Re: What are you robots eating?

@Dumbot: I just printed that recipe

My housemate made red beans and rice for dinner last night smile

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

2 nite....smoked paprika chicken stroganoff

very delicious...altho i substitute the sour cream...for a mixture cr

Let's get Dumb

sounds nice dumbbot. I got myself a nice wee 12 hour shift again today so had:

porridge with maple syrup and crushed nuts
large baked potato with a homemade tomato, chile, onion, pepper, chicken filling at my desk
gonna head out on my second break and pick up some roast chicken from sainsburys

I go to the gym on my lunch breaks so I need to keep up the energy levels. good thing is, im always pretty fucked by the time I get in. straight to bed then do it all over again.

smile

Kangaroo ragu, this is a regional docklands specialty. Tasty kanagaroo fillets with a sauce of mushrooms, tomato, mustard and finished with heathcote 04 cab merlot.

Notes: Special Sequence Mixed For Dancing

kangaroo :0 they're such cool animals, how can you eat kangaroos :0

You are right although they are pests actually so many are culled and leave to rot, wallabies are even cuter and even tastier also. It's actually very good to eat as it's low in fat and environmentally good option because soft paws do not cause so much soil erosion and they emit far less methane then cattle so less green house gas. European imported animals (cattle) are not good for our country. Sorry but it makes sense and there are also plenty of other cute tasty animals people eat.

Sorry to offend you but well that's the way it is.

Notes: Special Sequence Mixed For Dancing

it's ok, i'm not offended smile i didn't know they were pests, i thought they were endangered or something tongue

133 (edited by Echolot 2008-10-28 22:20:56)

argh so this girl is coming for lunch tomorrow and i totally don't know what to cook sad
when i asked what she likes i only got an answer like "i guess you'll come up with something good wink" pfffff

i thought i'd make something not too heavy .. like some tradtional brushcetta with maybe tomato, basil etc and then maybe a soup.. i made a nice coconut - carrot - ginger soup recently that was good ... maybe with some croutons.. but i dunno if that goes so well with the bruschetta.

help me out! any ideas?

Yesterday I made veggie tacos. Portabello mushroom, yellow squash, and zuchinni sauteed in spices then topped with fresh onion, cilantro and salsa. Yum!

Yummy indeed!

i had rice and beans with melted cheese and salsa.  cant go wrong with rice and beans

Uh

136 (edited by San 2008-10-29 01:54:36)

Echolot wrote:

argh so this girl is coming for lunch tomorrow and i totally don't know what to cook sad
when i asked what she likes i only got an answer like "i guess you'll come up with something good wink" pfffff

i thought i'd make something not too heavy .. like some tradtional brushcetta with maybe tomato, basil etc and then maybe a soup.. i made a nice coconut - carrot - ginger soup recently that was good ... maybe with some croutons.. but i dunno if that goes so well with the bruschetta.

help me out! any ideas?

I think that goes with the bruschetta and sounds really good smile

You could always make minestrone if you wanted to keep with the italian theme with some good reggiano.

Made myself a nice steak melt yesterday and it looked something like this, but without the vegetables.

http://www.brutsellog.eu/beeld/2007/09_SEPT/biefstuk-champignons.jpg

San wrote:
Echolot wrote:

help me out! any ideas?

I think that goes with the bruschetta and sounds really good smile

You could always make minestrone if you wanted to keep with the italian theme with some good reggiano.

nice.. wasn't so shure but i guess i'll stick with the original plan. thought about minestrone but i want to use the hand blender for a nice cramy soup.. have to get shopping for the ingredients now.. thanks smile

http://www.typicaldutchstuff.com/sate1.jpg

140 (edited by Starborough 2008-10-29 13:42:47)

yesterday I made a Dutch-Indian fusion stylee curry, with sprouts and pumpkin.. very nice imo. Chopped up some onion, garlic and a spanish pepper, in my wok together with the pieces of pumpkin and the sprouts.. added some kurkuma, kurmin, ketumbar, fresh coriander and let it frie for a min. or 2, then added vegetable broth and braised it in 20 mins untill the liquid had been reduced into a sauce and the pumpkin pieces transformed into a pumpkin sauce.. chopped up some more fresh coriander and sprinkled it on top.. tasty!

it's the time of the year again

speculaas big_smile

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/djkuczera/speculaas.gif

Vlam Aan

anyone into this hot sauce stuff? had pizza yesterday and put a drop "vicious viper" hot sauce on a slice. it was ... hot.
but bearable

143 (edited by meschi 2008-10-30 20:18:03)

im a massive hot sauce fan. after a while you gain a resistance to it and start to taste it a bit better. smile

chinese tonight. big_smile what to have?

I' m having a ruby murrey later tonight.

Good ol' bread with peanutbutter smile

In de disco draait de deejay
De hele nacht discomuziek
Waardoor er in de harten van het publiek
Een verlangen ontstaat naar sex en romantiek

vegetable gratin, damn tasty!
recipe I got from my stepmom

(Dutch)
Nodig : gehakt, groenten (erwtjes met worteltjes, maar het kan ook iets anders zijn zoals broccoli bijv.), aardappelpuree, kaassaus

Werkwijze :

Je bakt het gehak al roerend in kleine stukjes aan samen met een uitje, goed kruiden.

Je stooft de groenten

Je maakt aardappelpuree

Je maakt een kaassaus*

Dan schik je alles in laagjes in het potje : onderaan het gehakt, daarboven de groenten, dan een laagje aardappelpuree, daarboven een kaassaus en daar nog eens boven wat geraspte kaas.

In de oven laten gratineren.  Als alle ingredi

2 days ago i had culinair experience on the street in La Paz, Bolivia. I ate grilled cow heart, and it was not bad at all, only a little spicy!

@ meschi> Im really into hot sauce, i can call myself an expert! The best and most hot i like is Calypsosauce from Trinidad & Tobago. Once you put this on your food the flames will soon rise higher and higher but still holds a good taste! Highly recommended!

http://www.ramela.com/store/images/calypsosauce.jpg

more info> http://carolinasauce.stores.yahoo.net/1 … 04842.html

cycling around a planet called 'Earth'

Prinsen wrote:

2 days ago i had culinair experience on the street in La Paz, Bolivia. I ate grilled cow heart, and it was not bad at all, only a little spicy!

o_O

We're going out for tapas tonight...

some spicy chili con carne and  a glass of australian bush cabernet sauvignon, syrah

CASSAVA BIBINGKA!
A Philipino delight!

4 c. grated cassava
2 c. coconut milk
2 tbsp. melted butter
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. salt
1/2 c. pure coconut cream
Grated cheese

Beat eggs. Add sugar, butter and salt. Mix thoroughly. Add the grated cassava and coconut milk. Mix well and place in a pan or bibingka mold lined with banana leaf. Bake until almost done.

Brush with coconut cream. Sprinkle with grated cheese or strips of local cottage cheese. Brown top under hot cover or oven broiler, or top with pure coconut milk with sugar to taste and brown under broiler.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4163/bibingka1gr7.jpg