Re: CBS is back!

so did  the relaunch of the cbs was yesterday ???

ancestors from another galaxy

Yes, its channel 4 on IFM.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

sunday 19 april is orthodox easter .....
cbs is ressurected along with holy jesus christ.....
cbs the second coming !!!!

ancestors from another galaxy

amen

and now we need a CBS forum smile same old same old

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

31 (edited by Sander 2009-04-20 22:33:17)

GM wrote:

This forum is pretty much the same. Would be useless to have two.

Better is to put the old forum online, but in a closed state.
I sometime find old topics on google google but the url does not exist anymore.

Might be useless to have two forums - but I never understood why we don't have an IFM section here on robotsforrobots...

As far as addicts stuff and daily struggle goes this forum is as good as the old CBS forum was, but I would still like a forum dedicated to IntergalacticFM stuff to see the light of day.

Commenting on the IFM homepage news posts or using the live chat is not the same thing... those don't work as well as a forum  - as far as I am concerned anyway. I'm not talking about community building and random fun - we have that pretty much nailed down here - but about the great level of discussion we use to have on the CBS forum about CBS shows, the stream, mixes and special events.  For example, even if you missed a live transmission, you could still catch the discussion and related partying on the forum.. I miss that.

But in the end the IFM team is calling the shots, as they should be, and I respect them not wanting to have to deal with a forum again. Time is not an unlimited resource, choices have to be made.

went to a music fest for the weekend, had a great time, and then come back to teh CBS stream up! so lovely..

statiq wrote:

But in the end the IFM team is calling the shots, as they should be, and I respect them not wanting to have to deal with a forum again. Time is not an unlimited resource, choices have to be made.

I think that it's also the other way around: this forum not having to deal with the IFM team. Makes it more independent. If you want to start these toppics you can always and if you ask stentec nicely maybe he will make an IFM section....

Top 100 being compiled for end of year then?
wink

top 100 will be back, no doubt

pumpin it now on my sickday at home. i get 2004 vibes all over. it feels like home

baz wrote:

I think that it's also the other way around: this forum not having to deal with the IFM team. Makes it more independent. If you want to start these toppics you can always and if you ask stentec nicely maybe he will make an IFM section....

I did ask in the RobotsForRobots suggestions thread but I never got an answer.

This is one of the best news I read lately... I'm sooooo pleased to listen to the CBS again!

Phoenix never dies wink

This is electro darlin' !
Bruce aka Lemmings - http://www.djlemmings.com - http://www.elektrosonik.com

Sander wrote:
GM wrote:

This forum is pretty much the same. Would be useless to have two.

did you try viewing 'cached' version

statiq wrote:
baz wrote:

I did ask in the RobotsForRobots suggestions thread but I never got an answer.

At some point it was supposed to happen but It never did.....
The  forum needs some change maybe. But I have little time to do stuff like that so maybe in the summer.
Maybe a total make-over? Dunno. Like its now there's little maintainance. I like that.

baz wrote:
statiq wrote:

@ Baz: I agree

it's good this way: this forum is nice to spill my guts and have a chat about whatever, I actually post a lot more here then I did at the old CBS forum, I like the fact that there's no hierarchy at this forum, Stentec is a wise forum master smile

it was also a wise decision by the IFM crew to let go of the old forum and concentrate on the radio, that way they don't get too much involved in all the hassle that goes around on here, all those opinions and tastes can be distracting

it's like children who are going to live on themselves: they should never live to close to their parents

or as the Dutch saying goes: kinderen en ouders moeten nooit elkaars schoorsteen zien roken...

43 (edited by cebteq 2009-04-27 16:58:01)

I dunno I kinda miss rdjx he was more like a brother
Edit: I feel like destroying the forum sometimes too

6 o'clock curfew just aired, i really missed that and the robot voice saying 'greetings'

lot of anger in you cebteq, you still off the booze or something?

keep hackney crap

45 (edited by neferos 2009-04-27 17:03:11)

anyway it0s so good to hear the cbs again... it's make warm in my hearth to hear the jingles....

46 (edited by cebteq 2009-04-27 17:18:59)

yes its the booze sad

47 (edited by zora 2009-04-27 18:05:04)

yeah, sometimes i think theres sth missing, too. may it be rdjx or maybe sth like a special vibe the old forum had, dont know. but probably the vibe of this "new" forum is just slightly different. and i have to agree that i appreciate the larger independence from ifm and freedom for sometimes more controversial topics/ opinions. theres no need for a "dictator", no matter how benevolent. this board works more or less perfect, i believe, and satisfies all needs and more, so thats good. sometimes all those disputes are a little annoying though, but then again, thats part of life and i even find them amusing now and then.
im very happy cbs is back. i truly missed those jingles and also this 6 oclock curfew curfew. hehe. and i like it all mixed up, thats just perfect for me. though it doesnt really feel like cbs felt, but more like just the 4th ifm channel, if that makes any sense. and i also like the other channels now, so its getting hard to choose sometimes. but better be spoild for choice than having none, i think. and its the very best radio possible imo, so im more than happy its back.

oh, and im hoping for new soulrider mixxes to come up. really liked his one way ticket (to nowhere) hours a lot and miss them. anyone knows whats up with him?

.."this world`s a bubble"..

S.T.E.N.T.E.C. wrote:

At some point it was supposed to happen but It never did.....Like its now there's little maintainance. I like that.

I hear you about the low maintenance thing, also nice to hear that you're open to change, even if things works the way they are... there's always room for a little tweaking now and then.

Anyhooo...

The 6 o'clock curfew always gets me... feels right at home.

Sander wrote:

+1

prestige protector wrote:

did you try viewing 'cached' version

but theres no cache anymore ??

.."this world`s a bubble"..

hail satan!

GREETZ!