2,376 (edited by plikestechno 2010-02-12 02:53:57)

Re: What new booty have you acquired?

dequalsrxt wrote:

i looked at other cases and nothing really compared to the value of the MW.

I don't know if you bought directly or not. But directly ($385 USD) included free EMS shipping. It got here in less than 2 weeks.

I'm telling myself this will be my last case but it's probably not true as the steady stream of records keeps flying out the door.

At least it cured my jones for keyboards, drum machines etc. I've got everything I want as far as that goes.

But it's so easy for the modules to stack up. Sell some records...couple, few hundred in paypal...buy another module...

Repeat...buy another case...repeat...

Only thing with modulars, after a couple of years of flipping old things, is that you don't make money reselling them so I mostly buy used and you have to be careful about buying modules that you think are indispensible.

And then watch me probably flip them for a Serge panel or something eventually. The circle of life...

teknob wrote:

i always tell myself "I'll get this, and sell the xxx". And then never do

yeah... I'm getting a bit better at that, but not really....
:-)

no-fi wrote:
teknob wrote:

i always tell myself "I'll get this, and sell the xxx". And then never do

yeah... I'm getting a bit better at that, but not really....
:-)

Same here.  At least with the modular stuff my wife doesn't notice a new module in the rack whereas it's difficult to hide a new drum machine/keyboard when she comes into the studio.

haha koova just buy her some jewls or a flower whenever you spend your money on synths wink

Do synthesizers dream of electronic drums?

2,380 (edited by olivier8 2010-02-12 10:49:07)

Koova wrote:

Same here.  At least with the modular stuff my wife doesn't notice a new module in the rack whereas it's difficult to hide a new drum machine/keyboard when she comes into the studio.

ahahahaha that's funny

2,381 (edited by computerdisco 2010-02-12 11:41:48)

Its True.. They remember.. "Oh whats that? I didnt see that before...." Gulp!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Friday-afternoon-mental-half-hour impulse buy.  Just ordered a Tenori-on.  Haven't got a clue how I'm going to hide that from the missus, especially with all the flashing lights. 

I Don't know how it's going to fit in with my existing set-up but hopefully it'll be able to transmit midi via the kenton to do some new stuff with the modular and get away from the 4/4 16th pattern thing that is so easy to slip into.

I should have posted this on the "should I buy" thread before I pressed the purchase button.  Hopefully it won't turn out to be a pretty ornament on my shelf gathering dust.

They ironed out the bugs with the latest OS, I'm sure it'll be a nice addition to your studio as a sequencer.

heh. it's not my girlfriend who has the problem with my synth collection, it's me... really trying hard to keep my collection of gear to a bunch of things I actually can use and have plugged in. the minute you have synths in multiple rooms, I think it's time to sell some, or find a house with a bigger room for your studio.

Roland System 100 Keyboard 101

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

I got some Hordijk vco's coming soon and some Buchla.
But that takes a while smile

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

got another box of cables (all kinds) for cheap and got a box a few months ago. there are several stereo 1/4 jack cables. I guess I don't need them - the only stereo outputs in my gear are headphone outs. so any recommendations for use or should i sell them?

you can use them for balanced connections!

yes or for inserts on your mixer

Yamaha TG-33 from speculator

Moog Realistic MG-1, never been blown away more by a piece of gear. It is my first 'American' synth

BMX: The one Segerfalk sold on 99musik i assume? But 12 000 svenska kronor? hmm

Latest acquisitions:
MOTU 828 mk3 - Silent Way, here we go! big_smile
Roland SH-09 - hopefully on the way here from the UK... Ended up paying €450 including shipping. Seems like an OK price these days...

prophet 5 bitches

Rev3?

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

Korg electribe er 1 mk II - my favorite drum machine so far

yeah boyeee

@BMX
planning to go vintage with a System100 eh? good luck finding the things at the right price...

mono-poly wrote:

Rev3?

how can you tell?
the power switch is all the way to one side and it has a midi update.. so it must be 3.something.. i guess i will check the serial number?

and how do you get the little decimal point in the patch number so you can access the other patches?
hold down something? and press something?

i dont feel like looking in the manual..

it says it is prophet 5 model 1000.. what does that mean?

http://pustostany.pl/fotoplastikon/1000p.jpg

Casiotone 1000P found today on flea market for 10e.
Quite fun!

Oh I had tat casio for a little while, very wierd and complex arpeggiator, quite a nice sound overall, too bad you can sync the arp, there is an uber-rare mod kit that came out at the same time apparently that lets you do so.