Thats My point. You gotta pay the bills

Re: worst concert/live perfomance and dj set

get a day job then

Ill tell Him the next time I see Him

JamesTRubotnik wrote:

get a day job then

maybe he needs a double income to pay his sick child's medical bills?

Lektroluv's mix cd 'Infekted' got me (and a lot of my friends) into this electro / italo buzz. I met him in Dublin when he played over a year ago and he's a down-to-earth guy.

it is not a question how is he irl...
Just because we wanted to listen to lectroluv on our holiday in greece, we have travelled over 120 km in rent-a-car hyundai atos prime(PRIME - lol like optimus) who had worst lamell ever...sometimes we had to leave the car and walk while the lightest of us is trying to drive the car uphill...
all that just to listen to some good music which turned out to be bad...that is why he is my worst ever...
who knows ..if he ever plays here in Belgrade perhaps it is going to be much better,and i am looking forward to that day...

The electroluv discussion has gone far enough, if You say He sucked then I believe You fo sho.
Hope He makes up for You guys one day. And hopefully You dont have go on such a intense journey for it next time wink

actually the worst  performance i saw was J

Kenzaburo wrote:

It's easy to say that you should stay true to the 'real' scene but what to do when you have to pay your rent and feed your family. .

maybe get a job?

TB or not TB

i just got back from seeing Michael Bolton - he was so bad. He had a really awful sub-kenny g saxophonist. And he murdered That's Life and New York, New York and Summertime.

@r2dj: My god! How did you get brainwashed into going to that?!

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

he was playing at a jazz festival??

And me and the missus went cos she wanted to see Angie Stone.

And then our friends mother was going and he asked us to mum-sit.

And she wanted to stay and watch Bolton so we were obliged to.

And now my ears have been raped :-(

138 (edited by e=mc2 2008-12-07 00:45:26)

The worst performance I ever saw was Carl Cox's closing set at the future music festival.  He played some super dodgy Coldplay remix amongst tons of other cheddar.

Crowd loved it.

i once went to see bodycount some years ago. was pretty much in front as all of a sudden the crush barrier broke and i got pushed against stage real hard that i could hardly breath. but even worse was that right behind me someone somehow got under that barrier and people were trampling on him. took a while till securety realised and could get him out of there. a real nightmare. somehow then i managed to get myself out there and spend the rest of the concert searching for my brother, who actually had a good time standing a bit more aside.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

zora wrote:

i once went to see bodycount some years ago. was pretty much in front as all of a sudden the crush barrier broke and i got pushed against stage real hard that i could hardly breath. but even worse was that right behind me someone somehow got under that barrier and people were trampling on him. took a while till securety realised and could get him out of there. a real nightmare. somehow then i managed to get myself out there and spend the rest of the concert searching for my brother, who actually had a good time standing a bit more aside.

so what was the actual body count after that concert?

i saw roy davis jr. the other night. i was hoping maybe he would get really soulful, then he played that american boy kanye west track, which is in clear violation of my vehement opposition to all things kanye. so i high-tailed it on outta there, paying 10 bucks just to leave early and hear nothing worthwhile.

DO NOT GO SEE ROY DAVIS JR., FOLKS!

Maybe he's trying to get remix work for those kinds of super-pop acts? Who knows. Everyone's been blowing chunks lately. Bah, humbug!

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

apparrat ahahaaaaa

"Opinions are a private matter. The public has an interest only in judgments.

DETROIT GRAND PUBAHS last night

two macbooks, 10 records that felt like only one was playing all the time anyway, pumping crappy techno and even crappier MC-ing (let me see your hands in the air, detroit, detroit grand pubahs in da house, ljubljana, slovenia, detroit, ... that was it more or less, and on and on it went) i didn't manage to stay till the end, but the first half an hour made my ears bleed

ice wrote:

DETROIT GRAND PUBAHS last night

two macbooks, 10 records that felt like only one was playing all the time anyway, pumping crappy techno and even crappier MC-ing (let me see your hands in the air, detroit, detroit grand pubahs in da house, ljubljana, slovenia, detroit, ... that was it more or less, and on and on it went) i didn't manage to stay till the end, but the first half an hour made my ears bleed

am i glad i didn't go, one month ago

Vlam Aan

146 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 08:30:30)

alexander robotnick some time ago. not that robotnick sucked, in fact i didn't even get to see him. some lame-ass dj wouldn't get off from the decks and robotnick kept asking the guy when the fuck do i get to play. he just played on and on. eventually i left cuz i couldn't stand the bad music anymore. the next day i heard robotnick rocked the house.

I once went to see Aardvack opening at some techno night in Doornroosje (Nijmegen). Must have been in 2006 or so. The guy didn't even mix, he just hit the start button after a record was finished for several seconds. From funk to hiphop to electro to crappy ass happy happy joy joy beats. Dunno what the fuck that was all about but I felt like I was in a god damn 'skihut'.

In de disco draait de deejay
De hele nacht discomuziek
Waardoor er in de harten van het publiek
Een verlangen ontstaat naar sex en romantiek

Every "liveset" with only a laptop.

150 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 08:30:40)