26 (edited by Starborough 2009-04-21 16:08:37)

Re: early goa trance

iamelectron wrote:

Is 90-93 Goa pre-trance the new Cosmic by the way?

I might have to invest in some records - and start a night up before that lot in London catch on... wink

No no, keep your focus on the peruvian late 60s early 70s panflute scene, just before they discovered Simon and Garfunkel..

Haha, when I went to edinburgh university I met alot of "Yah" types who had been to Eton and Harrow etc then on gap years to india/thaiiland/ goa etc and were into this type of music and takin mushrooms and any other drugs available

I remember one particular guy who was a dealer and his name was Corinthian - I actually saw an album in his house called "It's Not Intelligent...And It's Not From Detroit...But It's Fuckin' 'Avin It" but that was more UK squat party acid techno I think.

Posh British people eh?

28 (edited by speculator 2009-04-21 16:12:49)

@iamelctron
yes, (but it is really just techno)

and sounds like a good idea

Starborough wrote:
iamelectron wrote:

I might have to invest in some records - and start a night up before that lot in London catch on... wink

No no, keep your focus on the peruvian late 60s early 70s panflute scene, just before they discovered Simon and Garfunkel..

I  personally am torn between late 70s russian minimal dark wave made on the computers used to send sputnik into space and secret Yugoslavian cosmic/space disco.

Even if its all considered acid (what's in the name) there's still a difference between good and bad acid/  just because it has a 303 don't mean its good. You guys are dumb

31 (edited by iamelectron 2009-04-21 16:26:02)

scott_neon wrote:
Starborough wrote:
iamelectron wrote:

I  personally am torn between late 70s russian minimal dark wave made on the computers used to send sputnik into space and secret Yugoslavian cosmic/space disco.

It

You're Fucking Out, I'm Fucking In

scott_neon wrote:

Haha, when I went to edinburgh university I met alot of "Yah" types who had been to Eton and Harrow etc then on gap years to india/thaiiland/ goa etc and were into this type of music and takin mushrooms and any other drugs available

I remember one particular guy who was a dealer and his name was Corinthian -
Posh British people eh?

'Corinithian' big_smile.  Babys due soon, might use that.

Off topic - Played at a Yah party a few years ago and it had the Christian Society and yacht club. No smoking, no drinking, loads of square-jawed rosey-cheeked Tim-Nice-But-Dim clones
and loadsa Kylie requests.
brrrrrilliant craic!

scott_neon wrote:

I remember one particular guy who was a dealer and his name was Corinthian - I actually saw an album in his house called "It's Not Intelligent...And It's Not From Detroit...But It's Fuckin' 'Avin It" but that was more UK squat party acid techno I think.

Posh British people eh?

Those bastards suck the life out of Edinburgh. Thank fuck Glasgow is only an hour away. I think its getting worse they are even opening some yah swingers club. Inbred Horsey types.

Have crusties and yahs not formed some evil sort of Evil Empire Alliance and called it psyTrance.

A paranoid is someone who knows a little of whats really going on.

sorry for hijacking your thread speculator!

Squadra Smackos wrote:

One of those tracks reminded me of Power of American Natives maybe it was a remix of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wumr8rX5Qjg hehe I really like that song except for the basedrum (which they started using in almost all goa psycho trance or whatever its called later on...you get deaf quickly from that thup sound)

wow you killed me here Smackos!
i was singing it few days ago to a friend, while talking about some early high school party.
i remember standing at the wall looking at the people dancing and wondering...

those were the days ........
89 - 93 was full of nice records merging the acid/techno/rave/trance styles (trying to imitate detroit techno)
and then .....
it was suddenly called goa / psy and from then on it went downhill .
(have to point out though that the early dragonfly releses were good !!)

ancestors from another galaxy

iamelectron wrote:

upper middle class family, trust fund, dreadlocks

iamelectron wrote:

that terrible French label in the silver/white sleeve who

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

e,r wrote:
iamelectron wrote:

that terrible French label in the silver/white sleeve whos name I forget (not FNAC which was good).

transpact ?

That's the one!

cant we talk about the good part? if there is one?

speculator wrote:

cant we talk about the good part? if there is one?

That's the problem - it was never good, and for us Brits it drags up some horrible memories sad

Mule Driver wrote:
Squadra Smackos wrote:

One of those tracks reminded me of Power of American Natives maybe it was a remix of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wumr8rX5Qjg hehe I really like that song except for the basedrum (which they started using in almost all goa psycho trance or whatever its called later on...you get deaf quickly from that thup sound)

wow you killed me here Smackos!
i was singing it few days ago to a friend, while talking about some early high school party.
i remember standing at the wall looking at the people dancing and wondering...

mule driver - ahahahaa imagining you trying to sing this is just so.. funny
big_smile

43 (edited by dolcevita 2009-04-30 11:23:35)

unfortunately GOA trance is now competely dead.

the new music is called "dark psy" and is 150 bpm gabber for teenies.
the israelis are doing now comercial euro-trance
also the progressive genre is dying - only 3 or 4 labels left  and all is sounding the same...

the old days were pure magic ... and cosmic ...
especially in goa / india

check old records from the DRAGONFLY label

i recommend MAN WITH NO NAME (teleport): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQaVv9PEGCM

or SHAKTA (questions):

in germany X-DREAM were great. their remix from the track "out here we are stoned" is a classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGjJOPCb7Yg

i also love some new stuff when its more minimal - cause of the moroder basslines smile

two faves:

PROTOCULTURE: terra tronics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbwF2CHaQT4
i love this "space talk" and the morphed female vocals after 3 minutes ....

SILICON SOUND vs GAIA: Passenger:

but if you are more into oldschool and acid check some classic CD compilations with all neccessary stuff...

i hate soccer

thanks

this is not early but from 2000:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c56on0pZ … re=related

for me it was groundbreaking:

full on but minimalistic, deep & hypnotic - completely without stupid breakdowns or rave signals ...

must be cool to play it at 70 bpm instead of 140 wink

unfortunately the producer of that piece sucks now totally

i hate soccer

Bankie Phones wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEErmhMpMz8[/youtube]

the opening track is fucking awesome...

like total recall club music,

The opening track is an old school EBM Track from the belgish band "Shift" and is called "Wedding".

Actually i have so much old goa records (mostly vinyl).. i always wanted to put them on ebay, but it was too much work.
If you are interested i will post a list with all the stuff (its mainly Juno Reactor related stuff,dragonfly, blue room, matsuri etc...) i would sell.

maybe youll like this next year, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=synzXS_t61k

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

soundz like a overdrug music

No somo Roberto Succo

Pages Previous 1 2

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → early goa trance

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB