Re: What new booty have you acquired?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3157/2323416350_eaf344311a.jpg?v=0
best. strings. ever.

mekonin ... that looks sweet  ... what's its name?

??????????? ??-25 (Elektronika EM-25)
it's a russion string/organ synth
inimitable sound
strange outputs, though... and all the labels are in russian

354 (edited by plikestechno 2008-10-29 16:51:42)

Just put it in H. LOL

Even though I'm Ukrainian I've been scared of buying those Russian synths. Who knows how well they're built and for the most part they ship from Russia whose mail system is sketchy at best.

If things go well tomorrow I should have a museum quality one of these (Yamaha SY-1).  I would have bought it a few weeks ago but the seller wanted to sell it with an Electone organ that they wanted out of the house. I was a little sad I didn't get it because it was so perfect. The Electone wasn't one I wanted so I offered for just the synth and they said no at the time but emailed me this week saying they would sell it to me. I should get it Friday. I say should because these people have seemed a little flaky thus far.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/353963724_dc085bf12d.jpg?v=0

I hope I get it. Seems like it would be nice for old space disco leads and effects. Maybe basslines.

355 (edited by mekonin 2008-10-29 17:03:40)

plikestechno wrote:

Just put it in H. LOL

Even though I'm Ukrainian I've been scared of buying those Russian synths. Who knows how well they're built and for the most part they ship from Russia whose mail system is sketchy at best.

well if you are in Ukraina, the chances are pretty big for you to stumble upon a few ruskeys in your neighbourhood.
i found one here, and i am in Serbia.
they are worth for their esotheric sound, nothing like japanese or american stuff
and this one is, as far as i can tell, very well built

maybe i'll ask you to translate the labels for me lol

edit: just saw that you are in Canada, sorry

Oh I'm Ukrainian but I was born and raised in Canada. So technically I'm "of Ukrainian heritage."

wow that SY-1 looks really cool!

358 (edited by plikestechno 2008-10-29 18:37:08)

Yeah I'm pretty excited. The videos of the SY-1 and 2 look like it'll be giving me something I don't have. Just confirmed that I will be getting it on Friday. Looks like a Yamaha week around here.

@Rude66

writing you an email, I wanted to get that PSU circuit from MFOS as well, since you have it I would like to know
your impressions...

Just copped a 606 pretty cheap...finally replacing the one that was stolen yeears ago.

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

Yo RETALI8

mr pauli wrote:

Yo RETALI8

@Netrom
if you are interested in selling it, contact me.

Not joking, I have been longing a 606 for years...

My guess is for installing sync you'd have to be slightly more skilled.
But yeah get a midi to sync box man !
You don't want your 606 midified.
The internal sequencer is half the fun !!

but will it fuck up the internal sequencer?  That would be out of the question then.
I want to use the sequencer and then just be able to sync it with my MPC.
Also the thought about drilling holes in it seems horrorfying to me.
But it could be nice with an internal sync device so I shouldn't  fuck around with more cables and powerunits.

@alex_d_steak

nah, maybe not yet.
But we can trade for an 808 and a snickers?

I agree with Mr. Paili, just get an external Sync box. If you are going to mod the 606, the sound tweaking mods are a much more worthwhile use of the tiny amount of space inside the unit. I just starting modding one for a friend that will have 11 mods in a separate box that connects via a DB25 cable. I'll post some pics and sound samples when I am done. The mods really make the 606 radical!!!

Netrom wrote:
mr pauli wrote:

Yo RETALI8

TB or not TB

basscakes wrote:

I agree with Mr. Paili, just get an external Sync box. If you are going to mod the 606, the sound tweaking mods are a much more worthwhile use of the tiny amount of space inside the unit. I just starting modding one for a friend that will have 11 mods in a separate box that connects via a DB25 cable. I'll post some pics and sound samples when I am done. The mods really make the 606 radical!!!

the same guy who did my 303 also enhanced my 'KIT drumsynth' by adding a break-out box with trigger-ins and filter controls. He used a flat-cable without drilling any holes. (the cable enters between the top and bottom-casing).

http://www.pulsecode.org/~fre2k/MUZAK/pics/KIT_top.jpg

http://www.pulsecode.org/~fre2k/MUZAK/pics/KIT_back.jpg

TB or not TB

wow man

I got yesterday a soundtracs topaz macro 24 channel mixer and a akai S1100 for free. :-)

371 (edited by plikestechno 2008-10-31 18:38:35)

SY-1 in the house.

http://www.sequencer.de/pix/yamaha/yamaha_sy1_sy2.jpg

Perfect shape, sounds real nice just in headphones. Will post my pics later. Will be good for spacey leads and bass lines mos def. Filter is very nuts.

Got it in museum shape with pedal, manual and dust cover for $200 cdn. I love buying local when I can. No hilarious shipping.

Great catch pilkestechno, I had a chance to play with one of those ages ago, and I have nice memories...

could you post also a demo, pilkestechno? smile

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

a SCSI upgrade kit for my emax SE!!!
I got the board mods done, and the new chips installed, and it seems to run ok.

next up, is to get a SCSI drive to try it with.

plikestechno wrote:

SY-1 in the house.

http://www.sequencer.de/pix/yamaha/yamaha_sy1_sy2.jpg

Perfect shape, sounds real nice just in headphones. Will post my pics later. Will be good for spacey leads and bass lines mos def. Filter is very nuts.

Got it in museum shape with pedal, manual and dust cover for $200 cdn. I love buying local when I can. No hilarious shipping.

They are easy to modify with cv/gate (volt/hz)

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

Pages Previous 1 13 14 15 16 17 189 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → General Hardware / Software Discussion → What new booty have you acquired?

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB