Re: Message From Future

Remember XDJX - the needs to the few can outweigh the needs of the many.

XDJX wrote:

Funny how a lot of people are already worried what it is they're gonna get for free in the future.

I'm glad i terminated the CBS but regret it for the few who really, I mean really appreciated it and felt it was also important to put effort in it and/or donate a few lousy euri per month.

I think I have to throw up.

I am not asking anything free. I want to know how to donate and if we already were subscribing donators, do we have to do anything to remain that way?

Please, take my money.

I don't have a credit card so if there are things I won't be able to hear, I would love to hear them now while I can!

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

Debit card connected to a bank acct. waiting to support TNT here.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

80 (edited by zora 2008-07-23 01:24:36)

as i said before, i also think that its a pity that some of the folders might disappear. and i can as well see the point in not approving the reservation of the cbs shows for donators only (and what about new submissions actually??). apart from being excited about what might come, i must admit, that when i first read djxs post, i also thought that this rdj.net/cbs shows part is a mess. but on the other hand it is a comprehensible move. and maybe being a bit more greedy is the only way to get this new thing (whatever this new thing is going to be) started and to become sth that is worth every f*cking single donation, like cbs def was.
when i started my subscription, i simply did it in order to give sth back, since i received so much more from cbs. i never thought about getting a mix stash, im not even doing mixes. it was just.. cbs deserved it. and it was for all the hours the stream was there to delight me. some of you contributed in other ways, that were possibly way more important. for me it was more or less the only way to contribute and to show that i appreciated what cbs did.
some  probably share my feeling of being even more responsible today, since cbs shutdown and the development of this new forum. i think im more aware about the necessity, but also fragility of things like that now.
after the cbs had passed away i thought about what to do and decided to keep donating, since i hoped it might be helpfull to create sth new. and it looks promising, no!? what i submit might be not more than a drop in the ocean, but the sum makes it, i guess.
everybody was mourning when the cbs shut down all systems and so was i. but now we can support the setup of sth new.. and stop the moaning. if the new thing is going to be just half as good as the cbs (stream) was, we all can be

.."this world`s a bubble"..

81 (edited by Niet Rockers 2008-07-23 07:49:39)

I touched a nerve...

What i regret the most - apart from the death of the cbs- is that the first infos about the new thing are about donations and a "bunch of exclusives". It's even a knife in my back to read that cbs content will be available for donators.

From the last topic of the cbs forum:
"I refuse to believe there is not more people out there who are potential listeners for our musix but we are
simply not reaching them and I believe the CBS concept is too shady and unclear, even too intense at times to draw more audience.
We tried, for instance, by providing extra web services but to be completely honest I couldn't care less about all that."
rdjx

This statement seems to engage the new thing on a way to reach a bigger audience, the main goal of djx as it seems. Knowing that, It looks inconsistent to make the community aware that donators will be highly welcomed on the new thing.

I could donate if for exemple the new thing plan would be to expend the broadcasting via satellite or any other solutions that set me free from being between four walls. I mean i don't feel guilty to not act like a waterhead whose devotion pushes him to donate. We could argue on wether or not donations are worth it. However, after the first shutdowns and the donating campains, i never read anything about how exactly the money had been spent.

I also didn't give money to the system because i'm not interested in a mix stash or whatever premium access. I have been mainly listening to the stream, my only interest was in the high quality radio that cbs was. I never felt guilty, i spent a huge amount of money on viewlexx/murder capital/... records and on trips across europe for parties with djx. I won't tolerate to be blame for it, especially when i see people here using the forum as a tool for their propaganda.

82 (edited by JamesTRubotnik 2008-07-23 08:06:59)

arnie's love wrote:

Everytime that someone related to the CBS comes to play to Barcelona I go to the show and pay religiously my 12/15

Top Secret!

5, 3, 6 or 100 platenspelers, fuck it!

Same here Niet.

XDJX wrote:

Funny how a lot of people are already worried what it is they're gonna get for free in the future.

I'm glad i terminated the CBS but regret it for the few who really, I mean really appreciated it and felt it was also important to put effort in it and/or donate a few lousy euri per month.

I think I have to throw up.

@XDJX
If this is an strategy to make me feel guilty or affraid, it doesn't work...

The world will continue spinning without cbs, and we'll keep enjoying good music as well... rebellion of the machines!

I love America!

dirtieblonde wrote:

Please, take my money.

http://www.hotmix.nl/mixstash.php

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell

All donators mixes are free to leech. All recorded CBS shows are owned by XDJX and so it is his choice to give or not.

@Larry Levan: Boehoe

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.  ~Bertrand Russell

Anyone remember laughter?
Arkade Funk is for the lost and confused b-boys and b-girls that time forgot.

ONLY MUSIC SURVIVES.

