Re: What new booty have you acquired?

Well you'll just have to get on filling that case then won't you?

This is a general pic.
I'm getting 15 modules.
Gonna have them serviced and looked uo and built a case once they are checked.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

3,003 (edited by ProjectGenocide 2010-08-12 05:23:18)

maestro phaser
http://www.modezero.com/maestro-phaser.htm

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/Sony-VAIO-CR-Notebook.jpg
http://www.keyboardmuseum.com/pic/r/rol/tr606.jpg** on loan...
http://www.bigcitymusic.com/i/cat/New/1000735_L.jpg

I got a Juno 60 for my Yamaha SHS-10 + Vermona digital delay + 150 eur and I finally got my Korg KR-55 from tech who was installing MIDI in it (which is not working properly).

My Miami just arrived today. It sounds absolutely awesome!
I'm happy as can be  big_smile

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5884/img0588jg.jpg

Welcome to the Future...

Mint Sony MDR-7509's for $40.  Wanted some cheap cans to pair with my H4n.  These will definitely do!

The Miami looks great!

@Unicity, I have a pair of 7509, they're great!

3,009 (edited by Freek 2010-08-12 16:06:21)

is there no first/second-part and A/B-section on this thing? And are there any things/functions the Miami does better or more than the original (like copying patterns etc)?

Check Mate wrote:

My Miami just arrived today. It sounds absolutely awesome!
I'm happy as can be  big_smile

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5884/img0588jg.jpg

TB or not TB

I don't remember the exact details but the Miami has a great sequencer, no A/B unfortunately but you can switch patterns and modes while it runs.

WE WANT A DeMO!

cool that you can switch between modes, I see there is also a shuffle function.. Still wondering if there is a copy/paste function because I really miss that on the original (the doctor is already checking if there is a possible mod)

TB or not TB

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/9245/sdc12063w.jpg

Minty. Feeding my polysynth addiction... big_smile

PS Crappy photo is from the seller not me obviously.

3,014 (edited by Check Mate 2010-08-12 18:34:51)

Hi Guys,

Since I've got some time I'll try to make a demo of the machine. But I'm afraid it'll be audio only for the moment. As soon as I'm more used to the machine I might ask my mate to come over with his cam. We'll see.
Actually this ist my first "real" hardware drummachine but I'm gettin good results already.

It's true that the Miami has no A/B Part but as it was said before you can switch patterns when running. It works perfecly well. The machine also has different Shuffle modes similar to the 909 and also others like a CR-8000. I'll have to look into that more. I can only say it grooves like hell  tongue

About copy and Paste, I don't know yet. I'll tell you as soon as I've found out something.
All in all the Miami sounds superb. The only thing I might do is adjust the noise level of the snare to give it even more snappiness but it isn't absolutely neccessary.

Do you have special requests for the demo??? Single sounds etc??

Cheers,

Welcome to the Future...

@ SSM

The Trident is amazing, you can make crazy brass patches with it (with the poly section), I sold mine, if I'd kept it I would have had the CHD midi kit installed just to be able to arpeggiate a Poly section bassline while I play the brass and string sections. You can make a whole record with that synth!

Check Mate wrote:

Do you have special requests for the demo??? Single sounds etc??

Cheers,

Build up a complex pattern, then swing it!

3,017 (edited by Check Mate 2010-08-12 19:51:58)

All right, will do!

@the curious guys:

I just found out that you can chain as many Patterns together as you want, even while the machine is playing. That means that you can do everything from a simple A/B repeat as in the 808 to running through the Patterns 1-3/4...16 and starting all over again, however you like. This is also possible in "Pattern play mode" and not only in "Song mode".

@FREEK:
You can also COPY AND PASTE Patterns in Play Mode!

I hope that answeres some questions!

Cheers,

Welcome to the Future...

Check Mate wrote:

I just found out that you can chain as many Patterns together as you want, even while the machine is playing. That means that you can do everything from a simple A/B repeat as in the 808 to running through the Patterns 1-3/4...16 and starting all over again, however you like. This is also possible in "Pattern play mode" and not only in "Song mode".

Chaining 16 single patterns has the same (maximum) lenght as 4 chained patterns A/B + first-part/second-part on the tr808. But I can imagine its more flexible now on the new version.

Check Mate wrote:

@FREEK:
You can also COPY AND PASTE Patterns in Play Mode!

I hope that answeres some questions!

Its good to hear they made an enhanced version and not just a copy.. thanks for checking!

TB or not TB

Just got an Electrix Filter Factory for 120$

While it looks like 90s DJ gear (it is), it sounds great, LFO syncs to MIDI and both filter can be CV controlled.

You can subdivide the LFO clock, works great with rhythmic synth lines for added variations, very Drexciyan sounding.

the electrix gear is nice gear not to expensive and good sound the mofx is nice to i think

3,021 (edited by TONY COPS 2010-08-13 06:15:47)

I just did some recordindgs with it, it's good that Ableton quantizes audio, the LFO sync is sloppy sometimes, but all in all I'm impressed.

@ Tony

Yeah that's what I reckon as well. The sound of those SSM chips... tongue Super warm and all the different sections. I've heard some amazing pads, mid range sounds and basses. Definitely going to get the CHD kit. Why did you sell it out of interest? Seems like its reps beginning to pick up.

Nice one on the Filter Factory. I've always toyed with the idea of getting one. Some people complain that the Electrix stuff is quite noisy, any truth in that? The Warp 9 and Resonator look interesting as well.

@ Check Mate

Sounds like you're happy with the Miami. I've heard its pretty spot on. Examples would be great. Do you think the sequencer has/can replicate the same feel as the original? I reckon the sequencer is a big part of the 808's attraction (though not quite as much as the 303).

Yes the SSM sound!, how many 2-osc Polys have it?
I sold it because I'm not a fan of the "ensemble" synth concept.
but also because I got 1700$ for it.
That and it doesn't say Roland on it.
Its fame is rising, the MIDI kit is a huge plus for this synth.
I does have some negative aspects though like lack of modulation, lmited 2nd vco, and it's big.

It'S got a nice full romantic sound I'm sure you'll love it.

btw I remember making huge bass patches on the poly section, that sequenced must be great.

The Electrix is not noisy, I had the Juno-60 through it with the onboard noisy chorus and it was fine.
Maybe my noise standards are of the last millenium though.

Those mam filters look like great tools, the Resonator is a Juergen Haible design. The Filter Factory is more docile than those two I'm guessing, which can be a plus, but I really like the fact that it's stereo in and out, I have 3 stereo synths.
Downside is it looks like a rave flyer and has no input volume control.

TONY COPS wrote:

The Electrix is not noisy, I had the Juno-60 through it with the onboard noisy chorus and it was fine.
Maybe my noise standards are of the last millenium though.

Those mam filters look like great tools, the Resonator is a Juergen Haible design. The Filter Factory is more docile than those two I'm guessing, which can be a plus, but I really like the fact that it's stereo in and out, I have 3 stereo synths.
Downside is it looks like a rave flyer and has no input volume control.

MAM resonator3 roxx

I always thought that those electrix effects were cool, very handson control. THe MoFX wich is mentioned earlier would make a great pair with that filter I think. That warp vocoder wasnt that good I think I read.