326 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-08 11:23:19)

Re: Objects Of Desire or according to Teep -> "Shit, that is damn sexy..."

Most of you here have (s)expensive taste. wink

What about drag racers...they can be damn sexy:

http://thegarageblog.com/garage/wp-content/uploads/challenger-green-500.jpg

http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/dodge-challenger-drag-race-package.jpg

"Are you loving?"

It's electric! All I need is a small home with solar panels and this baby and goodbye to the burning of fossil fuels!

http://static.flickr.com/3649/3387760121_f7924e1c78.jpg

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/index.php

damn.  i'd drive that shit.. should have a degree by 2011 so maybe this can be my present.. how does it fit 7 people?

Let me get this straight; this is a topic about "Objects of desire" and things that are "damn sexy" and nearly all posts are about cars? Do you guys& girls honestly find cars that "sexy"?

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/Rosanna%20Arquette%20Crash.jpg

It's not that I object, it's probably a lot better than finding children or animals sexy (though still a bit more dangerous than getting turned on by -say- leather or rubber or -heave forbid- the opposite/same sex) but it does strike me as slightly surprising that this topic has two or so pictures of women, none of men and a LOT of cars. As far as objects go I would have expected at least some synths and drum-machines.

Do you really all find cars to be "sexy"? Most of these cars are quite rare, did any of you ever drive in the kind of car you find "sexy"? Did that cause you to experience it as sexy or did that come before? Did any of you try driving a car you previously found sexy only to find the experience less satisfying than you imagined it? Are there any of you that find cars more sexy than you find the opposite/same sex?

Just curious.

330 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-10 22:38:31)

Cars looks more sexy than synths and drum-machines but synths and drum-machines sound more sexy.

Cars look more sexy than opposite/same sex? Difficult... Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. wink Would I fuck a car? No! Would I fuck in a car? Yes, why not. And in a sexy car? Hell yeah! Would be it be satisfying? Good chance it would!

edit: and b.t.w. title of thread is "objects of desire etc..." Or would you consider opposite/same sex as sexobjects?

Zachary Bosch wrote:

It's not that I object

But do you sexobject? wink

@dirtyblonde&rsprats
Fossil fuel is so 20th century... Electric is gonna be the way to impress the chicks and guys in the 21st century! smile

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Would I fuck a car? No!

Well, there is -of course- a lot more to the concept of "sexy" than fuckage. Otherwise we'd have a really hard time thinking of sexual acts between -say- "lesbian" women. maybe there are other acts that car-fetishists find more exciting than fucking other people. I don't know, I don't drive. Maybe revving or switching gears. I sometimes get the impression that slamming car doors closed is especially satisfying for some.

Thanks for your answers, I'm really quite curious about this, maybe mostly because I never really liked cars. The idea of fucking in a car sounds pritty unappealing to me, I think it's mostly a US idea where cars are larger and people are smaller. I wonder to what degree culture plays a role here. In mainstream culture there seems to be at least as much pressure to like cars as there is to behave in a hetro-normative way. "men's magazines" seem about 50/50 split between pictures of cars and pictures of women.

332 (edited by cebteq 2009-11-10 22:45:12)

I think not driving is sexy

...butseriously this is an old thread brought over from XBS that was only about cars

http://blog.infreedomscause.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/speeding01.jpg

now that's sexy.

cuties don't exert

Scarface wrote:

Or would you consider opposite/same sex as sexobjects?

Not me, no, but I definitely get the impression that this happens a lot. I think that for some people a objectification makes other people *more* not less attractive. If we look at magazines like Playboy and so on then I'd say the photoshopping process certainly has a aspect of objectification and I don't think that'd be done if that didn't lead to more excitement in the target audience.

cebteq wrote:

I think not driving is sexy

...butseriously this is an old thread brought over from XBS that was only about cars

Ah, I didn't know that. I thought it was about experiencing objects as "sexual". Right, I'll be gone then, I don't really know anything about cars :-).

