Re: What new booty have you acquired?

TONY COPS wrote:

Just got this for 100$ CAD, sounds good, does anybody know when they came out with particular version of the memory man?

That's what I found: http://www.gbase.com/gear/electro-harmo … 979-yello# Or did you mean the design of yours? But i don't know a valid release date.

thanks, interesting.  I ment to say this version on the stereo memory man, I wonder if they sound very different.

EH always re-use names like that and it makes it hard to google their stuff.  I got a vintage EH vocoder recently and I could barely find anything because their new vocoder is called the same + V256 or something similar.

hasnt got the deluxe more delaytime than the normal memory man?

EHX have got really great pedals BTW, only flaw is that most of em dont have a mix or blend pot. So its hard to use in a DAW as auxsend.

1,754 (edited by automatique 2009-10-26 18:01:42)

There are different versions of the DMM - not only the new chassis of the actual version. There are distinctive chips inside and most older ones don't have true bypass. Older DMMs have also another design. I know blue (instead of black) ones. The actual version has also one knob (depth) more than older DMMs.
SMM: only 300ms delay. Delay and chorus aren't usable simultaneously (like on DMM). No knob for chorus/vibrato and no level knob.

And there are also two new ones: Memory Toy and Memory Boy.

Nord G2 Keyboard.  I've been playing with the demo for ages so it was only a matter of time/money before i could find a real one.  There doesnt seem to be many for sale it seems.
I've only spent an hr with it last night but sounded great so far.

One problem is a couple of buttons on the front panel are sticking.  If I pinch carefully I can pull them back out and they are ready for triggering but its like the spring has gone or something.  Anyone know how to fix?

ekranoplan wrote:

One problem is a couple of buttons on the front panel are sticking.  If I pinch carefully I can pull them back out and they are ready for triggering but its like the spring has gone or something.  Anyone know how to fix?

Remove the cola that the previous owner poured in to the little bugger.

"sorry i

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

ekranoplan wrote:

I have the same problem with a Nord Modular (keyboard version)... sad

1,758 (edited by plikestechno 2009-10-29 01:12:33)

Going to pick up a Roland RE-301 Chorus Echo that looks to be in amazing shape on Friday.

$650 Canadian isn't exactly a deal but won't have to pay shipping, customs or worry about it in transit.

But I've never played with an actual tape echo before. What should I be checking out? What parts are most prone to failure/flakiness?

For $650 I'm only buying it if everything works properly. Apparently the woman's dad paid $700 US for it on Ebay a couple of years ago before he passed on. So if it's been used recently I'm sure its in better shape than one that sat in a closet for 20 years but any tips will be appreciated.

goin to pick up my sherman filterbank saterday bought some time ago for 75euro @ first it worked but not as it was supposed, and after that it died a bit more each time i turned it on...... now a friend replaced the gain pod and it is alive again alive i tell you ALIVE!

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

Shure SM48 and cable for vocals

MOTU Midi Express XT 8x8 USB MIDI interface. 

plikes - Other than a visual inspection the only tip I have for you is to set a long delay time with decent feedback and listen closely to see if the feedback loop is dropping out or speeding up/slowing down.  Also, I must confess that I looked at the ad for that very 301 and seriously considered it (I have friend's 501 on loan and don't look forward to giving it back).

Really?

There's one in Toronto too. I thought it was only in Edmonton. Hmmm...

Why would anyone try to pull a scam at this price?

found a very nice Radiola portable Turntable from the '70s, it runs on batteries or 220v
Closed
# http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/98/l_3f9bada65be5493d924077f724765eb9.jpg
Open
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/77/l_c31b5dcf9ac74477a87dae98cdac1d44.jpg

plikestechno wrote:

Really?

There's one in Toronto too. I thought it was only in Edmonton. Hmmm...

Oh no no - the one I was looking at was the same one you're looking at on Edmonton kijiji, not Winnipeg (hence my confession wink ). 

