Re: another expensive record

if anyone bothers that Joy Division record remained unsold.. the highest bid was 821 GBP and it haven't met the reserved price

lärm macht spass!

277 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-03 00:20:40)

@raoul
"i think i know from which collection these came."
-> So you were also in the mailinglist?
"my funds were inadequate to get the whole collection, so i gave up and also didn't bother to bid on individual items"
-> So it's all or nothing to you (that's extreme)? why not get the ones you can afford (that's what I did)?

@Ray van Mechelen
"On the contrary Scarface: for our fellow discogger trans-it these are waaaaaaay too cheap, he wouldn't have bought them."
-> Yes, to some it's never enough. smile

@Dolcevita
"which collection it was?"
I promised not to tell but it's from a collector from the first hour who's got a woman (that's mostly a good reason to get rid of your records it seems) and went digital (CD)....

@jamesTRubotnik
"secret squirrel stash"
-> Stash is not so stashy anymore I guess (sold) and yes I promised not to tell.

"Are you loving?"

Danny Keith - Love Me Again (Crash) 70

279 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-03 11:27:07)

@complicated robot
It's taste ofcouse (for instance I like scorta/pertini dance and body power/nothing a lot and you don't). There's a funny "realisation" that happens when you finally got some of your holy grails. So now I got this record which costed me more money but can I hear it? Most of the time the answer is: no this could just as well be a 2euro record. What to think of Mr. Rocambole - I've Got Your Soul? This could be just as well be Ryan Paris - Dolce Vita (which you can find in almost every shop here). I try to listen to the music and not to look at its rarety though and sometimes I'm willing to pay the price. I'm not the one who likes to wait until eternity till my wanted record comes along for cheap (life's too short for that). I can make compromises up to a certain point.

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

@complicated robot
It's taste ofcouse (for instance I like scorta/pertini dance and body power/nothing a lot and you don't). There's a funny "realisation" that happens when you finally got some of your holy grails. So now I got this record which costed me more money but can I hear it? Most of the time the answer is: no this could just as well be a 2euro record. What to think of Mr. Rocambole - I've Got Your Soul? This could be just as well be Ryan Paris - Dolce Vita (which you can find in almost every shop here). I try to listen to the music and not to look at its rarety though and sometimes I'm willing to pay the price. I'm not the one who likes to wait until eternity till my wanted record comes along for cheap (life's too short for that). I can make compromises up to a certain point.

I'm not the one who likes to wait until eternity till my wanted record comes along for cheap (life's too short for that)

word, I do the same, can't wait too long. But you realizing the record you bought doesn't sound all the money you spend happen to me as well. I got texas johnny long time a go for about 100 usd, I'm happy to have it, but certainly it doesn't sound all the money I got in it. Mr. rocambole as well, I wouldn't bother about that record if it wasn't so rare. In fact I had it but gave it away. And with time I'm realizing that my collection is full of records that I bought, cheap or expensive, just because I know they were rare. It's a sick thing, if you ask me.

most complicated robot wrote:
Scarface wrote:

@complicated robot

I'm not the one who likes to wait until eternity till my wanted record comes along for cheap (life's too short for that)

word, I do the same, can't wait too long. But you realizing the record you bought doesn't sound all the money you spend happen to me as well. I got texas johnny long time a go for about 100 usd, I'm happy to have it, but certainly it doesn't sound all the money I got in it. Mr. rocambole as well, I wouldn't bother about that record if it wasn't so rare. In fact I had it but gave it away. And with time I'm realizing that my collection is full of records that I bought, cheap or expensive, just because I know they were rare. It's a sick thing, if you ask me.

"It's a sick thing, if you ask me."

Yes, a sick thing and buying holy grails for "realisation" is a cure for now (but for how long?).

"Are you loving?"

(but for how long?)

who knows, at 33 I'm getting there now, slowly.

"At 36 still shows italosickness deep within, though cured for a while now after buying some holy grails."

From Scarface's medical files. ;-)

"Are you loving?"

dolcevita wrote:

cool, Scarface - all bought in one action? You got some extra money from stockmarket manipulation?

regarding LICHT UND BLINDHEIT:

the original release is the one and only which was limited and is very expensive.

all others are represses from the 80ies and 90ies - some of them are also quite scarce but not in the same category ...

true. i believe the original is 1500 numbered copies limited.

but this is another reason i'd never buy something like this from ebay: the only way to distinguish the original from some of the represses are the colours of the insert and the matrix numbers on the vinyl. and none of this is mentioned in the ebay post..

maybe one reason why it was not sold: no insert was shown ...

i hate soccer

more Joy Division fun.

http://cgi.ebay.de/JOY-DIVISION-AN-IDEA … 2%26ps%3D6

Europa has burned, and will burn again

http://shop.ebay.com/freestylemaniac/m. … ksid=p3686

pheew, quite a few expensive records there.

i hear you

yes our friend freestylemaniac. careful with the grading though, he's a bit optimistic (for his benefit of course). not entirely off the scale but still not 100% to the standard.

I see some bidding going on there, means people are willing

JamesTRubotnik wrote:

yes our friend freestylemaniac. careful with the grading though, he's a bit optimistic (for his benefit of course). not entirely off the scale but still not 100% to the standard.

I've read some questionable stuff about freestylemaniac's grading, but b/c he's been selling for years on a number of different sites and delivers rare stuff, he gets unbelievable bids.  I've seen the same record he'd sell one day at +$200 USD sell for $30 the next from some other seller (this happened w/in the last year).  People fall for the most unbelievable stuff when they read his descriptions, I just don't get it.  At least it's not my money he's getting wink

I see some bidding going on there, means people are willing

"A fool and his money are soon parted." wink

word

sometimes I fell in the very same category ... shit

Thats why I cant be arsed with ebay - ridiculous blurbs and astronomical/unjustified prices & bids. 
Its like an online looky looky man.

DONT SLEEP! RARE! SECRET!
HOLY FUCK THERES ONLY THREE IN EXISTENCE!

Your Only Chance To Get This Extremely Rare Record!

i am jealous about his income: he makes in 3 auction days what i earn in the whole month ...
but now he is also suffering from the bad dollar rate, haha.

1000 USD = 800 Euro some years ago

1000 USD = 600 Euro soon

i hate soccer

Basic Aly wrote:

Thats why I cant be arsed with ebay - ridiculous blurbs and astronomical/unjustified prices & bids. 
Its like an online looky looky man.

DONT SLEEP! RARE! SECRET!
HOLY FUCK THERES ONLY THREE IN EXISTENCE!

And too many times when he pulls away the cloth, you've paid a bunch of money for a turd.  I can see it now with all the buyers...

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag … 07a443.jpg

dolcevita wrote:

i am jealous about his income: he makes in 3 auction days what i earn in the whole month ...
but now he is also suffering from the bad dollar rate, haha.

No kidding!  The guy must be rolling in the dough.  Though maybe not, depending on what he pays for some of this stuff.

word

sometimes I fell in the very same category ... shit

Definitely happened to me before, many times.  In this case, one time is once too many!

OXO - buy it now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … SS:US:1123

Europa has burned, and will burn again

haha ilario needs a vacation

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:

haha ilario needs a vacation

We'd better send this link to our dear trans-it on discogs, it's super expensive so then he will be willing to buy it smile

"A Real Music Hater"