Re: What new booty have you acquired?

ooh digging that Mr. Multi! how's the phase on it?

worship the potentiometer.

3,452 (edited by crc 2010-12-29 01:01:33)

Oberheim Matrix 1000.

lovely sound. everything works nicely (even the jsynthlib editor) but the unit itself makes a audible electric humming and vibrating while it's on. is that normal behaviour for a matrix 1000?

lucky new owner of a sequential six-trak thanks to mr komputadizko smile
I'm a bit bugged to find out that they can't sync to external non-sequential clocks, but I might just get the rom upgrade. The sequencer simply rocks!

[img]www.modemachines.com/pix/p3.jpg[/img]
yaaas serious shit

[img]www.sweetwater.com/images/items/1800/monotron-xlarge.jpg[/img]

courtesy of the best girlfriend in the world big_smile

score100 wrote:

lucky new owner of a sequential six-trak thanks to mr komputadizko smile
I'm a bit bugged to find out that they can't sync to external non-sequential clocks, but I might just get the rom upgrade. The sequencer simply rocks!

I never really used the seq before untill 2 weeks ago for a little test on the Maestro W2, dont think I will use it again in a proper recording although it sounded pretty phat .. The sixtrack is one of my favorite synths, pretty basic and slow interface but lots of character..

TB or not TB

I still think it sounds a lot like the Akai Ax60.

Brian Chinetti wrote:

I still think it sounds a lot like the Akai Ax60.

bietje lope naschoppen?! wink

TB or not TB

Dat is waar. Het is niet netjes, trappen op iets wat al bloedend op de grond ligt.

It uses the same CEM3394 chips as the Ax-60 for the oscillator and filter so it must indeed share some of its character.  The same chips are also used in the Doepfer Dark Energy btw.

3,460 (edited by roginator 2010-12-31 12:06:11)

sold my Moog rme, second prophet 5 rev 2, Drumulator and second scamp rack...

Bought a lot!!! waiting boxes to arrive!!

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "

Brian Chinetti wrote:

Dat is waar. Het is niet netjes, trappen op iets wat al bloedend op de grond ligt.

jonge, jij durft 'm nog met geen vinger aan te raken, pas maar op dat je geen klappen van de sp1200 krijgt wink

TB or not TB

Well the Juno 60 gods finally answered my call. And boy they really answered it.

I'm not going to say how hilariously low a friend insisted on selling me his cosmetically and functionally perfect Juno 60 and MD-8 with repadded original Roland road case for but he insisted that he sell it for what he paid for it. And that if I were to resell it I'd have to sell it at the same price. Good thing that won't happen though until I'm dead.

It sounds like heaven. It really does. Just like I remembered as a kid.

3,463 (edited by no-fi 2011-01-05 06:21:03)

my SEM showed up at work between xmas and ny when I was away from home on holidays. I'm still on holidays today, but back home, so went in to pick it up.

It sounds really nice, but has a few issues (basically needs a bit of a calibration, and one of the pots cleaned)

Also, it looks like mine has had some of the I/O at the top modified.. mine has CV in, Gate in, moog gate, lfo out, vca ctrl, low out, audio in, audio out.

EDIT: actually, from the schematics I found online, that's what's meant to be on top - funny because some of the labels have been replaced with printed/stuck labels on the middle sockets, so it totally looked like a mod job.. unless someone modded it, then it got modded back. it's got 4 blanked off holes in the back, too.

3,464 (edited by plikestechno 2011-01-04 20:26:00)

Bought this too but it was not cheap. It was many dollars but I've always wanted to give one a go. Solves a lot of wants in my studio in one go.

http://www.signalarts.ca/pics/tetra_table.jpg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:l4SNhccMh5ZbmM:http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/nvsproaudio/bossRDD-10front.jpg&t=1

For free....  smile

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Erroraudio wrote:

For free....  smile

they're all such good little boxes. is that the one with the "sampler"

@ P :

Nice catch for the Juno, I love mine, it's such a useful synth, I see why you'd hold on to it for life.

I'm intrigued by the Tetra Maps too, I'd love to get a digital step sequencer like that, the cyclon or the even the Doepfer MAQ.

Holy fuck $1400 for a digital sequencer.. must have some super good applications..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

craigslist great condition casio fz-1 - $25

Well the tetra maps is really amazing indeed.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

It's still a lot of money but I didn't pay 1400. I paid "only" 900 shipped for a used one from a fellow Canadian. I try sequencing in the computer but I like using the computer as little as possible and interfacing it with my vintage synths and modulars are too annoying. The Tetra Maps is a computer too technically but everything is right there.

They've added a lot in the last few updates.

cloud9 wrote:

craigslist great condition casio fz-1 - $25

Awesome find!

the Tetra Maps sounds like an awesome device and if it solves a bunch of studio needs then it's prob worth the price!

we got a bunch of ebay devices from my brother-in-law. Roland CR-1000, Boss DR550, and a bunch of stomp boxes: death metal, ultra metal, Overlord distortion, hyper fuzz and a cool tremolo. all good things to run the above drum machines through heh heh. 

also, nice find on that fz-1!

worship the potentiometer.

@P : that's a good deal considering these things don't devaluate much.  Hope you get used to it as it looks like a very powerful tool with a learning curve, it's probably worth it though.

3,475 (edited by plikestechno 2011-01-05 23:29:57)

I'd been thinking of buying a MPU-101 and a complex sequencer for awhile. Sold my kenton solo in the Serge purge. And this handles a lot of the 101s capabilities and so much more. For the price I don't think I could do much better. Had been thinking of getting a 202 as well but I don't need its synth I've sold two of them so why by another. The Tetra Maps just seems very exciting. The idea of creating sequences just to modulate other sequences is very exciting. Just as a sound and CV tool. But somehow they lose their lustre for a lot of people after the initial honeymoon. Hopefully that's not the case with me. I have a lot of vintage, modular and MIDI racks that could really shine with this. I'm really going to attack it. I like it's footprint too. Will sit nicely on my main computer desk beside my Machinedrum UW.

I like buying inside Canada too. Always excited when something shows up here. So little hassle. Have been buying locally and in Canada a lot. Local listings have been on fire lately.

It's attractive to me more than ever before. Forums like Muff's and VSE are great but I'm tired of being teased by things on Ebay sold US only (you can't even contact US buyers and ask if they'll ship internationally anymore) and I took stock recently after doing a google search and found that 90% of may Ebay purchases have never been that great of a deal anyway. And anything that ends up getting flipped I lose money on because of taxes and fees etc.