Re: your last purchases of records

@ Herr Flick
"classic bassline,..."
-> ja, super funky! same goes for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMCX8LjYUs

"lyrics you want to sing along even tho' you don't speak italian.. absolute winner!"
-> so true!

that playback performance is der hammer! oh, mann... especially in the end when he is too early with doing his job, great!

"He even lipsyncs the part sung by the background singers big_smile!"
-> ha, ha, ha... crazy! but i think the "background singers" is also him, no?

@ MrWho
that side by side track on the dbs album is a dream! hmmm...

hey jogi

how much did this (Magic Sound "To Haldin") costed to you? I guess not a cheap one. But apart being super mega rare, is it any good?

Bipo - Why? (Jump Street)

Heil CBS

Dionne - Come Get My Lovin' 12"
Burundi Black - Burundi Black 12"
Mirage - Get Down 12"
Fake - Donna Rouge 12"
Data - Opera Electronica LP
Universal Energy - Universal Energy LP
Alexis Le-Tan & Jess - Space Oddities LP
Vladimir Cosma - Diva (Bande Originale Du Film) LP

Calice - Shaking Romance / Sado-Maso...

Fell in love with this after listening to FD's italo fetish mix and bought it from an e-bay shop..... Only to find out that the tracks used in the mix are edits (Shaking romance has been pitched up, and S-M has been pitched down). The tracks are still cool, but not really mixable in an ordinary italo set, so i guess this will stick to the decks at home.

Hmmm Flexx or Moustache or whoever should maybe release these edits as they relly kick ass!

So why can't you pitch 'em up/down on your turntable?

lärm macht spass!

632 (edited by kuczera 2008-10-23 14:06:44)

nanobot wrote:

Calice - Shaking Romance / Sado-Maso...

Fell in love with this after listening to FD's italo fetish mix and bought it from an e-bay shop..... Only to find out that the tracks used in the mix are edits (Shaking romance has been pitched up, and S-M has been pitched down). The tracks are still cool, but not really mixable in an ordinary italo set, so i guess this will stick to the decks at home.

Hmmm Flexx or Moustache or whoever should maybe release these edits as they relly kick ass!

maybe they are not made with a drum machine
so mixing isn't easy

Vlam Aan

@ DM & kuczera: Yes of course pitching IS possilble, and yes, both tracks are made with drummachines...

The problem is that Shaking Romance is REALLY slow paced (and with less 4/4 beats than in the FD mix).... The italo fetish mix from 5.50 to 6.55 mins is the least edited parts of the track and comes closest to the original record... Also, on the record the last part of the track explodes into this high-paced new wave frenzy.... So putting this track into a mix is a bit tricky since 1) I don't have many (if any?) records running in the same slow tempo, and 2) because the next track in the mix should be ready for mixing a.s.a.p. in order to avoid the new-wave bit

Sado-Maso, is pretty much un-edited in FD's mix, but still too fast on the record to naturally blend into other tracks. Even when it's pitched to -8.

But wtf, instead of writing whining arguments why it is difficult mixing the record i should probably go digging for tracks that would blend in nicely with both sides it wink

good idea nanobot. don't whine

nanobot wrote:

@ DM & kuczera: Yes of course pitching IS possilble, and yes, both tracks are made with drummachines...

The problem is that Shaking Romance is REALLY slow paced (and with less 4/4 beats than in the FD mix).... The italo fetish mix from 5.50 to 6.55 mins is the least edited parts of the track and comes closest to the original record... Also, on the record the last part of the track explodes into this high-paced new wave frenzy.... So putting this track into a mix is a bit tricky since 1) I don't have many (if any?) records running in the same slow tempo, and 2) because the next track in the mix should be ready for mixing a.s.a.p. in order to avoid the new-wave bit

Sado-Maso, is pretty much un-edited in FD's mix, but still too fast on the record to naturally blend into other tracks. Even when it's pitched to -8.

But wtf, instead of writing whining arguments why it is difficult mixing the record i should probably go digging for tracks that would blend in nicely with both sides it wink

ok.. sometimes 1,2,3 4 and gone is ok too.
mixing records together for like 3 min. can be boring
enjoy the record smile sounds like a good one to me

Vlam Aan

nanobot wrote:

...or make your own edit. wink

lärm macht spass!

deutschmark wrote:

Whoa, finally got my VOD pack with OMS and ADN.

the adn rox hard (esp the 1st&2nd 10")
would have hate to compare this to the Anna Logue one, but if i was marc, i'd ask for a partial refund wink

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

A.T.R.O.X. - "Water Tales" LP ..very nice italian synth-wave LP, bit like Victrola in style and theme.
Anyone got their other album?

e,r wrote:
deutschmark wrote:

would have hate to compare this to the Anna Logue one, but if i was marc, i'd ask for a partial refund wink

lol, completly agree

640 (edited by deutschmark 2008-10-24 08:23:31)

e,r wrote:
deutschmark wrote:

So I'm not the only one who thinks Minilab sucks?

lärm macht spass!

hysteric wrote:

A.T.R.O.X. - "Water Tales" LP ..very nice italian synth-wave LP, bit like Victrola in style and theme.
Anyone got their other album?

nice one wink   (hard to find!)

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

found "Patrick Vian - Bruits Et Temps Analogues" lp for 10 eus in a recordstore in madrid!

@ hysteric
"A.T.R.O.X. - "Water Tales" LP ..very nice italian synth-wave LP, bit like Victrola in style and theme."
-> i die for that overflow me track... so fucking good!

"Anyone got their other album?"
-> EliasRafael has it!

EliasRafael got everything

@ Agence Internationale
you never can have everything even if you are EliasRafael. so i would say almost...

Computer - Come and dance 7''....

Those were the days...

Agence Internationale wrote:

EliasRafael got everything

So EliasRafael is a real person? I always thought of him as some concept to freak people out and make them envious...:P

648 (edited by most complicated robot 2008-10-24 19:51:42)

who's eliasrafael? and why does he have everything?

btw: I bought stereo today, somewhere in the night, and c'zar

649 (edited by Bender 2008-10-24 22:13:12)

MenschMaschine wrote:

Get it here

Thx! But this one isn't complete, isn't it?

-> No Pluton & the Humanoids... compare... http://www.discogs.com/release/1319946

Btw: I also checked robotdj.net, but couldn't find the mix... strange it's available there now...

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1

2 nice 7"s from a trade:
Alex Fergusson - "Stay With Me Tonight"
Psychic Youth - "Step In Time"
smile