The only good thing for sale here right now is a nice DX-7 with 4 carts for $325 that I'm having a hard time resisting.  If a 301 came up for sale locally would be in my grubby hands before you can say "kijiji".

1,765 (edited by plikestechno 2009-10-29 19:19:12)

Ah that's right, Winnipeg, for some reason I keep thinking that you're in Toronto.

Yeah, cool stuff very VERY rarely shows up here and when something does its usually hilariously overpriced. I imagine it's evebn worse in Winterpeg.

Picked up "Beaterator" for the PSP. This is actually much, much better than what I expected for 25 bucks; it has some elements of DAW's, a bit of inspiration from the MPC and it's apparently optimised for speed and ease of use without getting dumbed down. Kinda like Live if it would've gone in the opposite direction after version 4, except at a fraction of the price and it fits in your coat pocket. Good stuff.

After waiting for 5 months my APC 40 has finally arrived.  Initial impressions are good.  Definitely makes working with Live feel more like working with a hardware sequencer.  No more regrets about selling my RS7000.

ProjectGenocide wrote:

goin to pick up my sherman filterbank saterday bought some time ago for 75euro @ first it worked but not as it was supposed, and after that it died a bit more each time i turned it on...... now a friend replaced the gain pod and it is alive again alive i tell you ALIVE!

wow, That is a great deal!

love the radiola too, btw!

unicity wrote:

After waiting for 5 months my APC 40 has finally arrived.  Initial impressions are good.  Definitely makes working with Live feel more like working with a hardware sequencer.  No more regrets about selling my RS7000.

i am thinking about this one too. So you think it is as good as a hadrware sequencer?

teknob wrote:
unicity wrote:

i am thinking about this one too. So you think it is as good as a hadrware sequencer?

After spending most of last night with it I'd say yes and no. 

Yes:  It is so much easier to quickly get some ideas down.  Hit the arm recording button for a track, hit a clip button, and you're recording.  Hit the same clip button when you're done and recording stops/looping starts.  It's insanely fast to get stuff happening this way compared to mouse/point/click.  SO much nicer to not have to reach for the mouse to record on a different track or anything.  With the RS7000 I had developed a kind of muscle memory so I could record a part or perform different functions without really looking at the box (this is something I love about working with hardware sequencers vs. software).  I can feel the same thing starting to happen with the APC.

No: While it's fast to record stuff and arrange parts, there's no way to delete or undo or edit things from the interface.  So if you record an 8-bar part and it sucks, you can't just delete that part from the APC by pressing a button and starting again.  If you record without quantization and you want to quantize afterwards, you have to do it from the software.

For me, all of this is perfectly acceptable.  My favorite part about working with a hardware sequencer is the ability to quickly get ideas down, and this is where the APC excels.  My least favorite part of working with a hardware sequencer is detailed editing, and this isn't the APC's concern at all.  I'm sure it's possible to set it up so you can do things like delete clips and undo recording (probably using something like Bome's alongside), but I don't have the time/brain to mess with that stuff. 

Sorry for the lengthy reply.  I guess I'm trying to avoid doing any work at the moment.

Picked up a Roland JX-3P yesterday in Breda. When I came home our first date complete went out of control, caus' I almost forget to sleep last night wink .. crazy, crazy machine. Love it already very much.

Even without that way too expensive PG-200 it's quite easy to control .. now have to find out how to program that onboard sequencer in a proper way. It also has an option for overdubbing in sequencer modus, could be interesting ..

Sogar die gr

coolex Endfest!

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

welkom bij de analoge freaks, willem! leuke bak, er staat er hier ook nog eentje..

Thnx guys!

2 Rude: nice you got one too. Do you also trigger the sequencer by an 808 or something?

Sogar die gr

actually i have to admit to my shame that i haven't done much with it.. i've only had it for less than a year. but i'd use it as a normal polysynth via midi, not with the internal sequencer..