Re: Coming soon: 6 New Bunker 3000 releases!!

hehe

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

hmmm. masterpieces you say Tony R. I should release them myself then. Or better why not release it yourself?

Or am I talking to manasyt here Tony?

No, I don't make music but I haven't heard a shitty Bunker just yet:)
But maybe this one is. As far as the price I'm sure a lot of you spend 3+ times
more on records almost falling apart not because that they're that great but just beacuse
they are so obscure, or am I wrong? big_smile

As far as the price I'm sure a lot of you spend 3+ times
more on records almost falling apart not because that they're that great but just beacuse

you are wrong

most complicated robot wrote:

you are wrong

prove me wrong, oh you most complicated robot of them all wink

The most stupid previews are the first minute ones. Like you cannot get any idea how the track really sounds.

yeah and rips of mediocre records are still valid, because a) now i know its shit all the way through, and b) taste is a funny thing. i cant go to some local shop and listen like the old days cos they all shut down, like sander says, some of those previews give you no idea whatsoever

Tony R. wrote:
most complicated robot wrote:

you are wrong

prove me wrong, oh you most complicated robot of them all wink

I mean, I can just spend 5+ times more simply because it's obscure... wink oh I love to waste my money

black shape wrote:

yeah and rips of mediocre records are still valid, because a) now i know its shit all the way through, and b) taste is a funny thing. i cant go to some local shop and listen like the old days cos they all shut down, like sander says, some of those previews give you no idea whatsoever

You can come up with all the valid arguments you want but publicly distributing unauthorized mp3's of brand new releases for anybody to find, that's just not right.

Second that.

160 (edited by Decoder 2009-05-11 13:00:26)

Agree with Brian Chinetti too. Now we can expect to get all new releases via free mp3 here? I think that there are many places to get previews legally.

Reality is just a simulation

since years i have had the option to listen before i buy, but now the shops are going i dont have that option, seeing as i spend most of my money on records i dont want to buy something based purely on a one minute orr sometimess less snippet. my behaviour does not hurt anyone, shop or labels or anyone.

I know what you mean, but I would argue that most tracks reveal ALL their secrets in 1 minute, weather that is good or bad..

If Bunker wanted people to listen to the whole track, they would have uploaded the whole release themselve. Bias is obviously doing this to provoke and prove a point.. but he shows little to no respect to the people making, pressing or selling the music.
Hey Bias, these aren't even edits, some people try to actually contribute creativity and come up with something new. Wasn't that what you were fighting for all the time in the edit debate? So why also dismiss their efforts by doing something that is obviously unwanted by those responsible for release.. It's not very constructive or positive imo. Just cheap provocation.

hoor ik nou een kwartje vallen?

wink

TB or not TB

Agree to what Starborough says here. I found it pretty respectless towards the label. Besides,it could also get this forum in trouble to post such stuff here. Fortunately someone finally removed the links

I prefer to download mp3's for preview use (or go to shop and listen to the record) especially when they're 19euro a piece and not available in store. In the end I usually do buy all the bunkers/creme's but now since this sweet price increasement Ill be more picky. So far I got almost the whole  3000's Bunker series and the Creme's missing only like 3 or whatever but when prices like this will pop up Im sure not gonna buy all of them anymore. In the past I could by an imo. mediocre record with like 1 good track on it to support both me and the label/artist and because it was reasonable priced but that changed from now on.

About posting (new) mp3's from labels/artists in general is NOT nice and therefore wont be tolerated anymore.

there is a lot of crap that gets harder to wade through though, ok sure you can argue its disrespectful to the ownwer/creator but also the customer deserves some respect too. i dont mean specifically bunker
i have heard about releases being pressed that were not even checked before hand to make sure the songs are even right. there is labels about that pump out crap, and we all know that
i just dont think this is a black and white situation anymore

bias is too punk rock for your conservative values.

Monkey see, monkey do.

http://l-userpic.livejournal.com/76833923/15041173

@Biotek: I wonder, do you - or the labels you work with - post the mp3s of your releases in full length directly before or after the vinyl release?

I'm sharing my releases on soulseek (as flac.) About labels, atleast I know that my release on a finnish label was shared on oink as flacs by the label themselves along with the rest of their catalogue which is perfectly fine with me.

Monkey see, monkey do.

good music deserves to be heard, no matter if anyone (artist, labels, collectors) gets scammed

Europa has burned, and will burn again

173 (edited by Decoder 2009-05-11 14:09:12)

@biotek: I see. I remember we discussed some things before, but i forgot about the details, so i have to ask again: you don't really see it necessary to release your music on vinyl? And the label you worked with, releases on vinyl for money and as digital for free?

174 (edited by biotek 2009-05-11 14:32:27)

It's all free in Soviet russia.

Monkey see, monkey do.

great for them smile