Re: your last purchases of records

EliasRafael wrote:
hysteric wrote:

Frank Duval - "Give Me Your Love / Ogon" 12" ..b-side of this is a space disco bomb!

nice one, but do you know his other Masterpieces: Onyx & What a Day ?

strange guy, a lot of his stuff was OST for German TV crime serials - Derrick & der Alte

Don't know the tracks you mentioned, not on youtube, so I guess they're more obscure.

He looks like a ghetto Kurt Hauenstein!

hysteric wrote:
EliasRafael wrote:
hysteric wrote:

Frank Duval - "Give Me Your Love / Ogon" 12" ..b-side of this is a space disco bomb!

nice one, but do you know his other Masterpieces: Onyx & What a Day ?

strange guy, a lot of his stuff was OST for German TV crime serials - Derrick & der Alte

Don't know the tracks you mentioned, not on youtube, so I guess they're more obscure.

He looks like a ghetto Kurt Hauenstein!

I can send you later, I have at least one mp3 of Onyx (the better one the both)

But if you search the net for "Mensch, Bachmann" you might have more luck, as it was the title theme "What a Day"

Europa has burned, and will burn again

J.J. Fad - Supersonic - The Album
Anne Clark - Hopeless Cases LP
Anne Clark - Changing Places LP
The Best Of Italo Disco Vol. 2
Mc Lane Explosion - Space Music LP
Gina X Performance - Do It Yourself / No G.D.M. 12"
Meco - Star Wars And Other Galactic Funk LP

BRUNO MOSTI "Zero gravity"

FRED VENTURA "Hold me"

smile

280 (edited by Scarface 2008-08-13 15:22:01)

Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight CD (Loeb): this one flew under my rader I guess...
Elektroids - Elektroworld CD (Warp)
Talko - Psyko Flash (Babalu): sealed
Various - Italo Boot Mix 2: know it so long but still great
Solid Strangers - Music In The Night (ZYX)
The Bogar - Night Drive (Discomagic): nice take on Georgio Moroder's - Night Drive (from soundtrack American Gigolo)
Amnesie - Turas (Proto): sealed
Joe Maran & DJ Girls (New York): second copy

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

jealous! wait. i've got both, but turas def. not sealed and talko on 7"only ...

282 (edited by waxHead 2008-08-13 15:31:30)

New Galaxian LP (the entire Droids - Star Peace LP + extra tracks)
New Musik - While You Wait (original Epic promo 12")

Oh, and one of the best purchases recently...

Michael Chapman - Lescudjack 12" on Criminal

JamesTRubotnik wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Saw more sealed of Turas going on e-bay... Looks like a fresh stash has been found.

"Are you loving?"

waxHead wrote:

did i miss something there? is this some sort of reissue? i'm happy with my star peace copy on barclay but wouldn't mind more tracks of the same sort...

Scarface wrote:
JamesTRubotnik wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Saw more sealed of Turas going on e-bay... Looks like a fresh stash has been found.

maybe the italo brigade hasn't sold everything yet... the sealed copy is going to be hard to play though big_smile

286 (edited by Scarface 2008-08-13 16:36:06)

JamesTRubotnik wrote:
Scarface wrote:
JamesTRubotnik wrote:

maybe the italo brigade hasn't sold everything yet... the sealed copy is going to be hard to play though big_smile

Something like that or there are more stashes throughout Italy, who knows... Experienced some diffulties playing a sealed record, yes...so I had to deflower her. :-(

"Are you loving?"

in many cases well ridden is better than virginal. no reason to keep that record sealed!

Just my thoughts, some collectors think different though. wink

"Are you loving?"

hehe nice one. almost forgot about that discussion.

290 (edited by waxHead 2008-08-13 18:12:03)

JamesTRubotnik wrote:
waxHead wrote:

did i miss something there? is this some sort of reissue? i'm happy with my star peace copy on barclay but wouldn't mind more tracks of the same sort...

Nope, it's definitely not a reissue.  It's an original pressing on Movie Play/Barclay from 1978 called New Galaxian.  The tracklisting matches Star Peace, but it says there's extra tracks from "Galaxian" - the video game, I'm guessing...?  The cover shows the Galaxian video game, so that has to be it.

Unlike the original Star Peace LP, which has 9 total tracks, this has a total of 13.  I just got it today, haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

waxHead wrote:
JamesTRubotnik wrote:
waxHead wrote:

Nope, it's definitely not a reissue.  It's an original pressing on Movie Play/Barclay from 1978 called New Galaxian.  The tracklisting matches Star Peace, but it says there's extra tracks from "Galaxian" - the video game, I'm guessing...?  The cover shows the Galaxian video game, so that has to be it.

