Re: Dumbest questions (or comments) you received while DJing

The best thing is always to just ignore those people..they will be standing there for 5 or 10 minutes trying to talk to you and make a total ass out of themselves...

I got this tip from overdose, when somebody keeps asking /behaving something annoying just turn off the music ask what i can't hear you and everybody will look at that person and sometimes they kick them out hehe

hans olof wrote:

some dude started tweaking my 101 while i was playing live. i got pissed off since some girls had already made requests, so i slapped his hand and told him to fuck off. later he apologized, i said okay... but why did you do it?
- well, i pushed some of the buttons before you were playing, and nothing happened, so i figured it was just fake big_smile

That moment was gold, we should have kicked him out lol

Squadra Smackos wrote:

I got this tip from overdose, when somebody keeps asking /behaving something annoying just turn off the music ask what i can't hear you and everybody will look at that person and sometimes they kick them out hehe

good tip! lol

"Hey me and my buddy just got back from iraq. He told me to ask you to play some good house music, do you have any?"
*shakes head* 4/4 clap techno crust continues with 10/70 people dancing

hans olof wrote:

some dude started tweaking my 101 while i was playing live. i got pissed off since some girls had already made requests, so i slapped his hand and told him to fuck off. later he apologized, i said okay... but why did you do it?
- well, i pushed some of the buttons before you were playing, and nothing happened, so i figured it was just fake big_smile

hahahaha! that's class...

131 (edited by Albion 2009-04-29 00:19:03)

Some dude in a Hells Angels vest asked me to play his demo.
ok..

His excited eyes from within the dark interior glazed;
watered in appreciation of his thoughtful preparation.

Albion wrote:

Some dude in a Hells Angels vest asked me to play his demo.
ok..

you never know... wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Albion: When.. And how was it? Meehee

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

grottan. a couple of goths on the dancefloor.
he said he had recorded it the same night.
turned out to be some kind of camp fire song.

His excited eyes from within the dark interior glazed;
watered in appreciation of his thoughtful preparation.

I had this friend of a friend nag me to play a track he had brought on a cd once, he wanted to see how it worked on a dance floor. Turned out to be a 12 minute long track...

Would have cut that shit at the break, or made one for him. wink Then hand it back and say, "I think it could use a break in there somewhere."

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

I woulve played it and said "wow this is jamming!" then start dancing on the dancefloor

Is he in a Prog Rock band?

No, it was a deep house track that was slowly building up to... something. I wouldn't know, I cut it after three minutes, and that was being generous big_smile

girl: do you have this and that?
me: no.
girl: do you have that and this?
me: no.
girl: ok, ill just stand here a little until you play sth alike so my girlfriends think you were listening to me.

pretty sad isnt it?

One time I requested Naughty By Nature "Feel Me Flow" and the dude had it. It was epic.

Once I was plagued by a guy called Berkan if I could play "Netzwerk Frankfurt" or something like that. I told him it is shit an I don't like it. An hour later a guy called Martin told me that Berkan is no longer with "Netzwerk Frankfurt".

Europa has burned, and will burn again

when I have to dj and people come asking stupid records. I always say "mm i don't know that record , can you sing it for me"
always fun :-)

???

EliasRafael wrote:

Once I was plagued by a guy called Berkan if I could play "Netzwerk Frankfurt" or something like that. I told him it is shit an I don't like it. An hour later a guy called Martin told me that Berkan is no longer with "Netzwerk Frankfurt".

hahaha

francobot wrote:

when I have to dj and people come asking stupid records. I always say "mm i don't know that record , can you sing it for me"
always fun :-)

careful what you wish for. Traxx once asked whether we had heard Hieroglyphic Being's acid workout "The ninth root" that was going to be released on Gigolo. We hadn't, so the dude "sang" almost the entire track. Mind you it's a looong, building acid track. It WAS an almost perfect rendition I realized when i heard the record years later, only the low-end was missing. Hearing his acapella version was a bit much though, acapella acid is not my thing. funny to hear though

Dumbest question i was asked when deejaying: 'Is that a Berkan G

:d :d :d

raoul wrote:

Dumbest question i was asked when deejaying: 'Is that a Berkan G

I had some guy come up to me once and request that I only play songs that make use side-chain compression.

Dez wrote:

I had some guy come up to me once and request that I only play songs that make use side-chain compression.

i had a guy tell me; 'this is some great goa trance' while i was playing der zyklus.
somehow it sounded more out of place then than it does now.

Pages Previous 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Dumbest questions (or comments) you received while DJing