Re: Record Fair Utrecht

Zubeldia wrote:
Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

YES, I always go there for mainly ambient, experimental, acid etc and I always find good stuff. I always buy italo too but to be honest I've hardly found something rare for a good price there.

Well, went to the "knee-doctor" today: no recordfair for me, I have an "ontstoken patellapees" and I need to lay in bed for at least 2 weeks. Oh well, I'll go in April then.

I'll come and see you in a couple of weeks then, ok? just let me know when you're relatively mobile again, we'll spin some "affentittengeile" tunes together smile

ps: got my second fine in from my last visit, from the "ringweg gent". I love Belgian police (drove 149, paid 80,- fine)
the same for the fine I got just outside of Luik, didn't know Belgian fines were so lenient/low.

Deal! smile

"A Real Music Hater"

Zubeldia wrote:

ps: got my second fine in from my last visit, from the "ringweg gent". I love Belgian police (drove 149, paid 80,- fine)
the same for the fine I got just outside of Luik, didn't know Belgian fines were so lenient/low.

I think you were lucky then 'coz normally these bastards know how to squeeze the last eurocent out of your pocket..
Me and my woman received fines galore the last few months for corny stuff, e.g. driving 47km/h in a 30km/h zone on a f*cking Sunday noon (!!) ... 120 EURI / the rear wheel of the parked car too close to the crosswalk.. 100 EURI
Next month I have to appear in the police court for going through red last year from absent-mindedness.. sad
I hope the judge will have a 'good day'

conclusion: put your money to good use > buy records!

okay, almost leaving here... see you tomorrow, guys... looking forward!

will go there... probably looking for some oldschool ebm wink

hehe, they have wheelchairs! Seriously: http://www.jaarbeursutrecht.nl/abc-deta … ;ABCID=270
fuck the knee, I can go smile

"A Real Music Hater"

^happy hunting then ray!

182 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-24 12:52:25)

Was a very nice weekend! Here's my list. Bought some quantity and some quality... A few that can be crossed from my wantlist (marked with a X) and some non-profit tips (NPT ;-) Super nice to meet all the bots (though I missed a few I think!) which makes this fair more of a social event somehow which is so contrasting with sitting solitary in your room listening to records...

O.k. let's do some list(en)ing!

Goblin - Il Fantastico Viaggio Del "Bagarozzo" Mark LP: reissue
Goblin - Roller LP: reissue
Anthony Phillips - 1984 LP (RCA)
Xynn - Computed Man LP (Vertigo): X
Mantronix - Who Is It? (Virgin)
Fake - Right/New Art (ZYX)
L.N.R. - Kream (House Jam): NPT
Teenrock - Spy Dance (Bobcat)
Eric - Who's Your Boyfriend? (Memo)
Modern Trouble - Fly To Moscow (Chic)
Love And Kisses - Love And Kisses LP (Movieplay)
JefferSeif - Into The Groove (Jefferseif): NPT
Stephanie Wells - Watcha Gonna Do Lp (Rams Horn)
Bucketheads, The - Got Myself Together (Atlantic, Promo)
Various - Echoes From Our Past Lp (Anna Logue)
The Splash Band - Buck Rogers (ZYX)
CCCP - Liquid Sky (Mix 1) (Dino)
Planet Patrol - Cheap Thrills (21)
Tom Hooker - Looking For Love (Baby): X
Depeche Mode - Love In Itself

"Are you loving?"

Sorry i feel no pain for you when you get a ticket for driving to fast.

Great records score Scarface!

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

yeah, that was really a nice weekend, found lots of good stuff this time and met quite a few bots, what was super gezellig! dinner at Endfest's place afterwards was also very cool... listening to our scores on the portable record player while eating ice cream... hmmm... we really should do that again next time.
oh, and thanks again to our host endfest for letting us stay at his place! smile

@ Scarface
"Various - Coal Heart For Ever LP (Sub Rosa): NPT"
-> ha, ha, ha... already saw it in your collection last night when i added my stuff to discogs!
so in the end you bought it and not Endfest? or was there another copy left?

okay, here we go:

goblin - profondo rosso ost lp (cnr)
neil young - trans lp (geffen)
v.a. - cocktail 83 lp (il discotto) -> still sealed
v.a. - dokument - ten highlights in the history of popular music 1981>1982 lp (roadrunner)
v.a. - coal heart for ever lp (sub rosa)

propaganda - machinery (polish) 12" (island)
laser - his name is charlie 12" (moby dick)
kryptonite - baby i don't know 12" (dee jay)
wired - to the beat of the drum 12" (underworld)
alan vega - wipeout beat 12" (elektra) -> promo

human resource - dominator 7" (80 aum)
masquerade - set it off 7" (streetwave)
nitzer ebb - let your body learn 7" (virgin)
nitzer ebb - murderous 7" (power of voice communications)
siouxsie and the banshees - mittageisen 7" (polydor)
kraftwerk - the model 7" (path

whoa QoB cool records you bought there.. dokument, deux, 1000 ohm.. I'm jealous! wink

lärm macht spass!

Hey, it was cool. Nice meeting scarface, thx for the tip on curacao, sorry i wasn't really enthousiastic, and didn't buy it in the end, but i will keep my eye open for it.
If you still want the tangerine dream, we can maybe set up a trade of sorts?

Was cool, nice day hunting with Stentec and Raoul. Didn't find lots of specials because for the first time with portable turntable I just went trough all the cheapo bins and bought anything that applied to me smile

Will make a list later.

Nice list Scarface! Good to see you (although in a hurry since we only had 30 min till closing time wink)

Queen Of Blood wrote:

v.a. - cocktail 83 lp (il discotto) -> still sealed

I think I saw you buying this one! smile
Next time I'll say hi! smile

189 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-23 14:33:51)

@Queen
"yeah, that was really a nice weekend, found lots of good stuff this time and met quite a few bots, what was super gezellig! dinner at Endfest's place afterwards was also very cool... listening to our scores on the portable record player while eating ice cream... hmmm... we really should do that again next time.
oh, and thanks again to our host endfest for letting us stay at his place!"

Yes, very gezellig and thanks to endfest for having us ofcourse! I'm up for a next one, maybe at my girlfriends' place? I can ask her.

"Various - Coal Heart For Ever LP (Sub Rosa): NPT"
-> ha, ha, ha... already saw it in your collection last night when i added my stuff to discogs!
so in the end you bought it and not Endfest? or was there another copy left?"
>It was the last copy...I remembered the youtube-clip you posted of Kaa Antilope  -  Rise Up Helicopter, Like A Bird  which I like very much so I didn't need to think very long when endfest didn't want it and offered if I wanted to have it. smile

@raoul
Hey, it was cool. Nice meeting scarface, thx for the tip on curacao, sorry i wasn't really enthousiastic, and didn't buy it in the end, but i will keep my eye open for it.
>Seems that it's too much for some bots cause I tipped endfest about it too and he didn't buy it also. wink

If you still want the tangerine dream, we can maybe set up a trade of sorts?
> Yes, I want! Is there something you want from the doubles I found in Utrecht? Else you can check my sellacount on discogs (Curcacao is a bit more expensive there b.t.w. ;-). http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller=youwiz_of_oz

@baz
Nice list Scarface! Good to see you (although in a hurry since we only had 30 min till closing time )
>Yes, it was good to see you! Curious about what you found.
Didn't find lots of specials because for the first time with portable turntable.
>You mean without portable, or?
I just went trough all the cheapo bins and bought anything that applied to me
>Such a rush if you find something good in the cheapobins!

"Are you loving?"

Didn't buy:

G. Race - On Fire (Merak) for 80euro...maybe I should.....
Black Jack - Hot Passion (Pinball) for 70euro

"Are you loving?"

191 (edited by --/~~~~ 2009-11-23 20:56:20)

@ scarface & phaeax, too bad i missed out on you guys. i was at the bar around ten minutes late but i didnt see QoB anywere...tako, perttu & IG were there fortunately so i didnt have to feel lonely smile

@Queen great scores! did you pay much for those two deux singles? especially that promo (1st ed i take it) is an absolute top find! and thanks for the deutscher kaiser spotting. I bought the 7' which is really an item i was looking for.

some other nice finds:
Didi & Die herzschrittmacher 7" vey obscure but cult NDW by one guy also from deutscher kaiser. I'm amazed nobody is looking for it on discogs but me!
oto 7'
polyphonic size  - nagasiki mon amour 7" on radikal
opera multi steel - Les Douleurs De L'Ennui LP

too bad i was too late for the two buzz 12"s i am still looking for. They had a very good price but i was out of money and it was closing time :-( hopefully they will still be there next time i go but i have bad faith...

--/~~~~ wrote:

@ scarface & phaeax, too bad i missed out on you guys. i was at the bar around ten minutes late but i didnt see QoB anywere...tako, perttu & IG were there fortunately so i didnt have to feel lonely smile

Queen & I went along some stands and forgot the time during that so we were too late (I thought 13.15u. or something) when looking on the watch... So, yep too bad we missed eachother! But later on I saw IG, Perttu, Tako (Alexander?), Queen & Mick but not you...(already gone perhaps?).
Forgot to mention that Phaeax called himself sick ("geen kutsmoes"! according to him :-) and didn't want to contaminate us with the (mexican?) flue so he had to miss this. Well,  there's always a next time....

