Re: Life sucks when ...

@ Humangigz: working in a bookshop but I handed in my resignation notice couldn't handle the bullshit and the 6 hour commute no more

@ Mule Driver: hey no hurt feelings and you definitely have a point. But with the economy the way it is here in the States I'm sometimes a little worried. Thanks for the advice ... yeah I'd like to temp and freelance ideally teach though which is what i did back in France.

when you work, all weekend. it blows supremely hard.

when you cork the only remaining bottle of wine in the house, and then drink most of it anyway just to spite yourself hmm

254 (edited by humangigz 2008-12-07 02:23:17)

@Marco Tulio Thrash you've got a good level in french probably a good idea to teach for companies ( are there opportunities for this in the US ? )

when you get made redundant from work with two weeks to go to christmas
fuck it, what ye gonna do?

keep hackney crap

hope you find something soon

is that what that means?  yikes, sorry to hear that buddy sad

byron wrote:

sorry to hear that, hope you get sorted soon.

sorry about that Byron. hope something comes up for you soon man.

shit Byron. Thats a fucker. I hope you find something soon aswell mate.

cheers guys, guess i better tell clone to put the swimming pool on hold, i won't be buying records for a while.
silver linings though, i get to spend a lot more time with my daughter and my girlfriend

keep hackney crap

bad luck but keep yer chin up. redundancies will be affecting more and more people in the near future unfortunately

263 (edited by zora 2008-12-10 11:15:53)

sorry to hear that, byron. also bad timing of course, but then again, theres never a comfortable timing, i believe. hope you can straighten out your things soon. and yeah, better look on the bright sides!

im just a little annoyed right now. usally i dont work on wednesdays. but today there was supposed to be a special meeting this morning to declare the companys "new strategy" or sth. so i came. just for the morning, i thought, to attend the meeting. but now it got postponed to this afternoon. so well, i gotta stay. nothing too bad, had no fixed things to do today really and i can take another day off this week for that, but still.. annoying.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

beware those 'new strategy' meetings, they usually mean cost cutting and redundancies.

byron wrote:

cheers guys, guess i better tell clone to put the swimming pool on hold, i won't be buying records for a while.
silver linings though, i get to spend a lot more time with my daughter and my girlfriend

Fuck man thats total balls... Clever chap like you tho wont be long fore your back on the pony..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

byron wrote:

"Watcha gonna do?" may be Mr Flagio has the answer.

Seriously though good luck with your next move

it does suck mr. Byron. but as we said the other night it means more time for daughter and girlfriend, and the thrill that comes with looking for new things.
oh, and more time for the pub also wink

best of luck!!

Whn you get off with a chick you have fancied at work for over a year, but

BUT:-
1. She works at the same company
2.She works In the H.R. dept and she is not alowed to date "employees"

meh.... Life just is too complex.

oh man. love goes beyond rules and hierarchies... but with the credit crunch... just go Romeo and Juliet, secret dating etc!

I understand but I dont have to like it..

... when every minute of your workday reminds you of the tale of Sisyphus.

robots.for.robots

Robot Monster wrote:

... when every minute of your workday reminds you of the tale of Sisyphus.

I hear you bro 

Sisyphus

AeginaAnother famous soul condemned to the prison of Tartarus was Sisyphus, who prior to his imprisonment was a King of Corinth. It seems that Aegina, the daughter of the river god Asopus was carried off by none other than Zeus himself. When the angry father came to Corinth to search for her, Sisyphus promised to tell all he knew if only the god would bless his city with a perennial spring. Asopus agreed and created a beautiful spring behind the temple of Aphrodite. Sisyphus kept his word and told the river god that it was Zeus who was responsible for the kidnapping of his daughter. As punishment for divulging the god's secret, Zeus sentenced Sisyphus to be imprisioned forever in the pit of Tartarus.

Because he was blessed with an excessively cunning mind, Sisyphus gave Hades a run for his money. He tricked the Lord of the Dead into trying on a pair of handcuffs, immediately locking them once they were around the god's wrists. Sisyphus kept Hades a prisoner in his home for days, during which time no one was permitted to die regardless of the sererity of their wounds. It was Ares that finally intervened, freeing Hades and delivering his captor to Tartarus.

Punishment of SisyphusDetermined to evade his sentence, Sisyphus soon divised another plan. Before actually descending into the abyss, he left instructions for his wife Merope not to bury him. When finally entering the realm of the dead, Sisyphus at once marched before Queen Persephone announcing that there had been a mistake. He continued by saying that as an unburied person he had no business being there, but instead should have been left upon the banks of the River Styx. He declared that he should be allowed to return to the upper world and avenge this disgrace before arranging for a proper burial.

He sincerely promised Persephone that he would return to Hades in three days. Believing this to be the truth, the Queen of the Dead granted his request, but in reality Sisyphus had no intentions of returning. Zeus called upon Hermes, the messenger of the gods, to capture and return Sisyphus to his rightful place in Tartarus. For his punishment, Sisyphus was doomed to spend eternity trying to push an enormous boulder up the side of a steep hill. To his detriment each time before reaching the top the boulder would roll backwards and Sisyphus would have to start all over again.

Sorry byron sad

My co-workers make my blood boil. They aren't responding to my emails and it's really pissing me off. We can access our email remotely from any computer with internet. There's no excuse. I am wondering how/why they have jobs when there are so many more competent people out there without jobs...

that sucks byron - here's to enjoying loads of time with your loved ones over christmas though fella.

we had a pay cut today - not too bad but it means i'm getting paid less than i was five years ago to do the same job sad of course we only found out when we got the pay slips today. least i have a job though. think everyone's in the same boat and it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

time to tighten the belts - stay out of the pub and more knacker drinking...

Your health keeps failing in a time where you need to go searching for a new job.