Unlike the original Star Peace LP, which has 9 total tracks, this has a total of 13.  I just got it today, haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

yeah, saw it somebody offered it on ebay a few weeks back

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:
waxHead wrote:
JamesTRubotnik wrote:

yeah, saw it somebody offered it on ebay a few weeks back

Yep, that's where it came from wink  I didn't own the Star Peace LP yet, so when I saw this, I bid a bit more than I would've and won it.  Looks VG+/NM as well, pretty happy about it - now just need to hear how it sounds!

early morning bookmarket yesterday:
deodato -love island
salsoul orchestra - nice 'n naasty
leon russel - love making music
Frank Lucas / Margie Evans / Vernon Garrett - Good Thing Man / Good Thing Queen / I'M At The Crossroad

waxHead wrote:

Yep, that's where it came from wink  I didn't own the Star Peace LP yet, so when I saw this, I bid a bit more than I would've and won it.  Looks VG+/NM as well, pretty happy about it - now just need to hear how it sounds!

it ain't on discogs yet, is it? just wondering about the extra tracks...

de la soul - ring ring ring 7"
de la soul - eye know 7"

http://www.mattamation.com
miami bass, ghettotech & electro

JamesTRubotnik wrote:
waxHead wrote:

it ain't on discogs yet, is it? just wondering about the extra tracks...

Nah, it's not on Discogs yet, and I doubt it will be unless someone else picks up a copy.  I haven't bothered with Discogs since they rolled out v4 - I've picked quite a few releases which should be added, but that site has pissed me off to the point where I don't feel it's worth my time to submit anything any longer.

Regarding the different tracks...

As I don't own an original Droids - Star Peace LP, I'm not sure if the tracks on that are mixed together.  There are bunch of songs on this New Galaxian LP which have the Galaxian video game noises in them, but sound similar to the rest of the tracks on the record.  These also partially run into the other songs on the album, kind of like a DJ mix.  I wouldn't say the editor did a great job of it, but it's still kinda cool.  These don't have any titles, there's only a mention of other songs for the game "Galaxian".

Another top record I got recently:

Capuchino - Hell Dance With Me / Tomorrow (El Bailara Conmigo / Manana) - Gamma 12"

AWESOME tune!

waxHead wrote:

Nah, it's not on Discogs yet, and I doubt it will be unless someone else picks up a copy.  I haven't bothered with Discogs since they rolled out v4 - I've picked quite a few releases which should be added, but that site has pissed me off to the point where I don't feel it's worth my time to submit anything any longer.

As I don't own an original Droids - Star Peace LP, I'm not sure if the tracks on that are mixed together.  There are bunch of songs on this New Galaxian LP which have the Galaxian video game noises in them, but sound similar to the rest of the tracks on the record.  These also partially run into the other songs on the album, kind of like a DJ mix.  I wouldn't say the editor did a great job of it, but it's still kinda cool.  These don't have any titles, there's only a mention of other songs for the game "Galaxian".

makes me super curious! if that's not too personal to ask: how much did it cost you? also, maybe you could post one or the extra tracks somewhere someday....

regarding discogs: while there's still a lot of users around who actually know what a decent submission looks like and keep the shit entries at bay I have seen a sharp increase in submissions that would, in the old day and age, have been removed immediately. like this one user who submits half assed entries which link all over the place, introduce new labels and artists that have been there forever (like discomagic records! i mean how can you link that one incorrectly?) just to list them on the marketplace for 300+ euro.

JamesTRubotnik wrote:
waxHead wrote:

makes me super curious! if that's not too personal to ask: how much did it cost you? also, maybe you could post one or the extra tracks somewhere someday....

regarding discogs: while there's still a lot of users around who actually know what a decent submission looks like and keep the shit entries at bay I have seen a sharp increase in submissions that would, in the old day and age, have been removed immediately. like this one user who submits half assed entries which link all over the place, introduce new labels and artists that have been there forever (like discomagic records! i mean how can you link that one incorrectly?) just to list them on the marketplace for 300+ euro.

It was only 21.50 Euro shipped to the USA.  It's not in perfect shape, I'd say it's VG with some pops during play, but it really doesn't bother me too much.  If I hook up my computer again to record some songs, I'll try to record the extra tracks off this one.

Discogs took a sharp downhill turn when the two dumbasses running that site basically ignored all the warnings from their moderators.  Now that most of the original mods have left, Discogs seems like it's running on one leg from a data quality perspective.  I still use the Marketplace to buy and sell stuff, but the amount of crap submissions I see is incredible.  teo and nik sure screwed up that site when they changed the moderating system for v4.  They never offered to consider any of their users' opinions, and from the outside, it really looks like they put in v4 changes just to allow for easier submissions -> more Marketplace items -> more $$$$ for them.

I hope the new site being created by some older Discogs users ends up replacing it - and soon.

that's very much what i observe. while i'm not as bitter as some (mostly former mods) about the whole change i still see the general tendency to shit quality as a grave threat. i'm sure they could have increased the marketplace revenue without selling their grandmothers.

problem is, where to turn to? they have the most complete database to date...