Re: Hooray for dumbass DJ's

hate me but:
this track from Aoki with the mentasm sample is funny - in the right moment on a thrashy party it makes fun to play it.
or was it the beedroots?
anyway who cares...
Aoki makes fast cash - let him impress the kids awhile - there are much worser methods to make money around ...

i hate soccer

302 (edited by Zubeldia 2010-01-26 12:45:19)

this past saturday i opened for these two belgian guys from the always lovely lektroluv label... whilst sitting in the backstage area i asked them if they have any upcoming 12"s, shows etc.

they replied they are actually busy getting a foot down in the United States, and they're going to hook up with the 'label/organisation' from.... Steve Aoki, just when you thought you heard it all...

the party itself was ment to be all electro, but i only heard this new-rave/boys noize shite and the cheesiest dubstep imaginable.. just about what i expected.

i was the only one playing records, the other guys serato and cd's. i asked the sound guy if the EQ's were properly set up for the turntables., since i had to play first. his reply: "i don't know, i've never sound-checked for the turntables and vinyl in general since i started working here, just see for yourself how it sounds...". and as far as the crowd was concerned, it seemed they suffered from a bit of a culture shock, music wise. they only started jumping when the dubstep came on... hardly any reaction or whatsoever to my music, just mildly surprised young faces wink

hysteric wrote:
vendredi wrote:

crazy topic!
and i had a great time!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_HvyN00Tc[/youtube]
i didn't know such a thing could exist...
never saw a party huge like that with a sound crap like that...
I hope this kind of party will come in france!!

this is horrible, really depressing

I don't know G, imagine Cosmo & Faber & Hysteric playing under crazy fireworks for 500 000 people, we could even play the donk version of voyagers wink

the kids are lost. they think BOIZNOIZE is cool music. i had last week a sad discussion with a well known so called "Electro indie nurave dubstep" DJ here in FFM. i told him that i am looking forward to the set of CHEZ DAMIER in FFM and he was telling me that this kind of music is depressing for him. on the other hand for him PATRICK WOLF (!!!), SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO, LA ROUX and EMPIRE OF THE SUN were the albums of 2009. what can i say?

i hate soccer

That Steve Aoki shit is pretty unbearable. I like lotsa different styles but this screaming is just fucking obnoxious .

Dade_Elderon wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-XpsvDJvo8[/youtube]

I know, I can't stop posting this enough.. I hate aoki.. I think i made him look cool and hate myself.. but at least I included myself in there dancing around the magic crystal that gives him a fan base..

actually I heard aoki is famous cuz his parents own that chain japanese restaurant "benni hana" and his sister is some actor or something.. so it isnt a magic crystal that get that guy $5000 an hour dj'in its hella rich ass parents!!

I think there must be exciting for youngsters to dream about a rock n roll life, free alcohol, drugs and loads of cash

Zubeldia wrote:

i was the only one playing records, the other guys serato and cd's. i asked the sound guy if the EQ's were properly set up for the turntables., since i had to play first. his reply: "i don't know, i've never sound-checked for the turntables and vinyl in general since i started working here, just see for yourself how it sounds...". and as far as the crowd was concerned, it seemed they suffered from a bit of a culture shock, music wise. they only started jumping when the dubstep came on... hardly any reaction or whatsoever to my music, just mildly surprised young faces wink

To bad, but it sounds very familiar. I hope you at least enjoyed yourself, that's the main part!

maybe stop playing music for other people?

thats what i am thinking more and more ...

i hate soccer

Same here...

last week i was playing together with another DJ in a club. he palyed after me and he had the best party when he played stupid 90ies in a row: vengaboys, la bouche, haddaway, mark oh (!!!). the kids were freaking out (is that only here in germany a phenomen?) for such a bullshit i have no answer... no idea ..no plan ... no words ... no hope.

i hate soccer

no its not just in Germany.

lol  whats all this -- the kids like shitty music and now its time to stop going out or playing music for other people?  screw the kids.  one day they'll be cranky and old n' shit too smile

bias wrote:

at least he plays in full clubs and makes more money in one night than some in their whole dj career.

is that what dj-ing is about?

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

An international DJ/Playboy of mystery like you should know that Jay.

bias wants money & fame, the rest is small talk

I too

dubstep/"electrohouse" stuff has been slowly creeping the San Francisco scene for the last 5 years until now it is safe to say it is the dominant electronic music style....

It is one thing when all the fashion fagz and american apparel hipsters listen to boize noyz and dim mak stuff thinkin it is electro but because of all this trash, innocent bboys are paying for it..

8 years ago(im 24) all the bboys in different spots in and around SF and Oakland would know what electro and bass music is, if I go down NOW, to the YMCA and try and chat up a bunch of filipino breakers, and be all like "yo put this crazy electro cd on, u going to love it,its ratsnake(or dominance electricity)"  ..  they will look at me like im insane because everything has been tainted.. they will think this crazy handsome white guy is trying to give them dubstep,,

Can you imagine? a poor 16 yr old bboy who is AFRAID to get an ELECTRO cd for what he/she might hear..

This issue is really makin me crazy.. everytime I close my eyes, i hear: "wahhhwwahwhawawa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" of dubstep and I am thinking about all those poor souls on the dancefloor who know no better..

How can we fix it guys? If something this crazy somehow came into existence and toppled the true electro sound, there MUST be an even crazier, more insane cure or solution to this problem.. I dont want to wait around for the sounds to slowly evolve out of their respective genres and return to the true electro sound.. it would create such abominations..

You guys need to be the ones on top, u guys need to be the fat guys with ponytails producing pop music and making tons of cash, this scene is the one that deserves it.. 

We need some powerful propaganda, and we need it online and shoved in those kids face(books)s

most complicated robot wrote:
Dade_Elderon wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-XpsvDJvo8[/youtube]

I know, I can't stop posting this enough.. I hate aoki.. I think i made him look cool and hate myself.. but at least I included myself in there dancing around the magic crystal that gives him a fan base..

actually I heard aoki is famous cuz his parents own that chain japanese restaurant "benni hana" and his sister is some actor or something.. so it isnt a magic crystal that get that guy $5000 an hour dj'in its hella rich ass parents!!

I think there must be exciting for youngsters to dream about a rock n roll life, free alcohol, drugs and loads of cash

dear god! look at those chicks in the video! who cares about liking or disliking dubstep if those hotties are jumping in front of the dj booth big_smile better then the empty floors we're all playing for heheh tongue

vendredi wrote:

crazy topic!
and i had a great time!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_HvyN00Tc[/youtube]
i didn't know such a thing could exist...
never saw a party huge like that with a sound crap like that...
I hope this kind of party will come in france!!

ok, that mini 'mega' mix is afwull, but it sure has some fine hardcore/early rave tracks in it for sure!
that it just aint your cup of tea is a whole different story wink

ah well, it aint that 'cool' to be honest cool

nice thread
it's time to make it worse
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bpyk-BKO-k[/youtube]

vintage future

more to come
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckmoJh868F8[/youtube]