Re: What new booty have you acquired?

hehe a mirage. Have one of those at home too. Best to slice your samples before loading them in. editing with sysex is no joke. Put in a 808 kit or something, it sounds great!

Just found an alfa juno with the pedal and manual and the little stand for sheet music, all for 35 euro. joy...

TR-606

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

the review will be posted in the dutch magazine Interface, but i'll send a copy to xox-source, who can use it for promotion (provided its positive, of course..;-))

@no-fi: cool buy, the rack mirage was my first sampler (well, the sk-1 was, but thats a toy) and it's all over my bunker 012 and 013 records. i don't remember of the drive reads hd disks, it may only like dd. and learn to count in hex, thats how you do the samples..00-FF, i can still do it after all those years..;-)

rude: i'm really curious about the outcome of that 303 head to head race... maybe you can also post your insights here on r4r?

Freek wrote:

btw, Im really curious about that x0xbox, maybe we should run a test sometime and compare...

yeah let's hook up together and we do a monster 2x303 2xox session tongue

1,456 (edited by no-fi 2009-08-20 03:12:46)

@rude: yeah I can already count in hex. I'm an embedded electronics engineer who works with 8 bit micros all the time. hell - sometimes I even dream in it...
:-P

I'm very keen to see how the mirage works out for me. I heard lots of cool stuff out of them, but didn't want to waste the space on another keyboard. 2u rack is perfect! only issue is it won't read the disks that came with it, so I need to work out of disks are bad or drive is bad, and sort that out before I can use it for anything.

Did you ever use soundprocess on the mirage? Seems it's an alternative OS that's a synth program for the mirage, and I seem to have instructions for it. no disk I can find, though.

@tom dee: very much looking forward to it.

rude66 wrote:

ps nice mixer, willem!

It was a little bit heavier than expected (36 kg), cause of the amplifier, but that makes it even more solid wink What is really nice, that it has his own onboard reverb/echo unit, which sounds really good.

Sogar die gr

Future Retro Mobius!!!

oh, and Sl-1200 mkII for 150$...

I think I'm in love with the Mobius, I use it as a master,sending Hz/v and gate  to the Ms-20, Sync24 to the slaved 808 and Midi clock to slaved Ableton.

1,459 (edited by plikestechno 2009-08-20 19:25:10)

There ya go, slaved Ableton! I almost bought a Mobius a few months ago but I didn't like that it was only one track.

I got a Bit rack finally! Well not a Bit but a Unique DBE, the American version. Perfect shape. Came in the mail before I went to work.

Found it on Milwaukee Craigslist. Best part is it came with the orignal manual, schematic, sound list (didn't know there were two sets of sounds thought there was only one) and original sound cassette. Full package for $350 US shipped. Made it through customs too so I didn't have to pay customs.

sweet, I love the Bit gear, great graphic design.

My Mobius took three days to ship from Chicago to Mtl, he declared 100$ so it cost me 12$ custom fees.

Slaving Ableton is great, not only functionally but metaphorically, it's payback time for all the syncing headaches I've had in the past. 

The fact that it's one track doesn't bother me so much, I only have two synths left!

1,461 (edited by plikestechno 2009-08-20 19:48:12)

Declaring for customs is always such tricky business. If I'm selling gear or if it's a large record order I always insist on declaring full value. If it's one or two records then I will declare $5 or $10 or something but only if asked.

The guy who sold me the DBE insisted that he put a low value on it so I wouldn't have to pay customs. I guess some Canadian bitched at him before about having to pay customs, whereas I don't mind, it's not the sellers problem. Eventually we settled on $75 declared (he wanted to do $30) and I didn't have to pay anything this morning. Thankfully the DBE is so obscure and there isn't a price for it that it could concievably have a $75 value.

Yes the proper way to do it is to declare the full value, because if something goes wrong, the buyer can claim a full refund through Paypal and the seller is stuck with a refund for the declared value.  I had never really thought of that before, but hopefully for him everything went super smooth.

1,463 (edited by plikestechno 2009-08-21 00:30:03)

Online they say that some of the early DBEs have SSM filter chips but I think they're assuming that because some of the early Bit 01s do. My DBE is S/N 0017 and its got CEM 3328s. Can't imagine models much earlier than that.

yes, the customs.... don't see why the heck i'd have to pay taxes on second hand goods... it's all just a big rip off.

I think only the Bit One's were produced with ssm's.
I had one with ssm filters.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

electro harmonix small stone, black finger (wow, great compressor) - voicebox will follow.
behringer vd400, wich again was new AND broken again.

Krohn-Hite 315A 20CPS-200KC Variable Band-Pass Filter

It's a lowpass and highpass filter made off tubes.
Manual control no cv.

Canon 5D,

This thing, contrary to synths, will actually earn me money!

ciaociao,
fellow robotics.
after nights of no sleep [even thanks to those fucked up hell a like tempretures down here (37

Gratz!!!!

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

good choice man!

philips PM3217 50Mhz oscilloscope. - really needed a solid working cro, as my old one I bought off ebay a while ago come from someone who didn't know anything about it, and was never a very happy or reliable instrument... I bought this one off an old ex service tech guy. now getting used to how philips cros work.. they're different to the teks I am used to.

marcarto pasta machine. - went to a friends place the other day and had awesome home made pasta. they use theirs every week. I hope we will use this one a lot, too.

great choice on the dotcom sequencing stuff!

I'm considering as well selling all my Doepfer modules to move to a .com ...
But I would save couple of modules, like the Cwejman VCO2RM and the A155... you never have enough sequencers tongue

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn225/LCTRX08/IMG_2755.jpg