336 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-10 23:07:28)

Ha ha...there's more to sexy than fuckage ofcourse. But cars (slamming their door, shifting their gears etc.) can be just as well be an turn on (but for most different I guess) as looking at opposite/same sex. There are a lot of similarities for example the cute ass on a car for example or the headlights (eyes, tits?).

I live in Holland (not American) but yes maybe I'm influencend by American car-culture to think that the idea of fucking in a car would be sexy. Wouldn't know if that's typical American though. Could just as well be European or Asian to me.

"Are you loving?"

Zachary Bosch wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Or would you consider opposite/same sex as sexobjects?

Not me, no, but I definitely get the impression that this happens a lot. I think that for some people a objectification makes other people *more* not less attractive. If we look at magazines like Playboy and so on then I'd say the photoshopping process certainly has a aspect of objectification and I don't think that'd be done if that didn't lead to more excitement in the target audience.

You sound like you studied this subject....interesting. Objectification.....hmmm yes I'm subject to get excited by that too I guess...

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

I live in Holland (not American) but yes maybe I'm influencend by American car-culture to think that the idea of fucking in a car would be sexy. Wouldn't know if that's typical American though. Could just as well be European or Asian to me.

I suppose it depends on your size; normal office chairs are way too small for me and car chairs are about half their height. Keeping people in uncomfortable positions for extended amounts of time is illegal to do to prisoners of war but for car passengers it seems peachy keen. To me being in a car is mostly about zoning out and waiting until it's over, but of course sex without involving cars can be like that as well so I suppose I can't really base a argument on that :-).

You sound like you studied this subject....interesting. Objectification.....hmmm yes I'm subject to get excited by that too I guess...

Oh, yes, it's endlessly fascinating to me.

I suppose that we do have to wonder at what stage we consider something "sexual". my joystick (see left) definitely say "grab me" to me when I see it and to me it's a pritty darn attractive looking object, but not really something that gives me a hard-on as such. More of a "playful cuddle" than a "fuck" thing. (cue phallic jokes in 3, 2, 1...)

339 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-10 23:48:25)

Zachary Bosch wrote:
Scarface wrote:

I suppose it depends on your size; normal office chairs are way too small for me and car chairs are about half their height. Keeping people in uncomfortable positions for extended amounts of time is illegal to do to prisoners of war but for car passengers it seems peachy keen. To me being in a car is mostly about zoning out and waiting until it's over, but of course sex without involving cars can be like that as well so I suppose I can't really base a argument on that :-).

Gee, if you think of all those disadvantages (too small, too short, too long) no way you're going to have sex in a car or get excited... smile For me it's even more a fantasy, not something I even want to do in real life (maybe in a van with a lot a space indeed).

Zachary Bosch wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Oh, yes, it's endlessly fascinating to me.

I suppose that we do have to wonder at what stage we consider something "sexual". my joystick (see left) definitely say "grab me" to me when I see it and to me it's a pritty darn attractive looking object, but not really something that gives me a hard-on as such. More of a "playful cuddle" than a "fuck" thing. (cue phallic jokes in 3, 2, 1...)

There's definitely a difference between sexy and sexual. Maybe that's what causing some confusion here...

"Are you loving?"

@ Zachary Bosch
is that you, Kassen?

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/rmiah/2007/07/31/crash1.jpg

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ Zachary Bosch
is that you, Kassen?

I can't help but find this post quite funny.
Yeah.
--Kas.

Scarface wrote:

Gee, if you think of all those disadvantages (too small, too short, too long) no way you're going to have sex in a car or get excited... smile

Well, I can think of more exciting things that being folded up with my knees hurting after a few hours. If we're going to talk about fantasies, why not take something like a space-shuttle? More space, 0G makes a lot more positions possible and the crashes are about a million times more orgasmic. What's not to love?

