Re: What new booty have you acquired?

TONY COPS wrote:

Some people don't check the internet for prices, a friend of mine got an EMS Synthi hi-fli + a Moog duophonic cv keyboard for 500$ this week.

i love to have that hifli smile

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

I'll talk to him because I think he'll be selling it, you can pm me and tell me a price you'd pay for it, it just might work!

plikestechno wrote:

Sweet Jesus Christ.

I bought a seemingly perfect functioning TR-808 for $250 Canadian today. Just a coupla scratches but everything works perfect as far as I could tell in my quick test.

That's right. $250 Canadian. Three blocks from my house. Pictures later. I am dizzy right now. What to do now that I suddenly have two 808s?

It was the same guy who was selling the D50/PG1000. He listed the 808 this morning and I called him right away because I had his number from when I inquired about the D-50. I asked "MC-808? And he was like, "no, TR-808."

Picked it up this afternoon, tested the stereo outputs there and sounded clean. I am a lucky bitch. Will fully test and post pics later.

But I am still about to faint right now.

wah!? that's crazy.  buy a lotto ticket while you still got the mojo!

Cool!.. Well i got my mint 909 for 5000 sek atleast

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

2,330 (edited by plikestechno 2010-02-06 10:15:23)

Went through it tonight. Syncs nice, all functions work, all individual outs work sound good.

The main volume knob on it though is loose and really flakey. Sometimes it's good, sometimes you don't get sound at all. I had a heart attack when I first got home because it sounded fine when I bought it but maybe I didn't twist the main knob. I was kind of crazy. It is wobbly whereas my Ghetto808 is tight. Will have to be looked at but it's not the end of the world as I had my other 808 fed into seperate channels anyway. No problems with the individual pots.

I will probably keep the one I bought today and sell or trade the Ghetto808 that I bought a few months ago on Ebay. The one I bought today looks better, is all original parts and who knows when I will get the main volume knob fixed. I don't trust any techs around here. If the one I bought today was mint, I might have thought about selling it but a couple of scrapes probably bring the price down to what the Ghetto808 will sell for.

And I won't feel guilty selling the Ghetto808 since I paid quite a bit for it. And there won't be headaches. The Ghetto808 has some rectified cosmetic issues (rust was filed off then had anti-rust coating put on it) but it works absolutely perfect and I bought it off the person who completely serviced it. Switches and some buttons that had to be replaced were but the knobs and everything else are original.

I can't keep up with you guys, I surrender hehe

And I envy all those marvelous deals...I cannot sleep anymore if I read more on acquired 808s for 250$ fukking hell

Dont you feel you are doing the guy you purchase it from short??? He might be selling the shit so he can buy food coz he is gone unemployed or broke or something smile On the other hand, it is own mistake if he even google a bit around for current prices...

And now make some music guys with all that stuff, not only buy and sell smile

2,332 (edited by plikestechno 2010-02-06 09:51:11)

No, I don't feel that guilty. He set the price, he hasn't used it in years, he had tons of other stuff to keep him happy.

He had two apartment rooms of studio and equipment. It's all computers for him now. The only old thing he had in his recording area not digital was a Tascam reel to reel. He offered to sell me a 707 as well but I had no more cash so I didn't even want to see it. I didn't see what else he had in the 2nd room. Looked like the "instrument" room though.

Very cool couple though. Older, he ran a country music label in the 80s and early 90s and still records friends all the time. He had ARIA (Alberta Recording Industry Association) awards all over the wall. Wife is very supportive. Three bedrooms in the apartment. Two of them full of music shit. They seemed like old hippies a bit.

Funny though, the last thing he says as I'm leaving is "now you're probably going to sell it on Ebay for a million dollars." So he knew it was worth a hell of a lot more than $250. I don't get it. He could have listed it for $1000 and just as easily have sold it. He could have listed his D-50, PG1000 and cards for more than the $350 he got the day before as well.

It was all weird. Somehow meant to be a little bit I think. I've been giving people mad deals on Discogs for the past coupla years too. Sometimes you just want things sold.

yeah thats is really strange if they know it is worth that much and give it away practically. Well your luck.

and there are just alot of weird ppl outthere

gear karma, man - maybe he had good deals back in the day and he's just paying it back for the youngsters.

just got the poly 61 and solist 505 (cromatic keys) damage : 110 euro
im happy smile

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

just made myself a nifty S-trig to V-trig cable. now the Polysix can play with all the others

2,337 (edited by mekonin 2010-02-06 19:52:03)

Congratulations Plikes, even my girlfriend knew that 250$ is cheap for 808 and was a bit jealous too, but they tend to do that...

808 for 250$ just wow

congratulations

http://www.syntheticarts-studio.com

Brain is CV controlled device!!!!!! so we all are analog sequenced machines!!!! " ROBOTS "

plikestechno's story tells you there's still good deals to be had out there. i've bought many cheap things from friends that went digital, got my 909 for 300 CAN back in the days from a canadian friend, and just last year bought my arp axxe for 100$ from a jazz musician in the US. hell, my studer a80 for 600 EUR was a steal. once you know a lot of people and they know you like old equipment, things will happen. and of course always keep your eyes open in the most unusual places...

I found a Yamaha CS-20m on the lawn at a garage sale 4 years ago, it was 50$.  SOmeone gave me a CS-40m two years later.  I hate those synths btw.

...$250 for an 808?
that's got to be the cheapest I've ever seen one! well done!

now, if you EVER complain about local juno60 prices again......
:-)

2,342 (edited by plikestechno 2010-02-07 12:19:31)

So, I'm gonna keep the cheapo one.

My other 808, which I paid much Much MUCH more for on Ebay will be up for sale soon. Soon like in probably this week when I get some pics done. It's not a looker, I call it my Ghetto 808, paint has been scratched off in a few spots but eveyrthing works perfectly and I bought it directly from the tech who restored and replaced some cosmetic things (switches, tap button). And gave me lifetime tech service as he put it. It will be less of a hassle to sell as I'd rather sell a perfectly working 808 then a 99% working 808.

I'm thinking 1400 USD. Trades definitely considered but probably just modular and would have to be very specific things at this point as I'm covered elsewhere. 900 GBP/1000 EURO possible but item will be declared/insured for full amount so you will probably get taxed up the hoop. North American buyer would probably be best as lifetime tech service is in Florida.

edit: up now in Trade/Sell. Go get er!

plikestechno wrote:

900 GBP/1000 EURO possible but item will be declared/insured for full amount so you will probably get taxed up the hoop.

declared and insured amounts are not the same. if you ship it as a 20 dollar gift, you can still insure it for 5000$ is you want. but then no one will get taxed, especially not if it is a second hand product.

Really...well maybe that will make it more appetizing for you cross the pond folks. Going up in Trade/Sell right now!

rude66 wrote:
plikestechno wrote:

900 GBP/1000 EURO possible but item will be declared/insured for full amount so you will probably get taxed up the hoop.

declared and insured amounts are not the same. if you ship it as a 20 dollar gift, you can still insure it for 5000$ is you want. but then no one will get taxed, especially not if it is a second hand product.

You have to pay tax over the insured value + shipping cost.

mono-poly wrote:
rude66 wrote:
plikestechno wrote:

You have to pay tax over the insured value + shipping cost.

+ 17 euro administration/'inklaringskosten'

TB or not TB

Finally paid for Ableton Live Intro after my demo version ran out. Now waiting on a new laptop hard drive before installing it.

It's no $250 TR-808, but I found a Yamaha SK20 for $20 at Value Village this weekend.  Had the power cord hacked off,  but after some simple surgery the power was restored and the thing works perfectly.  Organ sounds meh, paraphonic polysynth  section sounds bad in a good way, string machine section sounds fantastic.

Plikes i don't get it why you asked $1400 for a 808 which really looks trashed up after you got a nice one for $250.

http://www.rodni.com/tshirt/ss255/peacefire.gif