Re: This town Stinks

Central Services wrote:

damn I wish I was in Heerlen smile
try living in Cosenza, Calabria hmm
i really hope to be out of here soon as I might kill someone ahahha
its the perfect Idiot City - pasta, pizza, clothes, TV, car and cellphone (or 2), nothing else matters
and make sure you never stop yelling and wave your hands in the air.
also you can drive however you want, total anarchy...
i guess punk's not fucking dead

lol, i can picture it perfectly somehow...but howd you end up there anyway??

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

27 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:26:50)

@ central what would you do without internet
hanging on a rope next to me wink

Vlam Aan

29 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:26:59)

haha...well dont move to liverpool big_smile

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

kucz why dont you move vtheres a cazillion houses to rent in rotterdam

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

the smoking-ban is ridiculous.. some nights all visitors only stayed in the smoking area and the main-(music)-room was empty.. when the night was over and visitors left all employees and performers were smoking in the main room; and the ban started with the argument that they wanted to protect employees.. 'gezelligheid kent geen tijd' zeggen ze dan.. bah!

TB or not TB

33 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:27:15)

central good luck to get a job here lol

Vomatron wrote:

haha...well dont move to liverpool big_smile

were you in manchester for a while or not?

i liked Ireland when I was there...
the UK is the place I can think of, i dont wanna learn more frigging languages,
i know enough as it is hmm

36 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:27:30)

Yes manchester is alright, there are some cool bots from the forum around the city and also some good parties here and there...but also a very commercial city with not so much "old culture" to display which can make it seem a bit shallow...and lots of drunk students everywhere lol. Generally i liked it and think people are easy going. I dunno if itd be dark enough for you wink

38 (edited by black shape 2009-02-12 15:21:03)

being from eastern europe wont hurt you a bit here, really! no need to worry on that, more the fact that there are fewer and fewer jobs available every day. your nationality dont make a difference

(somewhat offtopic sorry) I'd love to see more small-scale events in Amsterdam. Small enough that just the headz/robots/freeks are enough to fill up the place, so there's no need for crap music to attract people.
OT301 had a few of those (Beta Evers/ K6 night comes to mind)
OCCII
Stubnitz -can be loads of fun and can suck bigtime

The place needs to be somewhat dirty, grimy, and somewhat illegal
Remember attending some good DJ's at that place in Westerpark and it was so clean and devoid of atmosphere it actually made the music less good

but yeah, for this to work then us lazy people who like "good" music need to get off our asses and attend these things smile

40 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:27:38)

Central Services wrote:
Freek wrote:
Mr. Maximal wrote:

I think we all agreed on the Buitenveldert thing to do something! I'm game! How were things in the OCCI, some people there?

Buitenveldert was nice unless the lack of 'normal crowd', the Amsterdam freaks should def need to get together more to do stuff..

OCCii is a very nice venue, my fav white beers in the house, good loud sound (we did many venue's in Holland and 90% of them have a annoying over-active limiter) and they dont mind smoke smile Unfortunatly almost NO ONE showed up the night we played... dunno if that's Amsterdam or us... What happened to the Amsterdam bots? only into house, disco and electro? wink

dont forget dark italo wink

and eurodance..

oeps wink

TB or not TB

T.E.L. wrote:

(somewhat offtopic sorry) I'd love to see more small-scale events in Amsterdam. Small enough that just the headz/robots/freeks are enough to fill up the place, so there's no need for crap music to attract people.
OCCII

Remember attending some good DJ's at that place in Westerpark and it was so clean and devoid of atmosphere it actually made the music less good

but yeah, for this to work then us lazy people who like "good" music need to get off our asses and attend these things smile

the biggest problem isnt just the venues, but nobody showing up..
And the parties who do sell out, actually are sell-outs most off the time  .. tongue
guess the need for other-muzak in A*dam already left years ago, together with all the cool 'vrijplaatsen'..

TB or not TB

T.E.L. wrote:

was that the Flex-bar? I've never been there, only played at the Ketelhuis once and that was a pretty nice space...

TB or not TB

@ Freek
"...but nobody showing up.."
-> i think that's also a typical dutch thing, no?
your country is so small but a lot of people are not willing to drive a few kilometers for a party in another city.
i mean what's the distance between a'dam and r'dam? like 80 km, that's less then an hour by car!
i we want to go to a cool party we have to drive at least 200 km! there is not even a real scene for our music here.
you can count the people that love the music that we love on 10 fingers. hm, maybe you dutchies are just too spoiled.

why does everyone want to relive the past?  arrested development

I would be going mental in York if it wasn't for my newfound drive to compose new tunes, as well as the Dream Machine robots down south.
But the chasm in my pocket is getting deeper - escapism always comes at a price...

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ Freek
your country is so small but a lot of people are not willing to drive a few kilometers for a party in another city.
i mean what's the distance between a'dam and r'dam? like 80 km, that's less then an hour by car!

Wow...I have to drive further than 80km just to get to my girlfriend's house.

I was so close // I crept like a cat // visions of seduction lurkin under my hat
Zerohour Doom & Glamour | RETALI8Cold Crush

Jackie Ransom, Luster & Beta Evers - Secrets Of The World out now on 7"/Digital

Freek wrote:
T.E.L. wrote:

OCCII

the biggest problem isnt just the venues, but nobody showing up..
And the parties who do sell out, actually are sell-outs most off the time  .. tongue
guess the need for other-muzak in A*dam already left years ago, together with all the cool 'vrijplaatsen'..

Maybe we should try something in that DJ cafe on the weteringcircuit. Baz played there a couple of weeks ago on thursday and, surprise surprise, it was almost empty. Music was good though.

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ Freek
i we want to go to a cool party we have to drive at least 200 km! there is not even a real scene for our music here.
you can count the people that love the music that we love on 10 fingers. hm, maybe you dutchies are just too spoiled.

not only that, even within the same city apparently is too far...

but we will do the Golden-Pudel in Hamburg the 5th of April so see you there! wink

TB or not TB

cebteq wrote:

why does everyone want to relive the past?  arrested development

lack of imagination