Re: strange ear disturbance

well the old folklore explanation to this could be:

This is what my mother used to say about it, because i get it also alot

when someone tells about you or thinks about you (in a negative or slender way), you get that beep in your ears...

but i am a sucker for mythology and old folk fairytales hehe

Sounds like voodoo...

"Are you loving?"

Some very funny remarks here on this thread. Yesterday my physician told me, after some tests with medieval headphones, that I had tinnitus. No cure, no use of getting a proper test he said. Would it be worth it to be more assertive and demand a follow up?

Mine was not a beep... For those with a synthesizer: get a sine waveform, tune it at around 300Hz, mod its pitch via an LFO and slowly tune it down to the minimum.
I just tried with my MS20.. had the same effect.

Maybe I have one in my right ear? Need to know how to control it!!!! big_smile

so its a vibrato sound then, thats rather strange indeed...maybe plug a jack inside your ear so you can record it tongue

i got something like this -  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patulous_Eustachian_tube
thats been happening for the past 8 years or so..
i see its rare though
i might want to check it further and find a solution to this at last - its extremely annoying, very confusing as well. when it happens it keeps comming back for a long periods of time..

Indeed lot of recognition here. Have it since I was a kid - High peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and then nothing, lately have it more and more when I wake up, almost like an exploded speaker. And then its gone. Ahh well we're all doomed

Non linear elements avoid the void of your voice

meschi wrote:

well in.
one of the few people Ive heard of getting decent plugs before they get tinnitus. Most people Ive heard of, including me, wait until something goes wrong.

it's about damn time for me. the days of carefree and gay youth are over in my book.

well not entirely big_smile

it's just that reason gets the upper hand more often these days than it used to.