Re: I-F: lecture at the Red Bull academy

This lecture still feeds its purpose of spreading the word probably but more for starters or people who never heard about Ferenc and his activities (and I'm not being eletistic now). Most people on this forum already know this story. To me it's more like: nice to see Ference explain it once more but he is not telling anything I already heard somewhere else. So, probably not for the freaks on this forum who want to hear Ferenc telling something new. Not a reason for them to be disrepectful towards the "new crowd" though I understand their reactions about the lameness of the interviewer and some of the crowd there.

"Are you loving?"

77 (edited by C. 2008-10-28 10:49:32)

Kenzaburo wrote:

Comments like

I bet that guy was skribbling stuff like "All I wanted was minimal and Red Bull made me sit here and listen to this strange man...:-((((((((((".

Really make me see red and shows just how close minded some of the people on this forum are. You underestimate people... Yeah that Roberto Auser guy was in the academy last year I think. And Legowelt was also there one time...

Did I say it was a bad thing to like minimal? How do you know I dislike minimal and underestimate people who like minimal? IMO, my comment is pretty neutral. Face the facts, there are people who prefer minimal to the stuff played by I-F and that's all the above comment states, I'm not saying that X is superior to Y. Calm down, won't you? smile

And tell me - are you the interviewer or the guy who took notes?

waterwolf wrote:

and some of you guys don't want to hear that I-f was probably talking about YOU when he mentioned that people were not able to handle the diversity of cbs radio.

Does this make sense? After all, we were the ones listening to the CBS on a regular basis, weren't we?

I don't know you and I don't know how much time you've spent listening and I actually don't care. I was just wondering about so much complaining and moaning about one lecture - at least there is someone who makes the world know that there is "your scene" and "your music" somewhere.
does the fact that you don't know who the interviewer is or who the girl from the audience is makes you "douchebag" as well?

12 pages

It's all about the bassline!

Heil CBS

Jesus, calm down guys. And no there isnt any point in taking notes when the damn thing is being videotaped

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

how do you know he was taking notes? maybe he was just drawing, tagging or makin doodles on the paper. I know i can't sit down listening without doodling (if there's paper and a pencil in front of me)

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

Hey, it's a free world. If someone wants to take notes, let him/her, geez....how anal can one get about something so unimportant.. Shut up about this or I'll take notes of the next one who brings up the "notes-subject" again. tongue

"Are you loving?"

no, I mean, I love you all guys, almost all, but god, you're really a bunch of nerds.

Good point nixxon, cause im actually the same with that. This topic is going to hell in a handbasket anyways, but i guess many realized that a few pages back...

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

(sigh) well, yep. looks really like "one of those topics" big_smile

its kinda pathetic pandering to the media
shoulda stayed unerground

the people in the audience are likely to be friends of those who work for redbull.  they were asked if they were up to anything that afternoon and if they wanted to listen to a techno dj talk. they probably arent that into techo but agreed to show up.
the ones taking notes are lilkely to be writting for some shitty free magazine that normally publishes silly comments that annoy the true heads, but so long as they get advertising revenue and so long as they show they are underground enough and hip enough to warrent the ad revenue then they are happy.

but you usually have to know someone who works for redbull to get into one of these sort of events. i know because i knew someone who worked for redbull here in t.dot and thats how all their events worked; make a big hype when something is going down but only let your friends and media in, never the true heads.

hmm

it wasn't anything hugely interesting i thought, for most of us here that already know etc but still if it creates publicity for IFM it is a good thing.

thanks for posting though Agence, there are a load of other talks on there that i shall listen to once i can get round to it

keep hackney crap

schmoltz wrote:

(sigh) well, yep. looks really like "one of those topics" big_smile

Yep. A little riddle concerning this.

Question: What do you get when mixing RB with CBS? Well?

Answer: RCBS = Red Cybernetic BullShit

"Are you loving?"

these topics just aren't the same without Bias' input.

Please stop wasting bandwith, thanx.

94 (edited by Scarface 2008-10-28 20:05:03)

Dez wrote:

these topics just aren't the same without Bias' input.

oh yes, he was the light in my life roll

"Are you loving?"

people miss bias more than they do I-f

cebteq wrote:

people miss bias more than they do I-f

Don't count on me with that statement!

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

what's the disco track he plays at about 45 minutes?

i know he says the name of the song after it, but it's kinda hard to hear what he's saying, and i can't tell if that's just the title of the song or the name of the artist...

98 (edited by Scarface 2008-10-28 23:40:38)

[eletist mode]I don't tell, I like to keep it all to myself[/eletist mode]

^^ Just kiddin'. The "push button instant happiness record" is Number One Ensemble - Back To Heaven.

"Are you loving?"

funny enough he mentioned that thing with the many styles changes on the cbs ..i loved it, acid, then electro, then soundtracks and so on. when i was worked mostly alone or whit only one colleague it was no problem (exept when the boss was there)
right now we listen to fucking normal radio at the office. for all who dont do that: its MUCH worse u EVER can think.
since 4 weeks, EVERYDAY the same music. REALLY every day! every day one pet shop boys track (80% of days: west end girls, rest its a sin and go west) EVERYDAY a track from the dirty dancing soundtrack (80% time of my life, 20% shes like the wind) only 3 new songs (i kissed a girl and 2 more) also the other stuff: allways the same.since 4WEEKS. i guess there is a plan behinfd it. they want hold us stupid.

Every Friday Night We Dress In Black

100 (edited by Vomatron 2008-10-28 23:54:05)

I always understood this as being more of a problem of italo-domination. The disco freaks would often leave when something too radical appeared. At least i know this to be the case with a few people i know, they could never get into cbs cause of this. There always seemed to be more tolerance of the cheese than the other way around. Correct me if im wrong in these thoughts. And yeah commercial radio really is brainwashing.