Re: Piratebay

I've always though that the best way to fully maintain you artistic integrity (whatever that means to you) is to fully separate your professional and artistic life.

I dropped an art class 5 minutes into it because our "collage" had to cover the entire board. I was like fuck this I wanted to learn about other artists and walked out.  id never survive as an artist

Dez wrote:

I've always though that the best way to fully maintain you artistic integrity (whatever that means to you) is to fully separate your professional and artistic life.

What is professional and what is artistic life???????????????? wheres the difference???

score100 wrote:
Dez wrote:

What is professional and what is artistic life???????????????? wheres the difference???

My professional life is the one that pays me to do jobs in certain ways, by a certain time, with certain tools.

My artistic life is everything but that.

They are both fun.

Dez wrote:

I make documentaries for a living and my artistic life = my professional life = (for a part) my personal life

funds are essential (in Holland) to get the money for making documentaries and I do whatever is necessary to get the film made in the way I want

I fight artistically for my film and I fight to get the money for the film, because it's very simple: no money = no film

yes ok, but when small local governmet is giving out money, you can be guaranteed to get some shit on your doorstep

so its true artists live for free in europe roll

108 (edited by Dez 2009-04-21 21:29:50)

Nukubot wrote:
Dez wrote:

I make documentaries for a living and my artistic life = my professional life = (for a part) my personal life

funds are essential (in Holland) to get the money for making documentaries and I do whatever is necessary to get the film made in the way I want

I fight artistically for my film and I fight to get the money for the film, because it's very simple: no money = no film

I'm a graphic designer for a very large magazine publishing corporation. Many would consider what I do to be artistic. But the moment there are even the most minor restrictions placed on my creative liberties, I consider my efforts professional and not artistic.

That's not to say there aren't artistic ASPECTS of what I do professionally.

It's just how I feel and it's an ethos that has worked well for me.

Yes it's all sunshine and lollipops over here.

Monkey see, monkey do.

i think in norway, you get money from the government, if you are a practicing artist. as if it was a wage.
i only say that as an example because i lived there. in the uk you dont get that. i think you can tell the difference

now i see why so many americans move to holland big_smile

can you tell the difference?

yes i can tell the difference.  actually I know some americans who moved to germany, so i take it artists live for free in germany as well big_smile

many people live for free here, we've got a well social net of benefits in germany

Ey Freund Blase, es gibt süßen Brei!

im gonna go out on a limb and say sweden is the same way (if not better) smile

biotek wrote:

because while artists can make some cash they necessarely don't. that's why you need a grant system, and I like that there are still some values that aren't printed in green ink.

or you could just get a job and pay for it all yourself. I also like those non inked values

cebteq wrote:

now i see why so many americans move to holland big_smile

smoke weed, get money, be "creative", enjoy the good life

come to Europe!

cebteq wrote:

im gonna go out on a limb and say sweden is the same way (if not better) smile

nice one, now we are back again with Sweden, with the whole Piratebay thing which started this thread in the first place

whats piratebay? wink  btw, the world needs chocolate.. think of me as the fudgepacker

schweden is it, i wish, maybe its because im not swedish but i not got a penny in benefits, i tried everything. Mind everythings free if yur somalian or iraqi.

"positive mutation!"

121 (edited by cebteq 2009-04-21 23:11:53)

somalian butt pirate, well done!

ps: maybe you need to be unemployed?

lixa-6 wrote:

Mind everythings free if yur somalian or iraqi.

huh?

refugees

yep refugees, there so many in my town, this small town near the arctic circle with no jobs nowt, then they stuff them all in the ghetto here, its weird.

"positive mutation!"

125 (edited by Funkbox 2009-04-21 23:24:27)

oh, dont like the analogy but its understood now smile