88 (edited by e-control 2008-07-23 11:19:15)

Niet Rockers wrote:

I also didn't give money to the system because i'm not interested in a mix stash or whatever premium access. I have been mainly listening to the stream, my only interest was in the high quality radio that cbs was. I never felt guilty, i spent a huge amount of money on viewlexx/murder capital/... records and on trips across europe for parties with djx. I won't tolerate to be blame for it, especially when i see people here using the forum as a tool for their propaganda.

good point!

nobody should feel guilty if donating or not.
it's natural that most people here spend much money on clone/viewlexx ... records, and
so this is a kind of donation as well, because the cbs advertises for those labels and especially promotes
it's closest friends (which it of course has every right to).

so the reward is already there.
for sure, that money isn't enough to keep something like cbs (or a similar, future project) with all it's features
alive for a long time, so donating is a good thing, but must be a free decision imo - also in the future,
because otherwise it's even getting harder to get more listeners (if that's the point that counts).

i assume rdjx's point was mainly to get NEW listeners that never listened before involved and interested in 'the thing'.
that's very logical, but we must also ask if that's really desirable?

imagine how we maybe would feel in three years if many more people jump on the italo train or create a commercial hype.. that 'vision' cleary shows to me that our community is already big enough - seriously!
are there really that extremely much more electronic producers and enthusiasts out there that never heard of the cbs?
i'm not sure..

just my opinion is, we have to go to another direction.
due to the fact that cbs played most of the excellent old stuff already several tiimes (although there are still many holy grails to discover) i think we should focus on mainly new productions, also to give new artists from all over the world the feeling to be appreciated like artists in the 80s were.
(sounds naive, don't get me wrong, i don't really believe anyone can reach that effect with a similar good production like the 80's had today, i just mean the tendency, the kick, the incentive to live a musical life with the emotion of
doing something really new that isn't linked to the past that much ..).
my suggestion just is to create the platform less old school, but more modern (without looking cheesy or commercial),
but keeping it's visionary touch that completely differs from any other thing.
( smile i know, easy said but hard to realize, just wanted to throw my opinion in smile )

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

If this is an strategy to make me feel guilty or affraid, it doesn't work...

The world will continue spinning without cbs, and we'll keep enjoying good music as well... rebellion of the machines!

true.
And the CBS kept on spinning as long as it did without you. Other people are to thank for that. And I haven't had any doubts good music will find it's way, CBS did it's work, I'm glad you have the courage to admit it.

Niet Rockers: You are contradicting yourself.
First you claim to feel gutted we took away your freebees, next thing you state is you only listened to the stream and didn't want to donate because blah blah..
Nobody is blaming you for anything, you are not obliged to give money to the organization, you have been a good Robot enjoying the stream as it was and I hope we can count on your ears whenever there is a new thing to hear.
And that's all you want and that's what you get.
What's the problem here?

90 (edited by Robot Monster 2008-07-23 13:28:49)

Cheer up robots, TNT is coming smile Am I already supporting TNT with my robotdj.net subscription, or will there be set up a new sort of subscription thingy?

robots.for.robots

Saying you're FORCED to donate to get some goodies is pretty god damn retarded. You're not forced to do shit. Fuck all this piddly crap.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

92 (edited by XDJX 2008-07-23 14:01:26)

best one is that they think buying a Viewlexx record gives them the right to tune in to a 24/7 radio station with non-stop freebees on top of it.
I wonder if it's something in the drinking water that twisted these minds.
next thing is they demand you start feeding them because they paid entrance to a party you played.
LOL.

you haven't said much about that new thing. to be fair honest, you've just been talking about donation.it's normal robots start asking questions.
i might throw up as well btw.

so is asking for a live broadcast story at bedtime out of the question?

let's have a puke fest then!

.....spoilt, selffish attitude.....me, me, me...what can i get

i don't give a fuk wat the hotmix foundation did/does with my donations....get high, get laid..i don't care...perhaps it helped the cbs stay on air abit longer...as zora said cbs gave more than i could ever repay

really bugs that still ppl only think about themself...wat about robots for robots?

nae wonder djx loses the plot at such an ungrateful shower hmm

Let's get Dumb

My view is that C-B-S did never have a sustainable business case for paid content. The target group is too small, and if you don't make enogh money, you're not able to provide features which keep enough people paying for it.
Voluntary donations are nice, but I am sure, that is also neither covering expenses not that they are very satisfying in the long run.

So I wish good luck with the New Thing whatever it is, but I am worried that the whole C-B-S hype is pretty much history soon. I have seen this happening with other excellent but niche franchises.

Maybe you should offer some decent Minimal Techno Mixes...

Europa has burned, and will burn again

what ungrateful shower ? everyone  here is thankful for what he did with the cbs.
i'm not taking any side.
just speak my mind.

99 (edited by DumbBot 2008-07-23 14:59:14)

that wasn't aimed at you zippo....just bugs me at all this selfish whining...some ppl don't seem all that grateful, or they could shell some euri's..

Let's get Dumb

really respect all the work done with the cbs... and i think everyone here is... ok there is some whinning and the whole thing is getting out of the context.and that's the pity....
but in the mean time i don't think djx has exposed his new plan very well (nobody's perfect and everybody make mistakes)   
message from the futur, new thing trademarked, i mean come on,  i feel like djx is launching  a new burger...
let's get back to music please...

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Message From Future