1,776 (edited by plikestechno 2009-10-31 04:51:33)

Re: What new booty have you acquired?

RE-301 in the house. Sounds good, looks great as far as I know and what I read on the web about what to look for.

Tolex slightly worn on a coupla corners so got it for $550. Offered $500 as the original ad said best offer but she wouldn't budge below $550.

Nice deal considering no shipping, customs etc.

$350 perfect conditioned MC-202 arrived as well today. Been a good week. When I sold my first one for $550 I thought I'd never find another for $350 which is what I paid for my first one. But I did and it's in even better shape!

Moog MF-103 12 stage Phaser...

almost got the set complete, only the 104 is missing, but I got other delays so that will not come, or anyone want to buy a Line6 Echo Pro for 599 tongue

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b184/Senna_/Foto0136.jpg

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

emt 930st
kudelski 4 ch mixes x2
stellavox mixer
studer 089 2 modules preamp eq

smile

good day for shoping

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "

roland soundcanvas sc-50. When I get home i'll compare its 808 kit to the r8. Sounds like it has some usable piano tones too.

sh-101 from ebay but the seller lied about the condition and the thing is is in pretty bad shape

other than a "few dead keys" the condition was supposed to be good

what i found:
tune and vco pots are loose/almost broken
a lot of sliders are almost frozen, but do work.
attack decay and release do nothing.
bender is loose
11 dead keys
dirty as hell inside, screws missing

i have emailed him about it but no reply im going to give bad feedback if he doesn't do something about it! when do yall give bad feedback? I feel like no one does that anymore?

I always stick with craigslist but i wanted a 101 so bad to gig with! i am done buying on ebay... well for now anyway!

-A

"yeah yeah thats right"

damn thats fucked up ! how much did u pay ?

1,783 (edited by plikestechno 2009-10-31 23:14:07)

If you bought it on Ebay and you paid paypal he has to take it back and give you your money back. Even if he says "as is" or "no returns" he has to take it back as he is required to disclose everything before selling it.

File a dispute immediately. Don't leave bad feedback yet. Just file a dispute. If you don't hear back from him in a couple of days escalate it to a claim.

Honey Peters wrote:

roland soundcanvas sc-50. When I get home i'll compare its 808 kit to the r8. Sounds like it has some usable piano tones too.

let me know is it any good. there is one for sale here, and i'd surely like a cheap good sounding "808 substitute in a box"

1,785 (edited by teknob 2009-11-01 21:00:15)

unicity: thanks foe your review

endfest, rude: It's good to mod the 3p so that any midi programmer can be used to edit it, and that it no longer receives just OMNI or Ch1. (also, if you have the mod, u can edit with the programmer while sequencing to midi)

Some eckmiller passive eq's and faders and other modules.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

1,787 (edited by TONY COPS 2013-06-03 14:55:02)

edited

RNC compressors are as the name says, Really Nice Compressor. That is a Really Good Price for two.
I used to have one, and use it mainly on the Master. It's a good unit.

RNC are considered very good stuff for the money, a lot of pros are using it next to 1960s tubecompressors smile

There are 3 versions now of the RNC stuff

Tony; are you just buying stuff without knowing what it actually is good for? big_smile I would say, stick it on a drum or syntbus, then you ll know it. Things like that are very personal aswell. What the one finds good is a fail for another.

But it is good stuff no worries about that. I calculated it back to Euros and 225 = 150 Euro, thats a steal man smile
Is Canada such a good place for gearhunting?

I would use em on stereo synth busses, not on drums, for drums i would choose the RNC limiters

Portagoose wrote:

sh-101 from ebay but the seller lied about the condition and the thing is is in pretty bad shape

other than a "few dead keys" the condition was supposed to be good

what i found:
tune and vco pots are loose/almost broken
a lot of sliders are almost frozen, but do work.
attack decay and release do nothing.
bender is loose
11 dead keys
dirty as hell inside, screws missing

i have emailed him about it but no reply im going to give bad feedback if he doesn't do something about it! when do yall give bad feedback? I feel like no one does that anymore?

I always stick with craigslist but i wanted a 101 so bad to gig with! i am done buying on ebay... well for now anyway!

-A

thats a shame man, i feel for you....

I seldom buy on ebay anymore, too much traders and too less musicians there (read too high pricing) But I never had that much hassle on ebay, but when you are rippedoff like this, dont hesitate to give him a bad one for sure, and did you pay via Paypal orso? reclaim or ask for refund via Paypal or your CC company..

Didnt get to buy the Mutronics Mutator so now I'm oogling the Schipmann Ebbe & Flut.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Good choice and the schipmann offer they got now is great!

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

Wow that's a great deal Tony...I bought an RNLA new 4 years ago and it was $279 (for one)!

I bought the compressors because I knew it was a good price, even if I wasn't sure it was a good choice for synths and drum machines.  Of course I'll try it out and see if it works for me, if not I'll resell them.

I don't know about Canada in general, but Montreal seems like a pretty good used gear market, there's lots of musicians and people don't seem too profit-oriented.

well they certainly are nice next to each other in that rack...always handy to have around

TONY COPS wrote:

but Montreal seems like a pretty good used gear market, there's lots of musicians and people don't seem too profit-oriented.

wasn't just Montreal The DISCO Mecca in the late 70's/early 80's???

Yes it was, and I'm quite proud of that!

Canadian disco!

Now it's an important indy rock city and everybody forgot.

I've been thinking of contacting these people to document the era.

you should! i just love that city.

crc wrote:
Honey Peters wrote:

let me know is it any good. there is one for sale here, and i'd surely like a cheap good sounding "808 substitute in a box"

I am impressed. The Kick is actually bigger on the SC. I always thought the r8's was a bit weak on the low end.
Also, the SC lets you control a full ADSR volume envelope, cutoff, res, chorus and reverb for each one of the 16 tracks. If you want to detune drum parts individually you have to put an 808 kit on multiple tracks (which you can set to the same or different midi channels). The worst part about the SC-50 is that it only has stereo RCA outputs (you can control the pan on each track). The R8 lets you assign each drum part to individual outputs or panned left/right.

The SC also has other very usable generic tones. I may keep it for piano sounds. Or sell it and buy a nice tube preamp to warm up some 808 samples coming out of my sampler.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn225/LCTRX08/IMG_3542.jpg

Just got this recently but it was a my tech's for repairs, got it cheaper because some lame-brain had drilled holes on the front and put the jacks there, it's back to normal now, with a little surgery showing still.

Sounds good, better than the MAM I had at one point, not as clear as the Ableton vocoder but with more character.