344 (edited by black shape 2009-11-11 11:36:36)

http://www.bmwism.com/alpinas%20bmw/bmw_2800_alpina_side_view_.jpg
http://www.bmwism.com/alpinas%20bmw/alpina_3_0_cs_side_rear_view.jpg

345 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-11 10:34:06)

Zachary Bosch wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Gee, if you think of all those disadvantages (too small, too short, too long) no way you're going to have sex in a car or get excited... smile

Well, I can think of more exciting things that being folded up with my knees hurting after a few hours. If we're going to talk about fantasies, why not take something like a space-shuttle? More space, 0G makes a lot more positions possible and the crashes are about a million times more orgasmic. What's not to love?

Somehow I think you're doing something wrong in that car with your knees folded up etc. wink Why not open the doors for more space or something? A car has also a special kind of intimacy that can bring arousement. There's all kinds of sex possible. Not necessarily the kinds that take a lot of space (I don't have to draw a picture I guess). If it's about fantasies you can live out your wildest dreams ofcourse. Space shuttle? Yeah why not. Though that may not that intimate or part of every day life as a car. I'm not planning to crash (car or space shuttle) also. I leave that to David Cronenberg and his actors in his movies (fantasy).

Well I shut up now cause in the end sex is something you just do and not talk about. smile

"Are you loving?"

I hear there is a racket in hookers on aeroplanes, making money off blokes wanting to join the mile high club. Reasonably practical to achieve I suppose - organise it with the hooker beforehand, supply the tickets, liase somewhere in the air.

Scarface; you're wrong. There's more talking about sex, than sex itself

Strictly Rockaas

348 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-11 14:30:13)

Obi1r wrote:

Scarface; you're wrong. There's more talking about sex, than sex itself

Yes that may be but in the end (and at the beginning) it's about the act.

It's like a footbalmatch. There's much bla bla before and after the game which can be great. But if there wasn't/going to be a match there's is no blabla also. wink

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Somehow I think you're doing something wrong in that car with your knees folded up etc. wink Why not open the doors for more space or something?

Oh. sorry, the hurting knees was about simply driving long distance. That means no open doors. Usually.

A car has also a special kind of intimacy that can bring arousement.

Yeah, I could see that. I think, BTW, that cars are the last place where many people still have some privacy. That should explain why gas-stations sell so much pr0n and some time ago I even noticed gas-stations selling pregnancy tests.

Well I shut up now cause in the end sex is something you just do and not talk about. smile

Oh, yes, not too much could be said about simple acts like copulation. What I do find really interesting is how sex touches upon culture and cognition science (and so on). It's quite fascinating to me that cars have this association to many. One friend of mine regularly describes a certain kind of bass-line as "sexy"; why? What sounds and notes would I need to use to present him with a bassline unlike the ones he called "sexy" before but still "sexy" to him? Where do these links come from? Do girls -for example- find different things about cars or even different cars "sexy" than boys? Why do we use those terms for cars and not things like "sweet", "crunchy" and "savoury"?

That kind of thing we can talk about, the actual acts -as Foucault famously put it- are quite boring (to talk about, at least). It's not even just about sex, for example the Unimog (to get back to cars) is one of the toughest things you could drive on the open road (it can pull a train-wagon, for example, try that with a SUV) yet to me they still look "cute". Analytically speaking it makes no sense that a diesel-powered monster with 25 gears would look "cute" but subjectively I'd almost try to cuddle them. Isn't that really a bit odd?

http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/1972_Mercedes_Benz_UNIMOG_406_4x4_Diesel_Truck_Front_1.jpg

Anyway, enough of my obsessions, at least I too posted a picture of a car now.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/fetishes.png

Zachary Bosch wrote:

One friend of mine regularly describes a certain kind of bass-line as "sexy"; why? What sounds and notes would I need to use to present him with a bassline unlike the ones he called "sexy" before but still "sexy" to him? Where do these links come from? Do girls -for example- find different things about cars or even different cars "sexy" than boys? Why do we use those terms for cars and not things like "sweet", "crunchy" and "savoury"?

Moral decay? smile I don't know. It's just a another buzzword I think which has "sex" (sounds buzzy) in it but has lost its connection/meaning with the word (sex) where it comes from. Same with for instance "fuck you" which is not meant with to really fuck (as in copulate with) you etc.

"Are you loving?"