Re: Random questions you are asking yourself...

Is music just escapism?

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Is music just escapism?

you mean.. like the internet?

.."this world`s a bubble"..

Scarface wrote:

Is music just escapism?

music is what the universe is made of...

"...particle properties in string theory are the manifestation of one and the same physical feature: the resonant patterns of vibration

529 (edited by Scarface 2010-02-10 19:33:55)

zora wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Is music just escapism?

Something like that, yes.

@Casionova

I believe that music represents the universe abd everything in it too if that's what you mean..(?)

"Are you loving?"

supernovas are entirely underrepresented

Scarface wrote:
zora wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Is music just escapism?

@Casionova

I believe that music represents the universe abd everything in it too if that's what you mean..(?)

Yeah, that's my understanding of music too... I wasn't trying to say that music isn't escapism necessarily, just on a deeper level that if it is then so is the whole of reality/existence (as that's made of music)

but for most people in their practical everyday lives I would say that yes, music can be escapism, but it can also be a reflection of reality. depends on the music and the listener smile

Should I stay or should I go ?

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

follow your heart...

If your heart is inside you do you go nowhere?

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Where is the GlobalDarkness forum ??

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

What is the Global Darkness forum?

And should I drink wine or beer?

And is Manchester a better place to live than London?

cuties don't exert

at the present stage my answers are

1. Oh yeah that thing that Creme Organisation do

2. Some wine but later

3. No

cuties don't exert

538 (edited by Scarface 2010-02-10 23:52:55)

casionova wrote:
Scarface wrote:
zora wrote:

@Casionova

Yeah, that's my understanding of music too... I wasn't trying to say that music isn't escapism necessarily, just on a deeper level that if it is then so is the whole of reality/existence (as that's made of music)

but for most people in their practical everyday lives I would say that yes, music can be escapism, but it can also be a reflection of reality. depends on the music and the listener smile

So to answer my question: music is not just escapism but one of the things it can be to a person. It sometimes is to me. smile An escape to another "reality". Thanks for your concern.

"Are you loving?"

ytz wrote:

at the present stage my answers are

1. Oh yeah that thing that Creme Organisation do

2. Some wine but later

3. No

hahahah that 3rd question is mine too at the moment.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

http://img.moronail.net/img/8/8/1588.jpg

Why haven't I been on Robots for Robots in months?

when will we get to hear a new photocall release? tongue

Scarface wrote:

So to answer my question: music is not just escapism but one of the things it can be to a person. It sometimes is to me. smile An escape to another "reality". Thanks for your concern.

and to me... smile

score100 wrote:

Two tracks are almost done.  Pretty sad for 5 years, but I guess I got caught up in day-job land.  Working on vocals this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.  Goal is to go to press within 2 months.  Thanks for asking!  smile

-Eli

Photocall wrote:
score100 wrote:

Two tracks are almost done.  Pretty sad for 5 years, but I guess I got caught up in day-job land.  Working on vocals this weekend, so we'll see how it goes.  Goal is to go to press within 2 months.  Thanks for asking!  smile

-Eli

great news, silver clouds is one of my favourite releases on clone!

casionova wrote:
Scarface wrote:
zora wrote:

@Casionova

Schopenhauer (philosopher) wrote it down quite well:

http://users.belgacom.net/wagnerlibrary … htm#d0e934

"Music is thus by no means like the other arts, the copy of the Ideas, but the copy of the will itself, whose objectivity these Ideas are. This is why the effect of music is much more powerful and penetrating than that of the other arts, for they speak only of shadows, but it speaks of the thing itself. Music does not express this or that particular and definite joy, this or that sorrow, or pain, or horror, or delight, or merriment, or peace of mind; but joy, sorrow, pain, horror, delight, merriment, peace of mind themselves, to a certain extent in the abstract, their essential nature, without accessories, and therefore without their motives. Yet we completely understand them in this extracted quintescence."

"Are you loving?"

pizza or meatballs?

Scarface wrote:

Schopenhauer (philosopher) wrote it down quite well:

http://users.belgacom.net/wagnerlibrary … htm#d0e934

"Music is thus by no means like the other arts, the copy of the Ideas, but the copy of the will itself, whose objectivity these Ideas are. This is why the effect of music is much more powerful and penetrating than that of the other arts, for they speak only of shadows, but it speaks of the thing itself. Music does not express this or that particular and definite joy, this or that sorrow, or pain, or horror, or delight, or merriment, or peace of mind; but joy, sorrow, pain, horror, delight, merriment, peace of mind themselves, to a certain extent in the abstract, their essential nature, without accessories, and therefore without their motives. Yet we completely understand them in this extracted quintescence."

never read that before, very interesting! I especially agree with the last bit... always thought it's crazy how music can function as a language to communicate ideas/perspectives/emotions that are too abstract to put into words. Without needing to understand the lyrics (and of course it's completely the case with instrumental music) it's fascinating how quickly we all understand what the creator of the music thought and felt just by hearing the sound.

alex_d_steak wrote:

pizza or meatballs?

which did u have more recently?

Why did I have to update the r4r forum while boozing vodka and ouzo?