Re: IFM Demo Contest

MMG wrote:

hot demos dropping all the time! can't consentrate on reading.

i hope many of these last tracks are gonna get released...

word !!
maybe something for the clone follow up ?

Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, "Listen, mate, -life- has surface noise..." [John Peel]

bad time to be at a company retreat djx and smackos sound like theyre having fun

damn work. missed half of it answering phones.

funny first day. overdose had me crackin up.

GREETZ!

missed half the show, heard it from number 17 and on. Phantomas rocked! missed the Orient Express track everyone was talking about - oh well ill be waiting for the upload. Phone calls were great great great! - thanks everyone

gotta say big up to smackos and if for this nice contest! my track was probably among the worst ones, but that makes it even cooler since you don't get that chance normally to hear some feedback from pro's as a less experienced producer. smile

82 (edited by cloud9 2009-05-06 01:48:29)

though i did not dig all the tracks i could still feel the passion and time that people must have put into their submissions. it was a great great show. i-f, smackos, overdose, and all the callers made it that much more entertaining. i'm disappointed in sleeks computer for not allowing him to enter!! i am sure there will be more of these contests though as there seemed to be an all time high of visitors on the website and stream! i can not wait till next week to listen to the rest of the demos/"critics"/phone calls!!

edit: let me repeat, the # is +... oh wait wait we have a phone call. answer it!

^rofl ill tell you in the chat room the details man.

GREETZ!

i do think some of the tracks that i heard shoulda got the shredder. REEEEEEERRRRRRR

GREETZ!

Thanks for the feedback!

86 (edited by aratkiLo 2009-05-06 08:41:16)

Was really kool live action smile
A bit desappointed to have to wait one more week to discover Berkan G

who was orient express again.. didn't hear right

Vlam Aan

The seemed to be no background info on Orient Express, but I have my suspicions...I only know of one very talented guy who can manage to transpose a song so many times without any overkill.

My lips are sealed!

Was funny and had some interesting stuff. Jury was doing a good job, also the phone guests.

Reality is just a simulation

http://robotdj.net/getme.php?id=5112 for download , day one big_smile

Die Invasion der Kybernauten hat Europa erreicht.

so orient express = overdose? or mono perhaps?

Vlam Aan

32 Power And Darkness

Loving this one bad!   Patrick Cowley Tech-no-logical ring modulation (or vco cross modulation) tinker toy timbres.
Terribly effective minimal melodies.  Dodgy fat Belgian bastard Front 242 era 8 bit vocal samples. 

Guess I should move to Berlin or Poland since I am a lover of static 'trance' sounds....

kuczera wrote:

so orient express = overdose? or mono perhaps?

The ping pong delay is 100% the same as on the Freak Electrique's PARSEC.
I suspect an insider job.  I will cover this in my upcoming Hague Electronix Pamphlet - "Conspiracy A-Go-GO".

94 (edited by kuczera 2009-05-08 08:40:09)

^ i was joking but yes could be

btw like your lucifer avator, maybe a little bit more light to it.. did you try that?

Vlam Aan

Alex Acre "Dim The Light" has a really boss chorus,  tune has got stuck in my head.  Bidding war is coming over for this.

kuczera wrote:

^ i was joking but yes could be

btw like your lucifer avator, maybe a little bit more light to it.. did you try that?

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Specter

Specter, an older IL-series Cylon, demonstrates despicable traits of (and including) thievery, dishonesty and deceptiveness.

We almost completely destroyed the humans and they decided to head to the disco planet.

specter wrote:

32 Power And Darkness

Loving this one bad!   Patrick Cowley Tech-no-logical ring modulation (or vco cross modulation) tinker toy timbres.
Terribly effective minimal melodies.  Dodgy fat Belgian bastard Front 242 era 8 bit vocal samples. 

Guess I should move to Berlin or Poland since I am a lover of static 'trance' sounds....

Kool/Thxxx for the comment/references specter.. Could be really worse haha ! smile

I realy enjoyed the show yesterday. Smackos was great at the end of the show smile
Orient Express is dope!

"A Real Music Hater"

Really like the Hector Zazou styled FRANCE & VINCE (15) and the nice poppy ALEX AKERS (17) ...
More have to be listened to again

while listen to the show the 3rd time now I thought to copy the complete list into here. I have some favourites already. it`s good to check the tracks again, now I think different, some tracks I liked first are not that interesting anymore, some others I feel better for after another try. `so goes that`.

the entries:

01 MALE CONNECTOR - I Am Doft Ponk
02 Ctrl.Alt.Del - Nightvision GPS Update
03 8 Voices - Hendiadys
04 1080p - I Am Not Part Of The Scene I Live By The Sea
05 IVAN KUOLEMA - Heresy
06 Hologram 30 - Kimota
07 VOLTRON ST-727 - I killed An Hippie
08 TCHQD - Hespa
09 Peppilotta - I En Klass F

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)