901 (edited by Madame Strobonoid 2009-09-28 08:04:03)

Re: Life sucks when ...

... Germanys CDU/CSU reached the election-victory! Dark Control Age ahead ..... DAMNED IDIOTS! sad  I gonna puke right now .... hmm

need a new clutch for my car. pretty soon. will cost at least 450-500 euros. damn.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

kuczera wrote:

* calimero status on * what's wrong with people who order records at your little store ?
they don't pay and don't react on any email
i don't understand

* calimero status off *

don't think I understand what you mean by that..

found a new ipod already btw; 120,- eurie for a 60gb classic. means I have to drive to Eindh. to get it, but what the heck..

zora wrote:

need a new clutch for my car. pretty soon. will cost at least 450-500 euros. damn.

maybe time for a "new old" car?

ik ben groot en jij bent klein.. en dat is nie eerlijk..

the world againt me trauma.. snappie?

Vlam Aan

duidelijk.

Zubeldia wrote:
zora wrote:

hm, think its still worth the repair. never had any problems and for its age and brand its still in quite good condition. and to be more precise: its just the clutch disc. which is badly worn though. hm, and since im loosing a bit more brake fluid than usuall i might have to do sth on my brakes (at my back wheel) as well when its time for next t

that sounds logical, I thought you were perhaps driving an old beat-up corsa or something wink

hehe, not too far from this. its a 95s ford fiesta. but they do have much longer lasting motors, of course.

a 1.1-ish diesel that sounds like a tractor right? those things last forever indeed wink

used to drive one of those, not diesel though. on my first day at work in a new country i was driving down the motorway and the engine blew up, somehow a piston went through the engine wall or something. what are the chances?

overall was a good car though

its been one year exactly

Non linear elements avoid the void of your voice

Having a cold sucks.

I was home from work two days last week.

First day I rented 4 DVD's I hadn't seen. Saw 3 of them that day.

The next day I watched the last DVD and then ripped about 40 tracks from vinyl to MP3.
You need to grasp the opportunity ripping vinyls when you're home alone, it's harder when your girlfriend/kid are home and want your attention.
I've been needing a fresh playlist in my ipod for a while, now I finally got some "new" tracks to enjoy.

But the cold still haven't given up. And that still sucks.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

black shape wrote:

used to drive one of those, not diesel though. on my first day at work in a new country i was driving down the motorway and the engine blew up, somehow a piston went through the engine wall or something. what are the chances?

overall was a good car though

I mostly liked the smooth gear changing and relatively light steering, although overtaking always was an 'adventure' on it's own...

and life sucks when you go through your back the day after your ipod get nicked, and have to spend the weekend flat on your bed (the combination of painkillers, muscle "relaxers/looseners" and the few odd joints did give me a proper buzz though smile)

when client are ruin your life.
changing 50% of the graphics 1 night before they wanted it to be print.

Mule Driver wrote:

when client are ruin your life.
changing 50% of the graphics 1 night before they wanted it to be print.

quoting.

L'omini delle macchinette

917 (edited by alex_d_steak 2009-10-01 17:46:00)

hate when you can't download just what you need and you have to take a whole 15GB package (in my case, IBM TSM 6.1.2).

I don't fucking run AIX, or HPUX, or have any PPC processors... just fucking give me the x64 versions for Linux and Winsuck...

Edit: Somehow IBM was listening to my complain... now I can select only the packages that I need, enormously reducing
the download size to... 2 GB tongue

918 (edited by dishwashers union 2009-10-01 18:21:24)

my goodness
it really aches when somebody you know makes a real serious project youve been planning for years in your head and you are pretty sure he has already heard about this idea you were working on.
i am sure some of the mutual friends remember me talking about this.
fucking depressing and disturbing.

edit edit edit

never talk about your ideas in too much detail and always have a back up plan. competition is good but it helps if you are first off the blocks. also, if you have been planning it for years then unless that person has been planning it for a similar length of time you probably have an advantage over them. don't procrastinate too much, now is always a good time.
roll boy, i'm beginning to sound like dr. lina

You are being mentored by a sound designer who knows an awful lot about sound and composition and is very helpful but in order to learn you have to put up with his multiple personality disorder and frustrating questions when working to a deadline.

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

san -
ha i read mentrolled smile
maybe you can learn this from someone else?

ronin - yeah.
i dont give a shit about him doing this - i could care less.
but this project is too spoecific and what really bothers me is that now i cant do it.
yeah these days i do not talk too much about these things..  but i its not because i am "greedy" with my ideas.. i just dont see the point. lots of people are doing a lot of the same things and i just dont feel like mingling with that.
i havent done that project yet -  period, and thats what hurts.
thnx for the wise words dr. ronin smile

zora wrote:
Zubeldia wrote:
zora wrote:

hm, think its still worth the repair. never had any problems and for its age and brand its still in quite good condition. and to be more precise: its just the clutch disc. which is badly worn though. hm, and since im loosing a bit more brake fluid than usuall i might have to do sth on my brakes (at my back wheel) as well when its time for next t

dishwashers union wrote:

san -
ha i read mentrolled smile
maybe you can learn this from someone else?

Haaaha "mentrolled" you hit the nail on the head there. It's pretty much the issue I'm having with the show I'm working on at the moment - it's really strange some men find it difficult communicating with a woman if they are approaching a technically based subject like sound design. He got angry at me yesterday because I forgot to do something he told me, on top of the fifty million other things I'm trying to remember at the moment but it was in a way that was to establish his ego and be like "I told you to do it, you didn't and now it doesn't work" instead of deciding how we we could fix the problem now that it has happened. He also threatened to unplug some of the cables in my sound system before a show to "test" me which I think is immature and unconsidered of the rest of the crew and the director.

Unfortunately, he has been assigned to help me on this project. I don't have this issue with two of the other technicians (one is a student but unfortunately his major is lighting design and he doesn't know as much about sound and one is a facilities manager of the drama school so not a teacher) so I know it is related to this one person. Sigh. I guess if you want to learn anything well, it is going to hurt.

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

kuczera wrote:

* calimero status on * what's wrong with people who order records at your little store ?
they don't pay and don't react on any email
i don't understand

* calimero status off *

Sometimes happens to me too..but generally from the (lack of) first two responses you get a good idea how serious the buyer is. As soon as I get the idea I won't get paid, generally after two weeks, I cancel the order. The buyer gets a negative feedback and you don't have to pay discogs.

Anyways life sucks when a girl is in love with you and it's mutual but the age difference is just too big. Had it happen twice this summer in opposite directions...why can't I find a nice girl closer to my age???

--/~~~~ wrote:

Anyways life sucks when a girl is in love with you and it's mutual but the age difference is just too big. Had it happen twice this summer in opposite directions...why can't I find a nice girl closer to my age???

Is age really that important? as long as no-ones breaking the law i don't see why it matters.
how many years difference are we talking?

Pages Previous 1 35 36 37 38 39 84 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → Life sucks when ...