parents summer house in the Stockholm archipelargo and had to go by small boat from their island to the mainland, then 60 km to my home (in heavy rain) to pick up the records and my turntables and then drive another 40 km's to central Stockholm (in more rain).

Otherwise the evening was a success.
It seems almost the entire "Creme de la creme" of the Stockholm synth scene was there.
Lots of familiar faces from recently and the past.

I guess we (myself and DJ Uppenberg) shocked the regulars a bit by mixing regular synth standards with new beat, new italo and electro and some other odd pieces (I guess they only knew max 10% of what we played), but the crowd seemed to like it.

I don't think I've ever got som much good reviews from the audience ever, that was nice.
It's always fun to introduce people to new music they turn out to like.

After I left the club I drove back home, left all the stuff and then went to my parent's place again (another 100 km drive, finishing with an adventurous boat trip in the middle of the night, full speed over the dark sea with just a tiny flashlight to perhaps show other possible boats my position)

Quite an odd experience in total.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.