51 (edited by Robotworks 2008-07-16 17:23:13)

Re: Why the CBS really crashed n burnt?

Same thing for me. I'm not at home for a while and I didn't connect to the CBS for a long time. I dreamt about the CBS during the night, and when I remembered the dream, I tried to connect from where I am. It was the July 7th at 7:30 PM.

When I connected I saw what's happening, I just thought "Oookay" and turned the computer off...

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien

1) money
2) listeners
3) forum
4) content
5) megalomania

1) you
2) don't
3) know
4) jack

☂ bezoek okiland !

5) shit

thanks for finishing smile

☂ bezoek okiland !

lol this is worse than the xfiles with so many secrets smile  major indentity crisis for the cbs: does it want to be underground or go mainstream ?  the middleground causes too much anxiety

57 (edited by C. 2008-07-24 23:01:12)

Megalomania, that's it. Sorry to say but i really think bias' post in the now closed topic was right on spot.

And actually, it's hilarious to have something like robotdj.net and then accuse people of being spoilt.

i didnt say anything xdjx didnt say in the 'other' forum.  but we are not allowed to quote so...

Can some sane person please lock this topic....

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

Erroraudio, dont feel bad if you cant resist opening a topic.  it must be some kind of mental problem we have

61 (edited by zora 2008-07-25 01:05:31)

i dont know why we should always have to lock topics. some criticism and (proper) discussion should be allowed, no? aside from that i agree that some things could have been done different, i might sometimes not understand some opinions here or even strongly disagree with others, but hey. free your mind!

.."this world`s a bubble"..

The Complexx wasn't just a creative name....

Who knows, it's over, that's the bottom line. No sense trying to speculate or demand an explanation. We'll just have to wait and see what's next or do something yourself if you don't like it.

word ^

fuck the cbs, long love the cbs !

live hips !

well, we all love music here & that's the main thing, fuck money & all those embarassing issues !

65 (edited by Robot Monster 2008-07-25 08:48:28)

Cia Did Cbs!

robots.for.robots

Why stop open discussion and lock up a topic, i think there should be space for different opinions (as long as its not insulting anyone). Something clearly went wrong with the CBS, but why? because  it costs too much energy/money/time for RDJX, or/and we robot took to much and didn't return (help/money/music/support/new robots).    .... i agree with some other robots here that its getting totally unclear what the reasons are for finishing the CBS. Especially after some of the discussions in other topics. I might be rephrase the questions, but I'm only doing this to try to help out and because i loved the CBS. I like the new thing turn into an success. But what is a success ->listener numbers, more participation, running break-even??

listener numers =  traffic = interesting for advertising = money = break even = rewarding in multple ways

Mr. Maximal wrote:

listener numers =  traffic = interesting for advertising = money = break even = rewarding in multple ways

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZjQh8WBF6k[/youtube]

From my experience, perfect things never make a buck...

it's not a profit thing, Hotmix is a non-profit organization, a Foundation and not an Inc and with all the little bits coming in from listeners and some additional $ efforts from our own end we managed to pay the bills.

71 (edited by Larry Levan 2008-07-25 18:49:17)

It's gone now so all I can say is THANKS DJX (and all other FRIENDLY robots)

The reason why, if it was overated or not, money problems or whatever don't really matter now, now all I know is that it was great!

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

well its coming back apparently, we just thought all along it was REALLY over wink

No no NO...sorry if that sounded offensive, Ferenc. It was my way of saying that the CBS was too good to last, and whatever came via donations, etc. all went back to maintaining it. I totally understand, because I've been a musician for 21 years and lost every penny I made via music or non-music activities because I pumped it back into music.

if you understand you shoulda donated some pennies at least

For the benefit of the blind, let me re-quote:

I've been a musician for 21 years and lost every penny I made via music or non-music activities because I pumped it back into music.