Re: worst concert/live perfomance and dj set

Ow...that Theo track is definitely a banger, and 'Shades Of Jae' (Moodymann, right?) is no less. Lucky you...
Those same mates of mine said that Rolando and you stole the show!

Lotsa Detroiter mixes/performances archived here. This is the Moodyman filter: http://www.fullbozman.com/mixes.php?fun … 9vZHltYW5u
Please consider donating if you enjoy so much to the point of leechage. wink

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

most complicated robot wrote:

if you come see me than you have a  good example of worst dj set. I always forget something

not true!

104 (edited by ThE_OwL 2008-08-18 01:33:58)

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3968/hatelektroluvif6.jpg
A picture tells a thousand words

This year in Asprovalta - Greece Lektroluv had the worst music choice ever...some shitty electro house ftw ...

they are throwing hand signs for the lose also

bias wrote:

you mean ftl?

no its like wtf only more pointless expression...doublewtf smile

ftw = for the win.

lectroluvs cd mixes are also not very interesting in my humble opinion... boring mixtechnique, not very daring. Tracklists are sometimes partially ok when he plays tracks like chocolectricity....

Saw miss kittin, digitalism, underworld and nerd at lowlands last weekend. I was glad not pay for it. Only nerd was great and underworld was ok rest sucked. Also all dj's at the festival played the same breakbeat trax which were also very boring. Good i drank too much beer otherwise i would have left earlier.

Acta est fabula....

ThE_OwL wrote:

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3968 … luvif6.jpg
A picture tells a thousand words

This year in Asprovalta - Greece Lektroluv had the worst music choice ever...some shitty electro house ftw ...

why the fuck does he wear that mask, is he really michael bolton but can't sell playing electro to his friends.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

Has no confidence in his real face... hates himself? Gimmick? I guess it's cool to wear a mask?

Dunno, but whatevs.

I met him in the flesh - he's a nice bloke really.
First time I heard him, he was really entertaining, but the second time wasn't...

Has name without mask?

Stefaan Vandenberghe

could it also be true that different dj's wear the mask and all perform as lectroluv?

Woody Aki wrote:

Stefaan Vandenberghe

Stefaan is a cool guy
Correct Me if I'm wrong, but I tought He has one more alter ego; T-quest

dica wrote:

could it also be true that different dj's wear the mask and all perform as lectroluv?

There was a rumour that He once played at two different locations at the same time, and there was a rumour that Spacid sometimes plays the part of Lectroluv..

Its all about creating a hype around this act, and He succeeded in this just fine.

Here We are talking about it.. Dont believe the..

dica wrote:

i thought that this is possible...but even if it true its not cool ...

119 (edited by schmoltz 2008-08-19 17:41:11)

hmm, it appears lektroluv is not what he used to be smile.

I may be misinformed, but I though his mix cd's from like 5 years ago were kind of cool (or rather great to me back then, before I started digging deeper into electro and italo kind of stuff - and I did not know about cbs). when I was visiting Belgium and Holland back then I was kind of astonished to see mix cds of an electro dj in every shitty recordstore near madonna and top of the pops. And I am saying electro, because I then just heard his mix with stuff like Telex, Fad Gadget, Polygamy Boys, Drexciya, etc. - most of which I heard for the first time. Either some fishy marketing or I did die and am in heaven, if electro is pop music here  - I thought back then. 

I just checked some more recent vids form his live shows. Looks kinda mtv and very different vibe in the music sad.

edit: typoes

My closest connection to the guy is my buying this record: http://www.discogs.com/release/822166

If he signed Michoacan on for this then he has a good ear.

yeah, i got this one http://www.discogs.com/release/447210
for Plastic Bertrand's Tout Petit la Planete.

Love that song

people get smacked for being too commercial in robotspace, but if its what You do to make money and still be able to stay in the scene, then everybody has to sell out one time.

No bad thing about his electroluv-act, more about most of His audience and their expectations. The kind that says that the latest fedde lagrand is another great electrotrack that He made. That pisses Me of. Every kind of commercial dance on the radio is nowadays reffered to as ''electro'' WTF yikes

SUY wrote:

people get smacked for being too commercial in robotspace, but if its what You do to make money and still be able to stay in the scene, then everybody has to sell out one time.

No bad thing about his electroluv-act, more about most of His audience and their expectations. The kind that says that the latest fedde lagrand is another great electrotrack that He made. That pisses Me of. Every kind of commercial dance on the radio is nowadays reffered to as ''electro'' WTF yikes

Yup, damn shame. I think that has something to do with that short-lived electroclash hype from a few years back... as in some kind of poppy commercial influence. Electrohouse has hit the clubs... Clubs packed with wallflower-esque snazzy boys 'n girls that refrain from dancing as that might just spoil their fancy clothing, snkeakers, haircut, or quasi-cool image. It's BS music.

In de disco draait de deejay
De hele nacht discomuziek
Waardoor er in de harten van het publiek
Een verlangen ontstaat naar sex en romantiek

Word.
And the only thing They have to do now is start calling R&B Acid. Then Ill eat My shoes..

de wereld is om zeep tongue

It's easy to say that you should stay true to the 'real' scene but what to do when you have to pay your rent and feed your family. If lektroluv would play just purist 'real' electro music I doubt he would get much bookings. It's not easy in the music bizznizz right now.