101 (edited by jacderida 2008-10-29 00:28:48)

Re: I-F: lecture at the Red Bull academy

thanks scarface, loving it smile.

edit, and yeah, commercial radio sucks. i had to put up with listening to Chris Moyles on radio 1 in the UK when i was getting a ride to work in the morning, and that was only for 30 minutes. same tunes day in day out, when they bothered to actually play something and not just talk crap for 15 minutes at a time.

i've started taking the bus now, so i don't need to listen to it anymore smile.

the DJs on these shows are more just like 'personalities' as opposed to 'real' DJs who're actually interested in finding and exposing people to music.

elec pt.1 wrote:

funny enough he mentioned that thing with the many styles changes on the cbs ..i loved it, acid, then electro, then soundtracks and so on. when i was worked mostly alone or whit only one colleague it was no problem (exept when the boss was there)
right now we listen to fucking normal radio at the office. for all who dont do that: its MUCH worse u EVER can think.
since 4 weeks, EVERYDAY the same music. REALLY every day! every day one pet shop boys track (80% of days: west end girls, rest its a sin and go west) EVERYDAY a track from the dirty dancing soundtrack (80% time of my life, 20% shes like the wind) only 3 new songs (i kissed a girl and 2 more) also the other stuff: allways the same.since 4WEEKS. i guess there is a plan behinfd it. they want hold us stupid.

You're so right.

I've only really begun to uncomfortably notice this since I came out to France to study till December; I have to take the bus for 40 mins in the morning, at different times between 8-10 am = always the same fucking anodyne songs. every day. The list you gave there is scary, in how it could just as easily be transfered to what I'm faced with, save a few truly atrocious French soft-rock ballads - they sometimes sound so bad it feels like somekind of chirping-psychosis torture. And if I'm lucky enough to be spared the discomfort on the journey in for whatever reason, then the chances are that I'll get the same unfortunate medleys in the university cafe later that morning. How I curse the day that my iPod broke; unfortunately still at least two months braving the horrors of unwelcome commercial radio before I can choose to block it out again...

103 (edited by disco train 2008-10-29 05:41:23)

elec pt.1 wrote:

right now we listen to fucking normal radio at the office. for all who dont do that: its MUCH worse u EVER can think.
since 4 weeks, EVERYDAY the same music. REALLY every day! every day one pet shop boys track (80% of days: west end girls, rest its a sin and go west) EVERYDAY a track from the dirty dancing soundtrack (80% time of my life, 20% shes like the wind) only 3 new songs (i kissed a girl and 2 more) also the other stuff: allways the same.since 4WEEKS. i guess there is a plan behinfd it. they want hold us stupid.

That still sounds much better than the office I once worked at, where they played WDR 4 (Volksmusik) everyday. And when the radio was off, no one talked anyhow. It was rather complete silence or WDR 4. The department I worked in was  "Normung", situated in the basement, no sunlight, no heating, nothing. I still wonder if no one ever realised that I occasionally fell asleep in front of my computer from time to time or if just no one was saying something.

WDR 4 is hell, nothing but hell!

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

the lecture went pretty good atleast compared to the don buchla lecture on that site. check it out.. painful!

Monkey see, monkey do.

ITALOMASTER wrote:

lol, been there

Vlam Aan

Watched the legowelt lecture last night, which is great. The interviewer and crowd were totally made up about smackos. Good entertainment smile

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

108 (edited by Sander 2008-10-29 17:14:24)

I don't listen any music at work. I like it to be quiet. I can play everything if I want. We sometimes just go on youtube and play some stuff and once in a while an online readio station or cd is played, but mostly just quiet.

109 (edited by Cray 2008-10-29 17:37:56)

biotek wrote:

the lecture went pretty good atleast compared to the don buchla lecture on that site. check it out.. painful!

lol @ at 44:40 - 45:10

That interviewer seems reaaaaaaaaaaalllly interested and above all "dynamic" uh///

111 (edited by xebeche 2008-10-29 19:17:35)

I-f , Daniel Wang , Greg Wilson interviewer could be James Lipton's (inside actors studio) son lol , but in all seriousness most of those are interviews , ive seen a few and Daniel Wang's is closet to lecture.  Lecture is quite interesting and funny.

Tottieheid wrote:

How I curse the day that my iPod broke;

next time buy an iriver
http://www.iriver.eu.com/

had mine since 2003 and it still works fine with play time of 6 - 8 hours.
dropped it several times (couple times from up high onto marbel floors) and nothing has broken or been damaged.

often i hear of people complaining of their ipod breaking weeks after purchase, and i am glad that i bought something that lasts.

ITALOMASTER wrote:

Well, Flimmerkiste on Sunday can be quite entertaining and listening to Chris Howland is less damaging than EinsLive.

ITALOMASTER wrote:

like 100% NL here in the netherlands. I quited a job because the company only listened to that station...

Plat0r wrote:
Tottieheid wrote:

next time buy an iriver

dropped it several times (couple times from up high onto marbel floors) and nothing has broken or been damaged.

often i hear of people complaining of their ipod breaking weeks after purchase, and i am glad that i bought something that lasts.

Duly noted; thanks for the heads-up! smile I'm having a look at that site just now; though my iPod had lived a fairly long life of incessant use w/rough & tumble, I've heard plenty of those same stories too...but all of 5 years; good to hear about durable alternatives!

Tottieheid wrote:
Plat0r wrote:
Tottieheid wrote:

next time buy an iriver

Duly noted; thanks for the heads-up! smile I'm having a look at that site just now; though my iPod had lived a fairly long life of incessant use w/rough & tumble, I've heard plenty of those same stories too...but all of 5 years; good to hear about durable alternatives!

haha i know this is gone waaaay off topic but im off to get one tomorrow now. thanks.

link to your lecture danny?

GREETZ!

SLEEK wrote:

link to your lecture danny?

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/vide … ing_bricks

i enjoyed it. though the comments about douchebags, them and us etc very poor. so the audience wasn't the most clued up well so what. remember know one here was born with a vast knowledge of italo, disco, electro etc. its good that the red bull asked i-f to lecture, they are obviously aware to a degree of whats going on. i think a bit of involvement with things a bit more mainstream can do no harm. i want to see IFM become a real success instead of an underground thing for a few 100 robots!

^ *thumbs up*

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

Where does this idea about wanting the music to be limited to some kind of elite come from? Just because some here didnt see things go down extremely well with this lecture, i dont that many disapproving of it altogether? Talking for myself i love to introduce people to music, but if they arent somewhat receptive to it already, i just dont bother. But like said, this does go out further than the audience in that room, just merely making the point that girls in nirvana shirts doing the king tut dance isnt exactly the best on-the spot crowd you can have in that situation.

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

at least you cant say we aren't trying smile

interesting points of view...recently saw a tvshow regarding all types of artistic cultures regarding " Value & Success "
....If nowadays these two can work together ????

Theres people that love music and are musically diverse that are respectful towards new music and gaining musical knowledge.

There are people that settle with the daily radio and those that dive deep in search for music from all levels.

These people were disrespectful you cant deny it. and when you say that people are not born with the knowledge yeah true but at least you can do is be respectful to the person that made that music. especially if that person is sitting in front of you or on youtube for that matter. sleeping and mocking a persons art when there taking the time to give you knowledge is very rude.

I myself don't like all music that is made but there is plenty of good music out there and i believe if you do love music you should take time and explore the many points of sound.

there are people that love music are open minded and those that are not. thats what i mean by us and them.

the average joe dosn't love music as much a real robot does. smile

GREETZ!

thanks victor for the link!

GREETZ!