Topic: Solina B417

Any of you dutchies know where I can get any info on this awesome machine? Apparently it's liek a Solina String Ensemble + other crazy. Can hardly find anything online. There's stuff on other Solinas and Eminents but not this one which apparently is a good one to have.

Bought it a few weeks ago in perfect shape for $100. Came with bench, ton of music books, original receipt ($3000 Cdn. in 1980! lol.) Came with everything but the damn manual. I figured out everything except it's wacky orbitone modulation panel that's confounding me so far.

So any help from you guys in the Netherlands would be appreciated.

Re: Solina B417

can't find much either except here they're giving them away for free. it does apparently contain a string section, though no idea if its the same as the srting ensemble. does it have the same chorus? thats what makes the sound of the string ensemble so unique..

Oh it does. The multivoice thing is the coolest part and the string ensemble part. It lets you combine multiple sounds at once. If ya can get one ya should.

Also cranked up and modulated the bass pedals are phat and dirty. Ya, I gotta find a manual.

i've also always wanted the eminent organ that jarre used.. you see them regularly here. unfortunately i have absolutely no room in my house for a big organ.. but it sounds like you found something good there!

plikestechno, it sounds like it sounds like something good! any pics?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Qn-x_dDs8
rude it does add some space to your house smile

touch your fear, dont be afraid!

Heading out on holidays but will throw up some picks when I'm back. Maybe some MP3s out of the old clunker too.