Re: Football

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 … -cancelled

they had me a little scared there, 'cause I already ordered tickets for the tournament...

pfff...

sigh, looks like xabi alonso has finally gone to madrid.
one of the three surviving heroes from istanbul,
you will be missed cabron

keep hackney crap

Where I used to half like Real Madrid when they had a good team and played good football, I now have come to hate them passionately. Those fuckers and their money.....so many excellent players who just keep the bench warm.

Thx god, a new soccer season has started! My life felt so empty without it wink

http://www.juniorlions.co.uk/leeds_united_crest.jpeg

Leeds United off to a decent start with a win. Surely this is the season when we're out of this rubbish division for good!
Good to have football back, it's been a long and desolate summer without any World Cup or Euros.

aaaaahh, premier league on the way... finally.

Den Haag - Enschede 0-1

@ _Black_Acrylic: Are you from Yorkshire?

Why else would he support Leeds? smile

cuties don't exert

You would be surprised...
There are Leeds and Wolves fan clubs back in Malta, for example.

Besides, it would be nice to know that there's someone from Yorkshire that's not into Electro-House ot any of that bullshit. York is killing me in that aspect!

61 (edited by _Black_Acrylic 2009-08-16 15:51:01)

Born in Leeds, 100% United!

I've lived up Scotland close to 10 years now, and as for electro-house skeletons in my closet...  no comment!

PSV 4 - Ajax 3

what a game.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

Life without Alonso is grim, but we'll be OK if Aquilani stays injury-free...

Great result for the yid army smile

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46214000/jpg/_46214664_bassong466x282.jpg

Ow Rick, stop rubbing it in!
Byron, help me out here... big_smile

gerrard was whiny and tired, torres fell all over the place, lucas was shit as always, carragher was carragher, johnson was good... i think we hade one shot on goal and that was the penalty.

fernando, i thought you said this was our year. you're right, there are no excuses, so start delivering!

here's where the trophies are going this season lads

http://www.here.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/pinkrangerover.jpg

in the trunk

cuties don't exert

Damn, for a second I thought you were gonna say that the trophies were gonna be melted into nickel to make up for that atrocious pink trim! lol

Woody Aki wrote:

Ow Rick, stop rubbing it in!
Byron, help me out here... big_smile

I have to gloat mate, great results like this don' t happen that often for us wink

go Spurs! cool

Ghent 2nd after Anderlecht atm (only 3 matches played of course)
hope they can measure themselves with 'the classic three' (Anderlecht / Standard / Brugge) for the whole season

like-a-kim wrote:

go Spurs! cool

Ghent 2nd after Anderlecht atm (only 3 matches played of course)
hope they can measure themselves with 'the classic three' (Anderlecht / Standard / Brugge) for the whole season

They should take advantage of not playing in Europe. I hope they can stay ahead of Bruges smile!

Anderlecht against Lyan tomorrow, hop they can return with a decent result.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Klart wrote:

Anderlecht against Lyon tomorrow, hop they can return with a decent result.

will be a very interesting game.lyon isn't ready yet, that might be a chance for anderlecht.

lyon has lost benzema but has bought serious new recruits.

i never saw played anderlecht but heard really good things about biglia & boussoufa

Biglia & Suarez are the 2 Argentinian players 'in a zone' at the moment, but in the end I think Lyon will be stronger..
Lyon defenders must be aware for Polish tank/defender Wasilewski.. he's the king of the elbow smile

noctambulo wrote:
Klart wrote:

Anderlecht against Lyon tomorrow, hop they can return with a decent result.

will be a very interesting game.lyon isn't ready yet, that might be a chance for anderlecht.

lyon has lost benzema but has bought serious new recruits.

i never saw played anderlecht but heard really good things about biglia & boussoufa

I have to disagree, Anderlecht sucks big time but I'm not being objective, I hate that club wink It's so easy to be a fan of Anderlecht: they have the most money, they buy all our good players, bla bla bla, it's the Real Madrid of Belgium, yawn!
Still, I hope they go through, would be good for the Belgian football. And I really hope Standard will play well in the Champions League, they have the best and most talented squad in years in Belgian football. Remember how good they played against Liverpool and Everton last year? Smaakt naar meer!

AA Gent should have a good season, they didn't miss their start this year, compared to last year, if they hadn't missed their start they would have played European football. My favourite club (Essevee Waregem)didn't have a good start, 3 draws in a row, pffff but this weekend I'm sure we'll beat the shit out of Anderlecht smile

"A Real Music Hater"

I live a stone's throw from Anderlecht and have always been a fan, so not a "successupporter". You're right about them being the richest and buying all good players, but it sure is fun to support a team that always competes for the 1st place.

Still they have a wonderful team at the moment. That second goal by Suarez this weekend? Pure class. Hoping standard will do good in CL at well, last year sure was impressive (allthough they didn't get as far as Anderlecht the year before, Anderlecht beating Bordeaux after the poules).

Essevee at home can be tough. Maybe they can take advantage from Anderlechts European obligations.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.