Topic: John Carpenter - "Christine" OST bootleg?

new sealed copy in my local record store, bootleg or legit?

also "The Fog" and Tangerine Dream - "Near Dark"

?

Re: John Carpenter - "Christine" OST bootleg?

i saw "the fog" here in the local recordshop
with the german title "nebel des grauens"
sealed copy
was wondering the same

Vlam Aan

3 (edited by captain duran 2009-08-12 13:25:32)

heard nothing about a vinyl re-issue. and it would be strange if there is a german and int. pressing for The Fog OST nowadays... isnt it nice to find these records still sealed then?

Btw Kuczera, I still miss the soundtrack. I would buy it for 3

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

is that this one?

http://www.discogs.com/John-Carpenter-A … ase/212704

I am still looking for the original US pressing on VS with only John Carpenter & Alan Howarth score and not the Rock'n Roll.

Europa has burned, and will burn again

5 (edited by kuczera 2009-08-12 13:38:11)

i never heard the christine soundtrack

@ el capitan, it's 8 or 9 euri, i believe

the expanded fog cd soundtrack is expensive now, shit i had to buy it when i had the chance

Vlam Aan

saw the german orig. The Fog - Nebel Des Grauens  today, but I did not bought it, was 10

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Bought the fog "sealed" last week at Clone. I think it's legit...or?

http://www.clone.nl/item15987.html

"Are you loving?"

ah, that

discogs sales 

It's the same as the one from 1985 http://www.discogs.com/John-Carpenter-T … ase/566186

3euro is a good (better) deal I'd say... wink

"Are you loving?"

ooops, these discogs freaks sell it for good money (craze). maybe 10

discogs sales 

11 (edited by Septicstudio 2009-09-03 06:53:05)

I found the fog OST not so special. I got it also, its not a typical carpenter LP imho...like Prince of darkness, escape from NY, 13th precinct etc. its okay really but not as good as those others. Nothing to get really exited about.

That christine LP i am curious about never heard that OST again after seeing the movies in the 80s

^^ are you serious? it's typical carpenter
and it's darker then the others.. really spooky sometimes

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:

^^ are you serious? it's typical carpenter
and it's darker then the others.. really spooky sometimes

well its good but I found it not typical carpenter stuff (like those thumping repeating bass he always seems to use etc).
Its darker than the other stuff he did, but for me Prince of Darkness is solely on top of em all, but thats becauze its also one of my alltime fav movies of this planet.