Topic: Nur noch 10 Tage!!! Dann MELT ick ma in Ferropolis

Melt! Festival 2008 (18.-20. Juli 2008)

some other Bots going there too?

http://i34.tinypic.com/1tv9s7.jpg

Ey Freund Blase, es gibt süßen Brei!

Re: Nur noch 10 Tage!!! Dann MELT ick ma in Ferropolis

lineup is big!

within some "kommerz" artists,  me really like to see Kate Nash!!!
3days , lots of gaudy people, huge excavators.  i bet for holodays the monday after, so chefe give it to me!!!

the area ferropolis, where this festival takes place is such a blast.

very big festival, but i think it is one of these i still like.
would have been there, but unfortunately not this year..

Shit, missed that topic. Have been there, was a blast!

was it raining?

Occasionally, but imho no problem at all for us.

yeah we was there too, got a bit wet but all good.

9 (edited by disco train 2008-07-22 12:18:59)

festival was shit this year but every artist i wanted to see and got to see rocked hard, which compensated; at least beside the canceled gig of hercules & love affair, that i was so much looking forward to. stereo mcs were cool as fuck. hadn't seen them since '93. sadly they forgot the subwoofers on every floor.

disco train wrote:

festival was shit this year but every artist i wanted to see and got to see rocked hard, which compensated; at least beside the canceled gig of hercules & love affair, that i was so much looking forward to. stereo mcs were cool as fuck. hadn't seen them since '93. sadly they forgot the subwoofers on every floor.

So why was the whole festival shit than? I don't get why there's something to complain about, strongly disagree.

11 (edited by disco train 2008-07-22 15:00:18)

the artists did perform good, the promoters not.

this was my 7th melt! festival, every year they promise to improve certain issues, every year they grow, sell more tickets and refuse to take care about certain things.

the biggest issue at this festival was safety. they rather did not have a good safety concept, or were not able to make it work. the security was often not enough, not doing their job, not knowing what to do. there was obviously no "leading hand". it was close to some injurys at the wristband trade counters or the busses in the morning and as far as i heard at the indoor floor. things that could easily be avoided, when planning ahead, having a concept and a good and instructed security. and as you could already see last year, it is not ok for security to drink and take drugs.

beside that, i think it were too much people for the venue. it was too crowded compared to the past. in earlier years you had more free space to sit down, stand around and chat, go to the sea. it was more inviting to try to walk around, explore the venue and new artists. we concentrated on some artists. i have never been on the festival site for less hours any of the years before.

and they were not able to inform people about changes in schedule etc. they have a pa system and screens at at every floor. why is it so hard to tell the people that hercules & love affair was cancelled? nobody new what was going on. i mean, grab a microphone, say a sentence and it's done. doesn't hurt.

disco train wrote:

and they were not able to inform people about changes in schedule etc. they have a pa system and screens at at every floor. why is it so hard to tell the people that hercules & love affair was cancelled? nobody new what was going on. i mean, grab a microphone, say a sentence and it's done. doesn't hurt.

totally agree there. there was no info about the cancellation. just as well my wife pushed to call it a night after Kittin and Hacker, as I would have kept waiting at the tent for them to come on.

Also, on Friday afternoon I downloaded driving instructions from their website which did not take into account a detour that must have been in place for several weeks.

So those two things soured friday. But saturday was great. really enjoyed Roisin Murphy, some of the Brazilian DJ's and Technotronic!

And i did like the choice of food and food prices. Totally reasonable. The drinks were ok priced too.

raz0r| wrote:

Shit, missed that topic. Have been there, was a blast!

you lucky, i missed MELT.
Retry in  '09 with a blue monday and some more Ka-ching ftw!