76 (edited by Arcade Lobo 2008-07-23 09:59:21)

Re: Le Tour de France 2008

Mr. Maximal wrote:

Cheating sucks, but hey, it's part of the sport. I think it's part of any physical sport; Cyclists are the most controlled sporters in the world. What about athletics, football, american sports? They're all using. It just is not in the interest of sponsors / commerce to check and really see how many athletes are really doing it. The sport might get a bad name...just like cycling, and that's bad for sponsors.

that is true. Maybe they should make some of it legal (i dont know about how dangerous some of them are) I guess there has to be some kind of control, in every sport.

burp

i guess Valverde has stopped using EPO or at least the same EPO as the rest of them.
rememeber a couple of years ago when he beat lance in the high pyrenees? now he struggles to hold the wheel.
same story for iban mayo

should be interesting to see what legs the south african agustyn has left after yesterday's heroics, poor bastard, first over the highest point in the tour and then slides on his arse down the side

keep hackney crap

Haha, yes he was both unlucky and lucky at the same time. At any other point in the descent he would have been in a world of trouble.

There are a lot of riders who perform on a similar level every year though, Menchov, Evans, Schleck, Leipheimer, Sastre seem to have a pretty stable level of fitness (and consistently not winning). Does that mean they play it fair?

schlek wasn't in a great form yesterday.. and yet again nobody really attacked him...his brother was in a way better shape. that's not really exciting if you ask me... and schumacher.. well he was at 25 minutes when he attacked...
today can be exciting only if sastre attack early... and i don't see it happening because the team CSC is in yellow(not for long).
cunego wasn't my favorite... i've just noticed that the climbers have done f*** all so far.. valverde cunego even kohl who seems pretty easy is satisfied with  his second hand "champion" jersey.
hopefully menchov is gonna try something...because the way i see it... it's evans in yellow on sunday.

After what he did yesterday....Schumacher on the run again...this guy doesnt rest!

zippo, I agree with you on the general race, and I dont think Sastre will attack, which would be awesome. The only thing I would add is that yesterday was an interesting and good race, concerning the ones that really run it, the ones that wanted to win that day, and CSC did really good.

I hope everyone takes out their guns after the first descent.Although CSC is already trying to keep them all from attacking...no way Sastre will try anything....if only Schleck could fall.......haha

burp

5.000 euros for the first one to arrive at Galibier

burp

why after the first descent? apparently menchov and schlek  aren't at ease going downhill. kohl or sastre should go right now in the galibier and do some damage. at least they should test the leaders and see who's in a bad day...
if only contador or basso were there....:(

i'm waving with a cbs flag (can you see me ?) (give me the money mutha big_smile)

zippo wrote:

why after the first descent? apparently menchov and schlek  aren't at ease going downhill. kohl or sastre should go right now in the galibier and do some damage. at least they should test the leaders and see who's in a bad day...
if only contador or basso were there....:(

didnt know you were a sucker for cycling lol
hope it's because of unemployement big_smile

Early attacks go nowhere (regrettably). The chasing peloton will always catch up with them in the descent. Anyways, all riders who want to win the tour this year have to try on L'Alpe.

i've always been a sucker for the tour. smoking spliff on the sofa while the lads are struggling on bikes.. makes me feel like a king. big_smile

zippo wrote:

i've always been a sucker for the tour. smoking spliff on the sofa while the lads are struggling on bikes.. makes me feel like a king. big_smile

oooohhhhhh......that's he way to watch it, dude.

Im working at home with the tv on. And from 15:00 I'm in the sofa for the rest of the race.

Next race I'll go there dressed up as Kohl and get those 5000 on a BMX.

burp

Go Kohl!

burp

nope:)
he just went for his handsome jersey big_smile

Watching/listening it streaming in the office. Next mountain Croix de Fer; let's hope some adventurer breaks it open there.

c'moooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

burp

92 (edited by zippo 2008-07-23 16:10:09)

sastre and menchov are gone !!! looks good ! big_smile

Yes!!

burp

Sastre!

can't believe Sastre is actually leaving!

burp

Menchov is dying!

burp

Menchov blew himself up

i'd like to see moncoutie win, he's never won much cause he's always been clean

keep hackney crap

Schlecks should make their move now....