Re: another expensive record

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
kuczera wrote:

haha ilario needs a vacation

We'd better send this link to our dear trans-it on discogs, it's super expensive so then he will be willing to buy it smile

Quite a guy, that trans-it.

waxHead wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
kuczera wrote:

haha ilario needs a vacation

We'd better send this link to our dear trans-it on discogs, it's super expensive so then he will be willing to buy it smile

yep, he's a "monster" wink

"A Real Music Hater"

@ Ray Van Mechelen
"yep, he's a "monster" wink"
-> lol

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
waxHead wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

yep, he's a "monster" wink

Couldn't have said it better myself big_smile

305 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2009-11-15 21:34:14)

Let's quote him, really enjoyed this topic from him:

which monsters you think you bought for bargain prices compared with their ultra high average price histories??

for me:

sensitive- driving ($567)
limit eccitation- in the dark ($510)
patrol invisible ($486)
roby totondo- for your love ($400)
david gray- let's dance tonight ($362)

The rest of the topic is very cool too: http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/197787

You gotta love that guy!

"A Real Music Hater"

306 (edited by waxHead 2009-11-16 16:13:17)

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

Let's quote him, really enjoyed this topic from him:

which monsters you think you bought for bargain prices compared with their ultra high average price histories??

for me:

sensitive- driving ($567)
limit eccitation- in the dark ($510)
patrol invisible ($486)
roby totondo- for your love ($400)
david gray- let's dance tonight ($362)

The rest of the topic is very cool too: http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/197787

You gotta love that guy!

I think trans-it drank too much of the popsike.com kool-aid:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images/kool-aid-man.jpg

that thread on discogs has quite a "penis comparison" factor to it

308 (edited by waxHead 2009-11-16 17:38:54)

JamesTRubotnik wrote:

that thread on discogs has quite a "penis comparison" factor to it

LOL!  Yeah, it does.  I contributed to the whole mess, for better or worse I don't know.

and he's so proud the HE, yes HIM, TRANS-IT, is the man who bought Moskou - Come Back for over 2000 USD, I really love that guy!

"A Real Music Hater"

310 (edited by raoul 2009-11-17 12:11:17)

i wonder if people that pay such amounts really enjoy playing those records, or does it become more of an investment item.
not a good investment if you ask me, because it depends on a very small amount of people who might lose interest, and then you investment goes up in air.

311 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-17 12:30:34)

Beter duur dan niet te koop, zegguh ze welus. (Better expensive than not for sale they sometimes say).

Allow this man/boy (?) his pleasure, I'd say. Just because we knakenpoetsers don't want to spend such amounts on italo, does this give us the right to make fun of him?! I sense some (penis?)envy from you in this...

This thread on R4r has a large knakenpoetsers-factor to it. wink

"Are you loving?"

raoul wrote:

i wonder if people that pay such amounts really enjoy playing those records, or does it become more of an investment item.
not a good investment if you ask me, because it depends on a very small amount of people who might lose interest, and then you investment goes up in air.

thats true.

look at most italos & prices: the climax is over and what in 10 or 15 years?

most of the "italo-maniacs" i know are between mid 30ies and mid 40-ies and having fun now and a good income to invest in this passion

but then they are 50 or 60 years old ...

is moskow come back still sexy for grandpas?

i hate soccer

313 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-17 12:47:48)

dolcevita wrote:
raoul wrote:

thats true.

look at most italos & prices: the climax is over and what in 10 or 15 years?

most of the "italo-maniacs" i know are between mid 30ies and mid 40-ies and having fun now and a good income to invest in this passion

but then they are 50 or 60 years old ...

is moskow come back still sexy for grandpas?

Ofcourse it's not an investment. It's a (crazy!) passion. You only live once, right? If you're gonna think what records will do when you're a grandpa, that's not good I think.  But if I look at my dad (almost 65) or other older people they still listen to the records from their youth so even if you look at it that way it's a good (though crazy I agree) "future-investment".

And what we're talking about is one of the most sought after records by 30/40 year old italo-nerds so...

"Are you loving?"

i must agree i'm not rich, so i probably wouldn't care for a couple of thousand euro's more or less for records if i had the money.
in that respect: to each his own...

315 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2009-11-17 14:44:30)

Scarface wrote:

And what we're talking about is one of the most sought after records by 30/40 year old italo-nerds so...

Really? I didn't know that until it was sold for that amount a couple of months ago, is there other italo stuff that is "worth" that money? I know the original Oxo and Karl Olivas is very expensive too but damned, 2500 euro is a lot, to say the least. As a matter of fact, I do like that song but I never knew it was that hard to find and expensive (although he had to bid against Italoheaven which is always over the top). You guys know a lot more about italo than I do, which one is the most hard to find? I'm just curious.

And yes: to each his own, it's just that trans-it can be very funy sometimes smile

"A Real Music Hater"

i'd rather spend that kind of cash on coke or ass

317 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-17 23:02:18)

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Really? I didn't know that until it was sold for that amount a couple of months ago, is there other italo stuff that is "worth" that money? I know the original Oxo and Karl Olivas is very expensive too but damned, 2500 euro is a lot, to say the least. As a matter of fact, I do like that song but I never knew it was that hard to find and expensive (although he had to bid against Italoheaven which is always over the top). You guys know a lot more about italo than I do, which one is the most hard to find? I'm just curious.

And yes: to each his own, it's just that trans-it can be very funy sometimes smile

My (deeper) knowledge is also only from the last ten years of surfing on the net etc. Visiting italo-nerdish sites and viewing what people have on their wantlist or personal top 10 or so. And that Moskow-record I've seen on a lot of lists never knowing what the fuzz is all about then. So in that "gesloten cirkel" it's much hyped probably. People or groups of people create their own holy grails so to say. In that perspective it's very understandable that if you look at this from the outside, spending a couple of thousand euro's on a piece of vinyl can look outrageous. That transit had probably some money left on the bank and followed his (hyped?) italoheart. Can you blame him?

Well just listen (very hard) and try to understand...still working on it myself... wink

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpe85M69aXU[/youtube]

"Are you loving?"

While I am still trying to understand about Sensitive, Karl Olivas and Moskau, I just think OXO is an unbelievable track with cross over potential to much more than Italo nerds

Europa has burned, and will burn again

JamesTRubotnik wrote:

i'd rather spend that kind of cash on coke or ass

Like said, to each his/her own.

Personally I don't do coke or hooker-stuff (don't you feel dirty after that?).

With a few thousand more it would be a new (small) car for me or some pieces to begin a studio...

"Are you loving?"

even maskio can appreciate some sex and drugs and rock and roll

maskio?

"Are you loving?"

Ah, the youtubeclip in your profile explains it.

"Are you loving?"

you should know these things, scarf wink

324 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-18 09:06:27)

Yes I know, and you reminded me. wink

edit: Ian (r.i.p.) doesn't need them anymore I guess.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkdyqsWFSRE[/youtube]

"Are you loving?"

325 (edited by dolcevita 2009-11-18 10:51:11)

now in heard moskow the first time (was never interestet in it before) ...
i think it should be mentioned in my topic:

ESOTERIC BULLSHIT

big_smile

edit:

man kann sich dinge (moskow) auch sch

i hate soccer