Re: What new booty have you acquired?

SSM v3 wrote:

@ Check Mate

Sounds like you're happy with the Miami. I've heard its pretty spot on. Examples would be great. Do you think the sequencer has/can replicate the same feel as the original? I reckon the sequencer is a big part of the 808's attraction (though not quite as much as the 303).

I'm definately happy. A friend of mine has an X-Base 888 which is also a good machine but it isn't by far as hands on and it does not sound as "warm" as the miami.

Whether the sequencer can replicate the same feel I unfortunately cannot tell. I never had an "original" 808 to play with. But to my ears and feel the Miami grooves really nice.
I'll do an audio demo over the weekend with some patterns. Maybe I'll also recreate some "Drexciya" beats to see if it sounds like the record  wink

Cheers,

Welcome to the Future...

Someone is selling the MOFX here locally, but I'm not sure if should pick it up.

I had the warp vocoder and I didn't like the sound at all, but I can see someone less vintage oriented  digging it, I much prefer my rebranded MAM VF-11 (forgot what they rebranded to, I stripped thre pink paint off it).

I bought a Korg Monotron, 67$ from Italmélodie (great store name right?)

Nice sfx gizmo, I'll get my tech to do the mods.

For those who haven't noticed. Miami Demo can be found here:

Miami Demo

PLZ write if you have questions or further wishes.

Cheers,

Welcome to the Future...

fixed my phasers and they are both so creamy! cant deside wich of my 3 phasers is creamyest tongue http://www.thegigrig.com/acatalog/Maestro_mp1_Image_large_482x372.jpg or
http://www.thesoundodyssey.com/images/products/Korg_2.jpg hmmm this mr multi is modified

dont have a pic of my 3 phaser maybe ill make one soner or later its a kinda mistery phaser think someone build it at home but the quality is great its a dual phaser so 2 phaser with different rates switchable between phaser 1, both or phaser 2.
I love analog oldschool phasers smile how bout you guys?

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

yamaha dx200 for 100é will arrive friday.
anyone has experience with this machine>?

ProjectGenocide wrote:

yamaha dx200 for 100é will arrive friday.
anyone has experience with this machine>?

I have made most of my techno loops with it for years. The drum part is utter crap, but the synth part combined with the internal sequencer is very easy to fool around with if you're doing all kinds of bleeps, noises, bubbling basslines and weirdo atonal techno melodies. Never used it as a poly synth so I don't how well it works in that scenario. It's supposed to have the same synth engine as the DX-7 (so I've read) and it should be possible to load DX-7 patches into the machine and vice versa. All in all a great synth in my opinion.

dx200 is great! its sysex compatible with DX7 so any dx7 editor will work with it..as will the patches.

Sequential Drumtracks, 130 euri, fleamarket Berlin, happy with it. Nice machine, although not all the sounds are workin' and it could use a good clean up session, I'm very happy with it :-)

Sogar die gr

If you haven't tried, open it up and push down on the eproms, some get loose sometimes and can't be read by the machine when they're triggered.

If it's the buttons, a quick and dirty trick is to spray some Deoxit between the button and the case, hit the button a lot, wait one minute for the spray to evaporate and power on and check if it works.

Endfest wrote:

Sequential Drumtracks, 130 euri, fleamarket Berlin, happy with it. Nice machine, although not all the sounds are workin' and it could use a good clean up session, I'm very happy with it :-)

damn, thats sweet!
I think I bought mine 3 years aog for about 400...

Yes endfest! great that are the reasons to eat dust at fleamarkets tongue i bought my mr multi at fleamarket for 2,50  lol

Woo, Moog MF-101

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

BMX wrote:

Woo, Moog MF-101

now burn your drums with that mofo! really cool box

I bought a Dopefer MS-404 but it has yet to arrive big_smile looking forward to it, I had that on my wishlist for nearly a decade or so

ZeHa wrote:

I bought a Dopefer MS-404 but it has yet to arrive big_smile looking forward to it, I had that on my wishlist for nearly a decade or so

ms-404 was the very first HW synth I ever bought.  (got it direct from Doepfer back then even I think)...great sound and featues for such small 1U HE 19" full analog synth IMO, the 2 LFO's inside are very usefull to modulate the sound in a variety of ways.

I used mine so much all labelprints on the synth were gone almost before I sold it hehe. Have fun with it!

the 404 was dospfers take on the 19"303 clones that were all the rage in the 90's, but they added a bunch of features.. not a bad machine at all!

- Silver Aluminium nabs for my Studer  A80 R

- SSM 2045 arrived ... SO will fix DPX 1

and KILLER score AKG ... C12A serial number 909  big_smile

....not a bad day   cool

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "

rude66 wrote:

the 404 was dospfers take on the 19"303 clones that were all the rage in the 90's, but they added a bunch of features.. not a bad machine at all!

true thats why i bought it also back then, it was very disappointed at first when it didnt sound like a tb303 at all and programming the glide was tedious to say the least.

after a while i did really appreciate the unit for what is was..
really clean and nice sound, and espescially good for efx sounds like lazers and spacebeams etc.

404 is great.
Bought a new house myself.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

does it have CV? big_smile

patchbay in every room

Septicstudio wrote:

does it have CV? big_smile

Nee stadsverwarming.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

lol

@ Septicstudio, rude66, mono-poly:
Well actually I intend to use it mainly as a bass-synth, but it's not necessary for me to have perfect 303 emulation or something like that wink but feature-wise it can indeed be seen as a 303 with a bit of additional stuff (LFO especially), yet I'm also quite curious about what I'll end up using it for, other than basslines wink