Re: What new booty have you acquired?

damn! missed my chance to get rid of that crappy old bit of plastic....
:-(

Il take a dustcover if anyone is offering!

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Another lcoal find, came out to less than 400$ CAD with the cab ride :

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn225/LCTRX08/IMG_2948.jpg

Sounds great and looks great!

credit_00 wrote:

finally !!!!
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk19 … G_0747.jpg

i like the japanese translations on the dust cover

awesome credit ! congrats

Nice one Tony!  Looks great indeed.  Great price too.

Yeah I've wanted a Juno 60 to show up locally for a long time. Maybe I'll put out a WTB ad locally.

me too want a Juno 60. I wonder if someone would like to trade his for my Juno 106

I had put up a post on my Local Craigslist for months without success, then one appeared on Kijiji, and I saw it within the first minute it was posted. I was a the guy's place half an hour later!

I recently got a Polysix as well, I probably won't keep both so I'll have to do a comparison test to see which one I like the best.  I have a preference for Rolands but the Polysix might better complement my Jupiter-4.  Another factor is that I had a stand-alone Polysix fx section made, so I can get similar sounds out of that.
Which one should I keep?

keep them both

Maybe I will, The polysix is back at my tech's for more repairs, it's now fully working, I just need to go pick it up.
I like the "limitations" of not having a pile of synths filling up the room, but it's hard not to pass up a good deal.

juno 60 alll theee wayyy

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "

Roland MKS-50 and a Behringer BCR2000 to control it.

1,613 (edited by plikestechno 2009-09-28 22:39:43)

TONY COPS wrote:

I had put up a post on my Local Craigslist for months without success, then one appeared on Kijiji, and I saw it within the first minute it was posted. I was a the guy's place half an hour later!

Same thing when I bought my RS-09 for $80.

Yeah, I'm not interested in the hassle and stress of shipping or receiving keyboards anymore. And to be honest, when you have a T8, you don't care about the keyboard action of anything else. It had the last OS in it when I bought it, so it controls everything else like a charm too.

I wouldn't mind selling my DX7IIFD or Casio CZ5000 but the cost and hassle of shipping is not worth it.

I've gambled and traded enough. At some point one of these long distance keyboard buy/sells is going to go sideways.

Racks and modules and stuff sure but not I'm not shipping or buying anything with more than 37 keys anymore. Anything bigger is more hassle than it is worth for me. Too much time and stress.

I've shipped dozens of synths all over the world without any problems ever.  I don't think it's luck, you just have to pack well and use Canada Post.  If you sell on eBay, it's usually worth the hassle and buyers pay the cost of course.

I heard the T8 has a piano keyboard action, that means I wouldn't be able to play very well on it I think, does it really have weighted keys and all?

1,615 (edited by plikestechno 2009-09-29 07:33:53)

It just takes a lot of time to pack them properly and I don't have a ton of time right now or for the forseeable future.

T8's don't need to be "weighted" because it's wooden! And covered like piano keya. I sucked at first but I got used to it. I can't play my other keys anymore. They feel like garbage. Also, depending on what type of music you're playing you can adjust the sensitivities for everything.

On the piano keys action, I use since years now a stage piano from Korg (the SP300). I cannot play with those synth keys any longer....

Not that I'm Rick Wakeman or anything, but you guys can play as fast as on a synth action keyboard?

@ Plikes, I understand about the time issue, that was the case with the former Juno-60 owner, he wanted to sell it locally cause it's less hassle, good for me!

it finally arrived.. my third one...;)

http://crc.substanssi.net/vauva.jpg

congrats!

heey man CONGRATULATIONS ON NEW BABY!!!

I stoped on 2 ... but who know... my wife dont want more male around house...hehehehee
3 man is enough for her!!!!

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "

thanks! my situation is 3 girls & 2 guys smile

Gratz!!!

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

TONY COPS wrote:

I've shipped dozens of synths all over the world without any problems ever.  I don't think it's luck, you just have to pack well and use Canada Post.

Yeah, I always pack well. I've grown some balls and listed the DX7IIFD in the usual spots.

Big up CRC on the wee lad.

I got a 626 in the mail today that I paid $70 shipped for. Manual, PS, everything.

And I went and picked up a Schaller Reverb Unit spring reverb for $80 today. Is it any good? Who knows. I love spring reverbs and it's german made so maybe it will be good.

Hey I got a german reverb too, a Grundig Hvs-1.  It's from 1964, brand new in the box, It was still packed with the original tape and all.  I haven't hooked it up yet as it's a bit DIY, it was an expansion of some kind for radios or something. I hope it doesn't sound like Herpes like its name would imply.

I've seen the schaller reverbs, looks cool, they made a tape echo too I think.

I saw the Dx on VSE, good luck, It shouldn't be too hard to pack.  The worst for me was a Solina that I double boxed and sent to LA, there was no damage and Mr Sardy was pleased.

crc wrote:

it finally arrived.. my third one...;)

http://crc.substanssi.net/vauva.jpg

Congratulations & good luck.