Re: what's a Yamaha CS15 worth?

I think it's fair to say that Live started out as a fancy loop player (MIDI didn't show up until version 4).  It really has matured into something fantastic though.  Worth checking out again in the fuiture if you're after something new.

27 (edited by crc 2009-11-05 17:50:31)

plikestechno wrote:

Some machines I've noticed rising fast are 707s, TG33s and Casio CZ synths.

just bought a tg33 + yamaha memory card for 100e or something. didn't check any other prizes since i thought it was kinda cheap and interresting instrument. any examples about tg33 prizes rising?

oh and yes, it is really cool. expecially  for strings, pads and drones!
will try to make the whole track with it in multimode with it some day.

Just taken delivery of a CZ101.  Now to take it home and see if it works.

Ableton Live is the shit, i even payed for it

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Quite a recommendation from BMX wink Basically I think all digital hardware synths are going to go up in price. I bought a tg33 for about

I've seen TG33s going for $150-$200 US lately with mucho bidding. Could have bought one for $50 last year.

these high prices for old digital gear suggest a trip to japan is in order. They throw that stuff away there (really, you can find it in hard rubbish)

wonder if the kawai k1-k5 series is also going to up. It probably just needs a mention in some interview of Paul Kalkbrenner and the prices will go through the roof

teknob wrote:

these high prices for old digital gear suggest a trip to japan is in order. They throw that stuff away there (really, you can find it in hard rubbish)

When I lived in Japan I used to go through the bins in my apartment block and got good quality TV's and video recorders (it was the 90's) which were only slightly damaged and needed minor repairs.  It was cheaper to buy new than get things repaired.

Oh another thing definitely worth too much now are techstars and crappy simmons sds 8, 9, 200, 400 etc. and the Pearl drum synths. The Vermonas of yesterday. Actual the pearls can't be compared to the Vermonas. They are way better and crazier than them.

I bought all of my techstar (305 and synth/clap module) and pearl (2 drx1s and SC40) drum synths for less than $100 per module within the past couple of years. I paid $30 for the SC40 and $50 shipped for the synth/clap module which even had a wikkid LFO rate mod on the back.

Servicable? Fun? Yes. Worth over $200 per module, now? Hell, no!

Maybe it

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

SSM v3 wrote:

All old analogue synths are going up. They're not going to stop either. Soon SH101's will be 1000 dollars. 808's couple of thousand. Case of supply and demand.

People will remember fondly the days when you could pick up a CS 15 for "only" 600. Better grab 'em while you can! smile

Next will be early digital synths (better stock up on those JD 800's) and probably samplers. After that who knows, maybe early soundcards and digital drum machines. If in any doubt check the latest pronouncement from Sr. Villalobos:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/10/2 … #more-8137

The latest in the argument is that old digitals like DX7s and Kawais and CZs are better sounding than software because they have discrete D/As as opposed to being a single chip on some given sound card or DSP. Better snatch them up next!

well, try putting a dx7 or tx81z against an fm7 or 8. the difference is pretty big..

have never tried fm7.  but the (circa 2001) dx200 sounds quite sparkly compared with a dx21 which has filthy outputs.