Re: What new booty have you acquired?

Plan-B Wavesplicer
Formanta Lider-2

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

i picked this thing up for 60$, they go for something like that on ebay all the time. first because it has the model of an amp that sounds well with the fretless bass, but when i read all the other stuff it can do its pretty cool. it has stepping sequenced filters and stuff like that that make your guitar sound like anything but a guitar.. some stuff it does i  never heard on other devices..

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/7/1/4/240714.jpg

so cheap (yeah I know its behringer but really this thing is good, I don't know what they ripped off for this , it was only produced for a short while and a very wanted product...so probably the original company sued them out of release or something)

Yeah the V-verb is the deal of the Year. It is a hidden gem. The presets are not bad at all but with a little tweak they are very smooth sounding.

The chorus is kinda too polished but not bad at all. The dynamic delay is interesting.
The reverbs are what you want and why you would get this.

There is a first run of rare ones that had the LCD screen with an orange and Black color.

I happen to have an Ultra-Curve pro with that screen.

The Ultra-Curve Pro is not bad either but still too much money. When this goes $100 bucks also get one.

Another crazy deal I recommend is getting the VD400 behringer pedal. Here in the states it's $30.00
I am too lazy to open it and confirm if it is really analog BBrigade delay but you will not complain.
You can do DUB feedback and UFO with it.

Planet of Cevo

got a well used MS-10, for free.... works perfectly. joy smile

sweet! one of the most fun synths to play with. and the keyboard feel is great too

Tom Dee wrote:

some weird stuff today:
An alesis 1622 mixer. Good as a temporary expansion for my other filled 16 channel mixer.

<shudder> I would try and offload that on some unsuspecting victim if I were you. A very care-intensive piece of gear. It has no actual pots or sliders, the carbon tracks are layered on the circuit board just behind the front panel, and the pot or slider has a metal backing which moves along this. Very prone to get dirty, stuck or scratchy.

teknob wrote:
Tom Dee wrote:

some weird stuff today:
An alesis 1622 mixer. Good as a temporary expansion for my other filled 16 channel mixer.

<shudder> I would try and offload that on some unsuspecting victim if I were you. A very care-intensive piece of gear. It has no actual pots or sliders, the carbon tracks are layered on the circuit board just behind the front panel, and the pot or slider has a metal backing which moves along this. Very prone to get dirty, stuck or scratchy.

haha, yes i know. I opened it yesterday and i was quite shocked by this 'design'. What were they thinking? If this would've worked someone else would've thought of that yeards before. The psu is also missing so i need to solder a 9v adapter directly to the board i think. It cost me 10 euros so worth a try i guess.

@cimabot: a free ms10, damn! Free stuff  rules lol.

Free is the way forward!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

iPhone ... Listening to the stream on it right now smile

A Furman patchbay and some 3/4" plywood to make a rack.  Nowhere near as exciting as a free MS-10 or an iPhone. 

That Behringer reverb looks like it would be pleasant to use.  I've heard that they sound great but can be unreliable.  I hope it doesn't give you any issues.

rude66 wrote:

i picked this thing up for 60$, they go for something like that on ebay all the time. first because it has the model of an amp that sounds well with the fretless bass, but when i read all the other stuff it can do its pretty cool. it has stepping sequenced filters and stuff like that that make your guitar sound like anything but a guitar.. some stuff it does i  never heard on other devices..

wow, only $60! i'll keep my eye out then if it's that cheap, sounds pretty awesome. most step sequence filter pedals start at $250 on up.

@cimabot, go play some numbers too, could be on a streak here..

worship the potentiometer.

Verbos Buchla 258 clone.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

cimabot wrote:

got a well used MS-10, for free.... works perfectly. joy smile

I don't think anyone here is NOT jealous right now

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

just been testing the yamaha tq5 which arrived yesterday - what brilliant sounds from such a tiny box! much better bet than a dx100 i reckon since its multitimbral

766 (edited by acidcat 2009-02-28 22:24:09)

edit

http://i44.tinypic.com/2nqyupy.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2isxgl4.jpg

cool

you bought this whole roland collection in one buy or what?

the jx-3p and jx-8p, both w/ modules,  are my newest addition!

Roland 4 life

acidcat wrote:

the jx-3p and jx-8p, both w/ modules,  are my newest addition!

That table looks familiar..

whats the black thing between 909 and laptop? sound card?

Netrom wrote:

Roland 4 life

Only roland = Boooring tongue

its a motu ultralite

not pictured: rm1x and microkorg

Rproductions wrote:
Netrom wrote:

Roland 4 life

Only roland = Boooring tongue

heh heh.. i had more rolands than these, but i sold most of them for that very reason.. i still have 5 or 6, but most are drum machines..