"Are you loving?"

well there's always next time. i have time AND money these days so i guess i will be visiting the fair more often.

btw tako = tako :-)

194 (edited by Scarface 2009-11-23 20:37:25)

Till next time&money&records then. wink Tako = tako? I thought I saw someone who intruced himself as Alexander. The guy sitting to the right of Queen and to the left of me... (someone with better memory know perhaps). Can't recall that good cause the introducing went a bit in a hurry....

"Are you loving?"

@ deutschmark
"whoa QoB cool records you bought there.. dokument, deux, 1000 ohm.. I'm jealous! wink"
-> yeah, i was really lucky this time... and got them even for a reasonable price.

@ raoul
really strange that we didn't meet this time... i remember last time we saw each other 3 or 4 times.

@ baz baz
and where have you been hiding all the time?

@ narcisco
"I think I saw you buying this one! smile"
-> really? at the italian stand? that guy was really nice, he gave the record for half price (10 euro would have been too much anyway).

"Next time I'll say hi! smile"
->yeah, do it! smile

btw saw your catch in the other thread! very nice, congrats!

@ Scarface
"I'm up for a next one, maybe at my girlfriends' place?"
-> does she have a balcony? wink

"It was the last copy...I remembered the youtube-clip you posted of Kaa Antilope  -  Rise Up Helicopter, Like A Bird  which I like very much..."
-> ja, it's such a beautiful clip. it fits perfect to the music... and reminds me a lot of that flying bag scene in american beauty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yk7b2uo0u8

"...so I didn't need to think very long when endfest didn't want it and offered if I wanted to have it."
-> gut so!

"Didn't buy:"
-> ha, ha, ha... good idea to post that!

here we go:
snowy red - the right to die lp (dirty dance) -> i think 160 euro (couldn't really recognize the price, without glasses i'm almost blind)
absolute body control - is there an exit? 7" (blitz records) -> 250 euro (well...)
dark day - exterminating angel lp (lust/unlust music) -> 50 euro (they lowered the price, but it's still too much)
v.a. - fix planet! (ata tak) -> 55 euro (actually a good price, but no money left, so next time)
herman's rocket - space woman 7" (disques ibach & vogue belgique) -> 25 euro each (too much!)

@ --/~~~~
"i was at the bar around ten minutes late but i didnt see QoB anywere..."
-> as Scarface said... we were lost in digging! but luckily we met later! smile

"great scores!"
-> smile

"did you pay much for those two deux singles?"
-> i bought them together with the kraftwerk 7" for 35 euro! i would say that's a good deal, or?

"especially that promo (1st ed i take it) is an absolute top find!"
-> actually the promo is the same as the normal release only with a stamp on the cover!
check: http://www.discogs.com/Deux-Felicita/release/2021013

"and thanks for the deutscher kaiser spotting."
-> and it was super cheap too. hm, maybe i should have bought it. but i already have the black version.

"I bought the 7' which is really an item i was looking for."
-> the didi 7"? ja, i saw it... but i don't know it.

@QoB: I think all of the 1st release of felicita were promotional. or at least a lot of them.  Mine has the red sticker but was also promotional.  But pretty rare!

no i didnt mean that 10", but the hali gali tanzmusik 7". The guy had that one for sale too smile

looks like you guys found some cool stuff.. hopefully next time i'll be there again!

while i was in glasgow i did visit the rubadub record store (you guys there are lucky to have such a cool shop!) but i'm in the middle of the purchase of a pretty big new studio machine, so i have to take it easy with the vinyl for a while..

@ --/~~~~
"I think all of the 1st release of felicita were promotional."
-> really? hm, i always thought the one with the red sticker is the normal (official) release.
actually i like the yellow cover of the 2nd edition much better, but well...

"Mine has the red sticker but was also promotional."
-> and how do you know that it was promotional? is there also a stamp on it?

"But pretty rare!"
-> because of the red sticker?

"but the hali gali tanzmusik 7""
-> ah, okay... i thought i saw a picture 7" in your hands.

Scarface wrote:

Didn't find lots of specials because for the first time with portable turntable.
>You mean without portable, or?
I just went trough all the cheapo bins and bought anything that applied to me
>Such a rush if you find something good in the cheapobins!

Well, I meant that I have a portible now so I concentrated on the cheapo bins instead of looking for specials (it depends of course what you consider specials...)
Just made a nice mix yesterday with the things I found (to be able to listen to them at work wink) but the *&%*% soundcard fucked op the recording so maybe I'll try again tonight.

rude66 wrote:

looks like you guys found some cool stuff.. hopefully next time i'll be there again!

while i was in glasgow i did visit the rubadub record store (you guys there are lucky to have such a cool shop!) but i'm in the middle of the purchase of a pretty big new studio machine, so i have to take it easy with the vinyl for a while..

What are you going to buy rude? New mixer?