51 (edited by Poodle 2009-03-24 23:18:24)

Re: ah! italodiscogod account suspended on youtube

ruff says it all

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgeRmifPeII[/youtube]

the music industry is killing music!!!

He is right, but I think that records compagnies don t want that the people learn too much about the music culture, because it brings to some anarchic buying  requests from the people, and so, very complicated to drive.  records compagnies want to channel the taste/buisness to sell the new soap music they chose/marketed.

No somo Roberto Succo

cebteq is right, because it's all on IFM anyway, so it dont make any difference hahaha

54 (edited by Poodle 2009-03-25 12:55:04)

@ lucio. i agree that's what it is all really about, isn't it? they are trying to control art and that's just nazi behavour and is the only real crime going on here

black shape wrote:

cebteq is right, because it's all on IFM anyway, so it dont make any difference hahaha

maybe the italo stuff. but if ruff is kicked off im finished... sad

56 (edited by most complicated robot 2009-03-26 11:04:46)

--/~~~~ wrote:
C. wrote:

He cancelled his account to return as "Minimalsynthgod" and steal all your obscure stuff.

DAMMIT.

But most complicated, your argument fails because most stuff you have a problem with being put on youtube most likely isnt 'unknown stuff to potential audience', it's unknown stuff to potential collectors.

It's the typical strawman argument, you make it sound like a noble cause while deep inside it's this voice saying: "shit, less chance for me to find the original for cheap!!". Not sure where you live, but even in rotterdam, 95% of your audience will have no clue whether alex valentini is more obscure than ken laszlo, and still they will be enjoying.
It's also selfish, you dont want people to find out about rare music, you want them to find out through you.

That said I think everybody collecting / playing obscure music shares these thoughts more or less. I for one am not afraid to admit it. It's human to like feeling admired for your knowledge and good taste. But don't pretend it's some kind of noble cause you're defending here. You're not jesus wink

too bad my name is not jarvis cocker, otherwise I could easy be mistaken for jesus christ smile

but seriously, you're right, deep inside me there is this voice telling me exactly what you say, shit another record collectors will push it to the stars pricewise, because they get to know it. And I'm not a collector. Still, the youtube thing spoiled half the fun in digging record, because the automatic other step you take after watching a video on youtube is going to discogs or ebay and look where is the record and for how much it sells, put it on your wantlist or whatever. I do buy records on discogs and ebay too, but it has not the same fascination and, what got me to it, the same thrill as you'd find the same record somewhere, after quite some digging, or by pure accident in some record store, and you didn't know it and you listen to it and you instantly love it and you buy it, records came to me mostly this way. Knowing nothing about it, I paid money for records that worth much less, but I don't regret it. Perhaps my argument is related to discogs too, but I cannot separate them. I just love to discover music through the vinyl itself and not through the fucking youtube. Whatever. And I'm very selfish, yes. And it's not a noble cause, it's just frustration smile I'm not a good man.

@ scarface:
yes, italodiscojesus smile

edit:
another thing came to my mind, it's not the obscurity for the sake of it, drooling over alex valentini instead of ken lazlo, but, the unexpected pleasure to listen something you never heard before, and might it be that joe yellow, or gazebo, or savage, or whatever, you already listened couple of times before... that's it.

yesterday I wanted to look up a track that I would like to order trough discogs, but since italodiscogod his account got kicked of, I dont even know how it went anymore
And a few weeks ago I discovered a track trough the man, and now its already in My bag.
All tracks that even tough I go out shopping a lot, I would probably never know of.
So people that say that its for the best that He's gone are pretty bitchy imo

Dont be a bitch and share Your info..

Hello.....

If you want to get in contact with me or after any tunes just get in touch on my new Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/7277473083

Awesome! What happened?

Hi....

Well, as they say in Australia, it's a case of "Tall Poppy Syndrome"....I think?

The reasons why I started my Youtube channel is to introduce people to this music who haven't heard this genre before.
It wasn't about "showing off", it was about  providing people who were fans of this genre to discover other tracks or find out the title or artist of a track that they've been searching for.

I was like these people as well because there were some songs that I knew but never knew who sung them until Youtube came along. I also discovered Italo tunes that I never heard before.

Youtube also enabled me to find other people who shared my interest and we would trade songs.

but if it's all on your channel it's not to be discovered anymore.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

62 (edited by ds3095 2009-03-27 21:19:10)

I'm not going to upload any more Italo tunes on youtube. I've just opened an account for people who still wanna get in touch with me or if they wanna trade some tunes.

a personal thanks for all your efforts1

Bummer. Was an invaluable resource for saps like me. I really loved it while it was there. sad

cebteq wrote:

a personal thanks for all your efforts1

+1

No somo Roberto Succo

Yeah. Cool, thanks for the contribution and it is always better to keep contact open than just vanish as happens all too much in certain circles and movements. Welcome and glad to see you among us. I hope you decide to stick around.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Too bad your account was closed, mate. Found a lot of great stuff through the various vids you posted. Thanks a lot smile

robots.for.robots

jimi lives on i see...

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

@ds3095  Thank you for very many ecstatic youTube moments mr ItaloDiscoGod!

yeah thanks for the very welcome information Italodiscogod!

yep, a big thank ds3095

yeah, your channel was useful, but what do you mean trading tunes ? mp3 trading ? oh jeez, there's a very good forum drama potential in this
And a question: on your youtube posts, there were always a link saying to click on it to listen the tracks in higher quality, but the link (if i didn't missed anything) send to your channel... hits addicted ?
sorry if i'm rude, i'm back in my farmer modus

I discovered a shit load of italo thanks to italodiscogod`s youtube account so it`s really pitty that it has been suspended... Thanks for all your hours of work!

"A Real Music Hater"

I didnt really discover any new music on there, but it allowed me to hear songs a second time right after they were played on CBS.  also I was able to share with my internet girlfriend

i cant believe reading this thread

discovering italo through youtube, thanks to some guy posting mp3 videos (thats right mp3 videos, it's the same as sending txt documents as bitmaps)

can internet get any more stupid?