Topic: Rio de Janeiro

Any experience with clubs there?

Re: Rio de Janeiro

I've had some experience clubbing in Rio de Janeiro. I gotta tell ya, it's not exactly music paradise for the fellow robot. Most of the clubs are playing mainly highly commercial tech house and stuff like that. There's a club that's cool. It's called Lounge 69, but it's not often that you can catch a really good dj spinning there. There was a regular party there that was great, but unfortunately, it's not regular anymore. It happens once in a while. The best parties in Rio happen once in a while. Another cool place is Cinemateque. But it's the same thing. The best parties don't happen every week. Usually, it's once a month. There are 2 good ones that happen there: Kraut and Phunk. And there's this excellent party called Moo.
You see, there are very good djs here. A small league of very fine gentlemen, but they aren't residents anywhere, so you have to look for them.
Maybe there are other good places that I'm not aware. I don't go out so much. I'll have to ask my friends.
But Rio can be very fun, if you escape a bit from those clubs and explore it. Samba school rehearsals and baile funk are very nice. And the beach, of course.
Are you coming to Rio? If you are. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

baile funk man !!!

ancestors from another galaxy

I went to an after party club somewhere in Rio , I don't even remember this place but the music was so nice, chicago house, house, electro ... I'm gonna ask to my friend in Brazillllllllll

Great stuff... went to Rio for only three nights... no time to search and experience any club... pity... but Brasil was muito bom! Especially those nasty creatures walking and swimming around in the amazon... no place to wear your flip-flops smile

I went to Help when I was there which is so awful that it is actually funny. You literally tripple over the hookers there (also a bit sad actually). big_smile

http://www.discoteca-help.com/index.html

"Are you loving?"

7 (edited by dica 2009-09-16 16:36:50)

haha, I had sort of a same experience in the hardrock cafe in Kuala Lumpur... young Maleisian hookers flirting with other people (read: me) while sitting on some fat, ugly German guy's lap...

actually that was also pretty sad...