Re: What new booty have you acquired?

holy shit, that's genious! how did you manage to stretch the time? (only plays 8 bars...) did you play it very slow?

i am a very stupid man and could have found that months ago sad

628 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2009-01-27 22:20:10)

yeah just play it very slow and the L01 patch is played live ofcourse. This is from wikipedia wink :

It is possible to overcome the 2 bar limit as the KO1 records audio to memory. To do this the user sets the tempo to the desired value 150 for example and records his part. The temp is then set to exactly half the tempo of before, in this case 75. When played back one hears the first 2 bars but then 2 more will be available afterwards.

Another way to fully overcome the 2 bar limit is by powering up the Kaossilator while holding down the Tap and Loop Rec buttons. Doing this will give you 4 bars, but this disables the Undo function[5]

so can you only add layers, or is there a way to remove earlier loops?  and, are the sounds decent?

You can't remove earlier loops only remove everything (when it layers it samples everything to one file apparently)
I think the sounds are decent, its more the way the sounds have character on how you play them, but then again I would like casio MT-100 sounds too.

I just totally got the Inspector Frost intro theme music saxophone synth style solo...playing that until the batteries went down hehe

edit: it would be awesome if they made it with aftertouch

MFB-503
http://www.mfberlin.de/Produkte/Musikelektronik/MFB-503/MFB503_top1.JPG
i love it!

630 (edited by baz 2009-01-27 22:40:47)

Squadra Smackos wrote:

It is possible to overcome the 2 bar limit as the KO1 records audio to memory. To do this the user sets the tempo to the desired value 150 for example and records his part. The temp is then set to exactly half the tempo of before, in this case 75. When played back one hears the first 2 bars but then 2 more will be available afterwards.

Another way to fully overcome the 2 bar limit is by powering up the Kaossilator while holding down the Tap and Loop Rec buttons. Doing this will give you 4 bars, but this disables the Undo function[5]

That first method is a good one to, just found about the second one on the internet. Strage because searched for it earlyer and couldn't find it. Probably not the right google words wink

Go to play it now again until the girlfriend gets crazy wink

btw: love the piano as well, playing the Eyes wide shut music all day long (not that complicated but it sounds so nice)

@smackos:
Well I paid it around 180 euros (new), maybe because it was on offer.. but usually the home version of the products
of Kaercher are very good and not overpriced - of course, they make as well the industrial version, and those are really
expensive!

@Cosmo:
well, you don't want to hear it when it is sucking water (like last night), it made more noise than my house alarm system..
So definitely over 120db tongue In fact I had to use some closed headphones while running it tongue

632 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2009-01-28 13:43:07)

180 euros thats a bargain wink

Is there a metronome click/sound in the Kaossilator btw? Its kind of hard to play the thing on a visual cue.

never found it... usually program a bass / rithm first and play with that (for a good solid rithm I use the gate function on somewhere between 4 and 6, can't remember now but one of those is a 4x4 gate).

http://i18.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/29/98/be75_1.JPG

it transformed the sound of my r100.. now i recognize the sound of ministry and nine inch nails in it.. and it has orchestral hits now! big_smile

you got another one of those kicking around rude? i just picked up a r-100 on ebay. smile

worship the potentiometer.

nope, i actually bought this one on ebay myself. now the search is on for the expansion board so i can mount both chips with a switch, rather than have one inside or the other.

tip: there are quite a few r100s that already have this. ive seen them on ebay, and they don't go for much more than a standard one. or buy an extra r50e, it also has that sound set.

it really is an incredible machine.. very over-engineered with midi, din sync in/out, trigger outs, etc etc and 8 individual outs. funny that it sells for peanuts..

Great you found that chip so fast!

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

thx for the info rude66! the guy i bought it from seems to be into the wax trax sound so maybe it has the board already on it... (fingers crossed) if not i'll keep an eye out on ebay.

i was really psyched about the low price and tons of features it has on it. so with the triggers, can you have a live drummer trigger the machine samples?

worship the potentiometer.

639 (edited by ramos 2009-01-30 06:29:30)

http://i11.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/2c/49/7013_1.JPG

I needed midi, a sequencer and the ability to save patches, this will do nicely..

smile

that will ramos! I suggest you get the midi expansion kit for it, it will make the JX so much better if you are using it in a midi environment, it'll allow you to edit through the pg-200 whilst using midi in. Have fun! big_smile

wow nice score ramos.. i'm hoping to get a pg-200 someday but then of course i'll also want to wind up getting the expansion chip too

cheers guys, which company makes this chip??

i'm happy i bought it, but i still have to tell the girlfriend...

congrats ramos! really underrated synth i think, especially with the programmer. the sequencer is so nice, i rarely feel the need to use midi on mine.

http://organix.inque.org/index.php?page=jx-3p-upgrade

yeah the sequencer on the jx3p is really great.  how many synths have a built-in polyphonic sequencer that can be triggered?? there's no need for midi on it...

ramos wrote:

i'm happy i bought it, but i still have to tell the girlfriend...

lol

Great buy man !
Awesome synth. Looks like the A-team van.
That midi upgrade is worth every cent.

Thanks for the link Forax!

mr pauli:  I told her today, it went down OK.  I used the old "its an investment" angle..  wink

Is the sequencer on this thing poly?  ie. can I play and sequence chords for example?

yeah man everything at the same time, didn't you turn it on yet?

Squadra Smackos wrote:

yeah man everything at the same time, didn't you turn it on yet?

it's arriving early next week!  yeh boooooy

650 (edited by roginator 2009-01-31 12:24:29)

many new stuff in january...dont ask I was so lucky  wink

2x ADR Compex
2x ADR f950 RS paragraphic EQ ( one is for sale)
2x Ursa major space station ( one is for sale ----2 will keep me happy smile )
8x WSW Dynamik begrenzers ( soon 5 will be for sale)
neve 1073 original modules
studer a80 1/4" 2 ch
3x WSW danner cassete EQ
2x Akg C12a
2x Neumann U67
1x Neumann U87
1x 6 ch germanium WSW siemens mixing desk from 1960 with EQ and 3 summings ( for sale )
2x Klark Teknik DN 34 ( will sell one)
1x Neumann Km88i ( will sale)
1x Scamp 2x S01 compressors, 3x s04 EQ and duall deesser ( will Sell)
1x MCI 528 desk ....sold to new owner same day smile)))))) and covered cash I spended on all smile

so all that in 1 day ...I was damn lucky!!!!!!

also I will sell now EMT 261 x2 if somebody is interested in that let me know...not tested bouth for 400 Euro ...

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "