2,351 (edited by plikestechno 2010-02-08 07:03:33)

Re: What new booty have you acquired?

mono-poly wrote:

Plikes i don't get it why you asked $1400 for a 808 which really looks trashed up after you got a nice one for $250.

Because the 250 one has a couple of issues. I don't like selling things with issues. The "trashed" one just has a bad paint job. It was repaired and restored and works perfectly. Excellent and near mint ones are going for $2000 USD plus on Ebay right now.

I paid around $1400 USD for the "trashed" one.

And if you think mine is trashed or was priced unfair please see what people are paying for beat up ones that aren't even working.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Roland-TR-808- … 27aef45837

Well to me it looks trashed from the outside.
But no hard feelings and good luck selling it!

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

All good, it is already sold.

I got a new SEM today. Saw it was in stock at an aussie dealer on the weekend and swooped on it, avoiding the whole audiomidi debacle so many non-US people seem to have had.

I'm having a whole pile of fun playing with it with my 303 sequencer! It's a really nice little synth.

@no-fi
ok, so you are one of the lucky ones... I am still waiting for mine (got it from audiomidi... yes, I was smart tongue )

A sweet CR-78. It's running for more than two hours now. Everything's workin' fine. Damn, this thing is spittin' out some real oldschool sounding rhythms. Bougt him together with a midified Linndrum2 (on his way). Damage: 575 euro, package price.

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-PCP3TQKG.jpg

Sogar die gr

Super vnice. Good scores.

2,358 (edited by SOS 2010-02-09 23:44:35)

no-fi wrote:

I got a new SEM today. Saw it was in stock at an aussie dealer on the weekend and swooped on it, avoiding the whole audiomidi debacle so many non-US people seem to have had.

I'm having a whole pile of fun playing with it with my 303 sequencer! It's a really nice little synth.

i'm still waiting for my SEM, and i'm in the US...sucks, it's been over 3 months.

EDIT: ten minutes after i post this, i get an email saying they just shipped it today! whooo

@ alex: good luck with the wait!! it's worth it.
:-)

@SOS: woohoo!! when is it arriving??

I'm really liking the SEM so far. especially running off the 303. they go really well together. and the fun you can have with those patch points on the left and just a couple of cables..... definite keeper. Though dangerous, cause it makes me really want a modular to hook into it.

I played with a semblance or a semtex or something once. was great fun but had a pretty fizzy sounding filter... this one is kind of similar, but sounds a lot nicer to me. sounds more "right" - whatever the hell that is, for someone who never played with a real SEM in his life. Speaking of which, I'm very keen to hear an original SEM against it one day.

Endfest wrote:

A sweet CR-78. It's running for more than two hours now. Everything's workin' fine. Damn, this thing is spittin' out some real oldschool sounding rhythms. Bougt him together with a midified Linndrum2 (on his way). Damage: 575 euro, package price.

nice score Willem!

TB or not TB

no-fi wrote:

@ alex: good luck with the wait!! it's worth it.
:-)

@SOS: woohoo!! when is it arriving??

I'm really liking the SEM so far. especially running off the 303. they go really well together. and the fun you can have with those patch points on the left and just a couple of cables..... definite keeper. Though dangerous, cause it makes me really want a modular to hook into it.

I played with a semblance or a semtex or something once. was great fun but had a pretty fizzy sounding filter... this one is kind of similar, but sounds a lot nicer to me. sounds more "right" - whatever the hell that is, for someone who never played with a real SEM in his life. Speaking of which, I'm very keen to hear an original SEM against it one day.

i'll get mine before the weekend - can't wait!
my friend who used to have an oberheim 2 voice said the SEM reissue sounds exactly the same. i played w/ an ob-1 a while ago (speculator had one at his store), and the filter on that also sounded kind of weirdly fizzy, too. instead of sounding deep it just sounded....scratchy or something. that one may have been a bit busted, though.

phew, been slanging gear for a modular, and it's coming along nicely- got a modular world eurocase rack today, got a bubblesound ulfo and mfb vca coming in a couple days, expecting some stuff from trades: mfb lpf, stg post-lawsuit lpf, wavefolder, .BAM, and .VCA.   and as soon as i get paid for another synth, tonight hopefully, i'll have the money to grab a decent oscillator and envelope and maybe another filter to round things out.  the adventure begins!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ks1n_yOjFuM/R8Lat5XG1wI/AAAAAAAAAGE/vpK9ooeSuM4/s400/falcor2.jpg

dequalsrxt wrote:

phew, been slanging gear for a modular, and it's coming along nicely- got a modular world eurocase rack today, got a bubblesound ulfo and mfb vca coming in a couple days, expecting some stuff from trades: mfb lpf, stg post-lawsuit lpf, wavefolder, .BAM, and .VCA.   and as soon as i get paid for another synth, tonight hopefully, i'll have the money to grab a decent oscillator and envelope and maybe another filter to round things out.  the adventure begins!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ks1n_yOjFuM/R … alcor2.jpg

The stg post-lawsuit lpf is my favourite filter at the moment.  Good luck with the modular, hours of endless fun.

2,364 (edited by plikestechno 2010-02-11 09:36:54)

haha. got a modular world one in the mail too today. liked it so much I ordered another one as I'll now have two full 6U cases once everything gets here in a week or two and have already started the third...let's just say I've sold a lot of records over the past six months.

First case (annoying old Doepfer I bought used with front switch that hogs up 8hp)

Livewire Audio Frequency Generator
Livewire Dual Cyclotron
Bubblesound uLFO
Plan B M11 Evil Twin
Doepfer Vocoder (A129 1-5)
Doepfer Dual Quantizer
Plan B M39 Wave Splicer

Second case (modularworld)

Malekko Wiard series that's available (2xAO, 2xNR, Borg, Boogie, 2xEnvelator)
Plan B M15 Complex VCO (Anti-Envelope will go here when it is out)
Plan B M26 CV Processor
Makenoise Format Jumbler (to play with the Chilean and everything else)
Bananalogue VCS
Bananalogue WVX

Third case (modularworld already started, I'm so lame...)

Cwejman VM-1 (bought used today)
M15 will move into this case when Anti-Envelope is out
?
?
?
?

we are on the slow road to hell friends. the slow road to hell.

2,365 (edited by Septicstudio 2010-02-11 09:28:55)

Cool smile

I ordered a 10U wide row of Oakley Modular 5U modules + a 1U HE custom made utillitystrip and some power/rails etc...

That 3U is very wide & wild in choices but I just can't handle the smaller format....but really cool stuff comming out on that platform.

Gonna pick up some Ikea

Freek wrote:
Endfest wrote:

nice score Willem!

and an excellent price too for both! wow!

I ordered up an Oakley Eurorack ring mod last week and just waiting for delivery.

http://twitpic.com/12kd9m

Serge style panel for some CGS circuits.
Now i need to pack and ship over 20 off them to other users.

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

Septicstudio wrote:

Cool smile

I ordered a 10U wide row of Oakley Modular 5U modules + a 1U HE custom made utillitystrip and some power/rails etc...

That 3U is very wide & wild in choices but I just can't handle the smaller format....but really cool stuff comming out on that platform.

Gonna pick up some Ikea

well partly the reliability, but for the most part, because I am limited in studiospace (3,5m2) and I want the widest spectre of sounds Like FM synthesis (FS1R), LA Synthesis (VariOS D50), Subtractive synthesis (Prophet8) and wavetable synthesis like the Polyevolver. And mostly these old pieces of gear, are limited in one way or the other. The tweakability and sound is main thing ofcourse for a instrument, and I try to combine best of both worlds.

A DX7 is cool, but I prefer the FS1R, it got massive fx onboard and the most expanded FM syntheis around
A D50 totally rocks but I prefer Varios + VC1 becasuse of the space (soundwise they are the same)
A P5 is very cool, but with 5 notes of poly I cant handle proper 2 hand playingstyle., so P08 for me

So What I try to do is get 21st century gear with the same handson controle (or more via editors, like the FS1R), but with add polyphony and most of the times a much more compact housing...

If I had a big castle up in the hills and a lot of money, i would have all the usual suspects in the studio like CS80, JP8, OB 8voice etc smile

hey, i have a maxikorg, mono-poly, soon a ds-2 and a bunch of other keyboards nd drum machines, a 24-channel d&r, a studer a80, and a bunch of other stuff on no more space than you have. all it takes is some careful planning and you'd be surprised what you can stuff somewhere.

my motto when buying gear is ''oh, i'll find a place for it!'' big_smile

i always tell myself "I'll get this, and sell the xxx". And then never do

Finally a goddamn 64 mb smart media-card

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

plikestechno wrote:

haha. got a modular world one in the mail too today...

...we are on the slow road to hell friends. the slow road to hell.

i prefer a fast flight on falcor, but i catch your meaning smile  i can't remember if it was you or someone else on the board that recommended the MW case, but whoever it was, good lookin' out!  such a good deal with all the mults, attenuators, momentary switches and such- i looked at other cases and nothing really compared to the value of the MW.

@koova - yeah, i played with my friends frac pl/lpf over xmas and i really liked it.  i have to wait a while for that one though, so 'til then i'll have to settle for the mfb.  this shits coming together quickly!  did a deal last night  so i can afford to make another order today, i figure a malekko/wiard combination: AO, Borg, and envelator.  so provide everything else goes smoothly, by next weekend i should already be on my second row.  goodbye, world

cheers byron:

http://cyfa.co.kr/data/file/market_1/741347322_7dfe4d25_JBL%2B4312C%2B1.JPG

Pages Previous 1 93 94 95 96 97 189 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → General Hardware / Software Discussion → What new booty have you acquired?