Re: What new booty have you acquired?

no-fi wrote:

mono evolver keyboard pot edition upgrade kit!

it went in nice and easy, and I like the synth even more with pots on most of the parameters.

now, to replace those damn blue leds with something not so retina destroying and this thing will be perfect....

Ow do they have the PE kit for the MEK now also?? Good news, I might get a MEK someday then... I sold my PEK a while ago coz it was too big and I didnt need all the voices + sequencer

The Evolver engine is pretty awesome IMO

-I've bought Numerology 3 Pro yesterday and am betatester for the AU plugin of it

Impulse buy, an Akai Mpc 60mkII. Really enjoying the sound. Unfortunately no SCSI board and it looks like the Floppy is dead too. But hey ho nothing we cant fix..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Was that the one from SOS computerdisco?

Yep. I rang up and he said it was all working. Got there and the dd was buggered. Has been his loft for nigh on 10 years so I offered £250. Nice compromise.

3,230 (edited by SSM v3 2010-10-10 21:55:53)

Nice score! I was thinking about going for that as well. Glad I didn't as otherwise it might have upped the price for you. I'm sure the dd is easily fixable. I did use to have a mpc 60 mk1 actually. Sold it before I got really into it and when I though the Linndrum II was still a reality. hmm

Found out the problem with the DD. Looks like his son used it as a piggybank big_smile . Found a penny piece in the DD. Still not working, so I have ordered an old Amiga DD. That should be a straight swap. then when I have some extra pocket money I will get the Scsi upgrade from Roger Linn and get a card reader installed.

Septicstudio wrote:

Ow do they have the PE kit for the MEK now also?? Good news, I might get a MEK someday then... I sold my PEK a while ago coz it was too big and I didnt need all the voices + sequencer

yeah, upgrade kit is US$170 then a bunch of new knobs is another US$70, and 3 day shipping to me was about another $80.. not too bad. you don't need to buy the new knobs, but the old ones are pretty hokey and if you're replacing both the panel PCBs and all the stuff on them, you way as well get the nice knobs too...

Also brand new PE versions of the MEK are available from dave smith instruments now. they should start filtyering out everywhere else soon enough.

The Evolver engine is pretty awesome IMO

you wouldn't want an evolver as your only synth, but it does some cool stuff that nothing else comes near.

Lexicon PCM 81.  The "Thunder" patch on drums is instant Basic Channel.  I had a 4/4 beat going and was just sitting there tripping out for about 30 minutes.

Is it just me or does anyone else occassionally hypnotise themselves with beats/riffs?  I tend do it with the modular quite a bit.  I get a noodle going and it's almost like being on the edge of sleep.

Or maybe I'm just sending myself to sleep with boring patches.

Koova wrote:

Is it just me or does anyone else occassionally hypnotise themselves with beats/riffs?  I tend do it with the modular quite a bit.  I get a noodle going and it's almost like being on the edge of sleep.

i got a tape with a 10min buchla loop looped for 50min total or so, which i use for sleeping/meditative stuff/tripping. like sitting in the enterprise with closed eyes wink

Koova wrote:

Lexicon PCM 81.  The "Thunder" patch on drums is instant Basic Channel.  I had a 4/4 beat going and was just sitting there tripping out for about 30 minutes.

Maybe stop doing drugs in the studio??

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Happens to me too Koova.  Sometimes I catch myself zoning out to a loop or texture (and sometimes I don't and then I wonder where the last 15 minutes went).

Classy score BTW.

Lol i patch in my living room now quite often.
Got an Paris setup there and once i got a nice noodle running i listen to it while laying on the couch or sit behind the pc.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Dg0KwRFWu8M/TIZuEvWNW-I/AAAAAAAAAg8/3Tfy5MyCm-4/s1600/SERGELBB.jpg

Specially when i have a good smoke and beer.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

I've been looking at getting a good Lexicon for a while.  I wasn't going to get one as I've already got an Alex which is pretty crap but I'm glad I did.

Nice Koova!

Yes I get entranced by arpeggios and drum patterns very often.  I also love creating complex arpeggios run through reverb and echo,then have that play in the apartment for hours.

3,240 (edited by Klart 2010-10-18 10:42:23)

I just bought my very first synth!

Got myself an Oberheim OB-12.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/OB12_synth.jpg

Been playing around with the presets (well the ones the previous owner made/left). Beasty.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Mmmm always found it beautiful smile

I get hypnotized by the strings of OB-12

Paid for a DSE/Studer 269.
Pretty excited.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

3,244 (edited by TONY COPS 2013-06-03 14:31:41)

edited

Duuuuude.

unicity wrote:

Duuuuude.

I know right?

http://www.mixology.eu/files/images/ardberg.jpg

@klart
just out of curiosity, where did you pick your OB-12 from? and what about the price?
I am asking because I'd like to get one too but I am not really convinced by the local (.ch) prices...

@nakoradiomies
Sometimes we all need some "liquid" support, good choice big_smile

alex_d_steak wrote:

@klart
just out of curiosity, where did you pick your OB-12 from? and what about the price?
I am asking because I'd like to get one too but I am not really convinced by the local (.ch) prices...

I got mine from a Belgian second hand site, I picked it up, so I had no shipping costs. I payed 460 Euro. The display has some issues (the light flickers a bit sometimes, though I can read everything, so I don't care), apparently a lot of OB-12s have this problem. Otherwise it's in excellent state.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

I'm about to work this motherfucker for only 65 euro.

http://gear.cyclotimia.com/rz1_s.jpg

weeee!