Re: 10 samples

maybe spec can be your guide to get a record made for wt..we'd love that

What you are experiencing is normal. And you are doing the right thing to record all your ideas. You might consider to spare time to categorize and classify your samples/ideas. Just spend a day to select some worthwile ideas. The next step could be to keep those in mind, dream about them in a good nights sleep and plan a day to cast them in the track-framework.

28 (edited by Sander 2009-06-07 00:29:31)

Yes but I use a load of synths for music and do not sample each sound of a track. I only save the midi data in the mpc. I do not use song mode, since I only want to record tracks on the fly, so by mute/unmute sounds in realtime and play on the drummachine and knobs on the synths. I hate it to have like 10 static samples and put them in the pc and arrange it to a song or program a song in the mpc  Then you miss all the spontaneous variations.  And it also would sound less good soundwise. Multitrack recording is also a thing I don't do.

the 2009 samples are all REALLY great. hope u finsehd them. the firsts bassline reminds me on cybotrons "enter"

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

2009 = bottom of the barrel

i'd like to see a record too.
time to get to grips sander

32 (edited by Sander 2009-06-07 10:51:11)

We will see what happens. Thanks for listening all.

3, 4, 7, 8, 9.  Very good track samples.  Makes me want to hear more.  Bite the bullet and finish them

Ok cool, thanks, but those are the old samples. The new ones not any of your taste?

Sander, these new snippets are fine too. Good sounding deep chi-house tracks, nothing wrong with most, except for that they are short and a little too unstructured..

But please, stop doubting, mail speculator and plan a WT release. I am sure you are able to finish tracks easily if you have a deadline.

This is awesome - I like them all. But I really felt in love with http://home.tiscali.nl/~smeyer/sample030509seq3.mp3 that's right my taste. Finish them!

automatique wrote:

This is awesome - I like them all. But I really felt in love with http://home.tiscali.nl/~smeyer/sample030509seq3.mp3 that's right my taste. Finish them!

Cool, yeah I have to think of some variations in that track or extra sounds. I could not really play too much with the filter, because that soundend not nice so nice on the dx200. I might could route it through an external analog filter.

Starborough wrote:

Sander, these new snippets are fine too. Good sounding deep chi-house tracks, nothing wrong with most, except for that they are short and a little too unstructured..

Thanks, but sounding Chicago??? no, not these. Only some of the old snippets.

seq 2 out of 2009 is pretty cool!
jam someway always has something fascinating that goes beyond any track structure,leave place to your imagination imho

Sander wrote:

The biggest problem is that I keep on searching for new sounds and variations in tracks. I always think it's get to boring otherwise. Often I cannot choose which variations are the best. Certain sounds can be played in so much variations that I only play on the keys for an evening without choosing something. I mostly end up with only the basics of a track.

You seem to be a similar person to me when it comes to making tracks , I'm also extremely impatient, want to do everything live and the biggest problem is that tracks end up as raw jams without hardly any structure. I think if you have a problem with choosing melodies and stuff you should kick out some synths and focus best on only a very few (I use never more than 1) that you know from a-z and have tweaked out every sound that is possible. Less possibilities are often more and never forget that people could still make up new stuff on a sole piano after 300 years.
Having less synth possibilities will give you much better knowledge and feel more confident about what you're doing and you'll end up easier with something worthwhile.
Also it gives you easier the possibility to think of melodies and other shit while being outside of the studio, since you really know how to do them.